Healthiest Thai bread?

Tokay

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Baguette is not healthwise because inside, there is : white flour, much sugar, much salt , high glycemic rate , much gluten

better to buy ( or make yourself ) bread made with complete flour ( T 80 , not sure available in Thailand )

Baguette is not healthwise because inside, there is : white flour, much sugar, much salt , high glycemic rate , much gluten

better to buy ( or make yourself ) bread made with complete flour ( T 80 , not sure available in Thailand )

I doubt the sugar....maybe just for the yeast. And salt is no problem. Gluten is no problem.

Just the white flour.....So either eat in moderation and not every day or do lots of sport. The taste is definitely worth to go 50 km with the bicycle first licklips.gif

I am sure white rice is worse and tastes nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wasn't the question about how ,do get a good bread here? Why can' t all these idiots keep to the topic instead of giving health sugestions , Please .keep your thought to the initial questions

"To" rather than "do", I think. If the initial question included "good" then (presumably) what counts as "good" is relevant; or am I being an "idiot"?

Spetersen was correct. The whole point of this exercise was to find good bread. That means finding bread that is well made that people can enjoy eating - a very relevant topic given the limited supply of quality bread in this country. It was not centered on all this unsubstantiated stuff on whether bread is healthy or not. Mr Petersen was entirely correct and accurate in pointing out how people hijack a great topic for their own irrelevant trivia.

What is worse he then gets condemned for trying to make the whole discussion worthwhile.

• 3 months later...

For me now an acceptable bread with good availability is the Farmhouse Royal Bread 12 Grains. It contains no artificial flavour and has some healthy grains inside. But still 8 percent sugar. Anyway a good alternative for me if I don't have a homemade bread at the moment.

We usually eat it within 5 to 7 days. I keep it in the fridge . Only once it got bad after a week, must have touched it with something on my fingers.

If we go somewhere for a couple of days I just slice it all up and freeze it in tight plastic bag.

I had heard that it will last longer left out of the fridge than in it. The best way to make it last was to freeze it.

Any truth in this?

Nope,

Mold is the problem, the warmer and wetter the atmosphere, the quicker it grows mold.

Thailand has the perfect climate for mold.

In the fridge it is too cool and dry (in a plastic bad).

So 3 days outside Vs 10 days in the fridge.

I doubt the sugar....maybe just for the yeast. And salt is no problem. Gluten is no problem.

Just the white flour.....So either eat in moderation and not every day or do lots of sport. The taste is definitely worth to go 50 km with the bicycle first licklips.gif

I am sure white rice is worse and tastes nothing.

Maybe the other chemicals they add that are bad for you, these are in most commercially produced bread.

(Chorleywood bread process CBP)

Preservatives - assorted

hydrogenated fat

l-absorbic acid

bleach

l-cysteine hydrochloride

soya flour

emulsifiers - assorted

enzymes - assorted

Since WW2 even the wheats and yeasts have been drastically altered by both selection, processing and genetic modification.

None of these changes were for the benefit of the consumer.

Edited by MaeJoMTB