90 Day Reporting Online - just did it

bluweyze

As of now I am under the impression that it is very important when you send it in. Between 8 days and 15 days before it is due. Just a 7 day window.

Just a minor correction, it's a 7-15 days window. From the online queue front page.

post-566-0-37195100-1437128550_thumb.jpg

//Edit - just to clarify as there is some cross information above. The 7-15 day window is for online reporting. Immigration states 15 days before for mail in though several reports of doing it within a few days before successfully.

//edit 2 - My last 3 were sent in by EMS in the afternoon and received and signed the next day in the afternoon by immigration.

• Like 1

//Edit - just to clarify as there is some cross information above. The 7-15 day window is for online reporting. Immigration states 15 days before for mail in though several reports of doing it within a few days before successfully.

//edit 2 - My last 3 were sent in by EMS in the afternoon and received and signed the next day in the afternoon by immigration.

Yes although the online is very tempting for an even easier than mail option...I just stick with mail for now.

I live 1 minute from post office & like seeing that confirmation they got it via online tracking.

Not to mention the whole deal with return post etc is like 36 baht...Hard to beat for me & my peace of mind.

Back in April, my on-line 90 day report was accepted within 5 days.

This month, made the application on 2 July, got a pending notice and it still remains pending. Maybe it's because I made the application during the 90 day web site update. So it's a trip to Immigration and I'll find out in October...

Pretty easy to mail it.

Too late to mail it, obviously.

Pretty easy to go there...

Not trying to be confrontational but you didn't post your "due date" so it's not obvious to everyone else that it's too late to mail it.

Since we experienced similar situations, I'll finish the story on mine in the interest of sharing information with the forum.

My due date was 15 July so I applied online on 1 July....went into pending status and stayed there. Cancelled the online application on 8 July and mailed in my 90 day report same day. Immigration received it and processed it on 9 July, mailed it back to me on 10 July. My next report is due 6 October.

Just now got back to this thread..

The earliest day you can apply on-line is 15 day before your due date.

The latest day you can apply by post is 15 days before your due date.

QED.. it must be too late for me to apply by post.

Notification by registered mail
  1. Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

If you apply by mail 15 days before due date you lose too many days of your next 90. I send mine in 7 days ahead of due date every time and get it back 3/4 days later meaning i lose a lot less days in a year.

Your new date runs from the date they process your request..NOT from the expiry date on your old slip.

Edited by trainman34014
  • Like 1

If you apply by mail 15 days before due date you lose too many days of your next 90. I send mine in 7 days ahead of due date every time and get it back 3/4 days later meaning i lose a lot less days in a year.

Your new date runs from the date they process your request..NOT from the expiry date on your old slip.

Your new date should run from the date of expiration of your old one but unfortunately many Immigration offices don't follow their own guidance notes. Amnat always date it from the date of expiry regardless of the date you sent it.

1. Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

With the online your next 90 day report is from the date of approval, so you lose days again.

Pretty easy to mail it.

Too late to mail it, obviously.

Pretty easy to go there...

Not trying to be confrontational but you didn't post your "due date" so it's not obvious to everyone else that it's too late to mail it.

Since we experienced similar situations, I'll finish the story on mine in the interest of sharing information with the forum.

My due date was 15 July so I applied online on 1 July....went into pending status and stayed there. Cancelled the online application on 8 July and mailed in my 90 day report same day. Immigration received it and processed it on 9 July, mailed it back to me on 10 July. My next report is due 6 October.

Just now got back to this thread..

The earliest day you can apply on-line is 15 day before your due date.

The latest day you can apply by post is 15 days before your due date.

QED.. it must be too late for me to apply by post.

1. Notice :

yes, that is the Catch-22, so by the time yo fail online, it is technically too late to Post it, but others say differently, and it looks like some are addressing the losing 15 days problem. I sure as heck wouldn't wait a month to inquire about lost post or failed return...I would make sure I got there, in person before the due date. Yeah, we lost it, but you must pay 2000 thb, and you could be paying 5000 thb, so I am helping you....possible scenario....

Self edit. Getting OT re: mailing in the reports....suffice to say that you can try to report online and still have time to mail it in if the online application isn't approved.

Edited by TheAppletons

Quote: Notification by registered mail Notice :

1. - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

With the online your next 90 day report is from the date of approval, so you lose days again.

Unquote

My speculation:

I'm willing to bet that because they have many applications to process that just will not be bothered to change the date on their rubber stamps.

My speculation:

I'm willing to bet that because they have many applications to process that just will not be bothered to change the date on their rubber stamps.

The receipt when doing mail in is computer generated so no rubber stamps involved. But still they use the date of processing rather than what Bangkok immigration website says from date of expiry.

• Like 2

If you are doing your 90 days online from now on, what's the big deal if you lose a few days?

You would complain if they hung you with a brand new rope, wouldn't you? cool.png hhok.

some people aren't smart enough to complain about being hung in the first place.

If you are doing it by mail you can loose up to I believe it is 34 baht a year. Or some other ridicules low cost.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried it again online, 3rd time. Not working. What did they (not) do in 9 months to fix this horrible piece of software?!

Haha, remember you are not dealing with a meritocracy... the top clowns bought their spots... Compare to the efficiancy at TRUE registering my sim card, took about 1 minute. Why don't they hire someone from the private sector to revamp the entire Imm. dept.? retorical question.

• Like 1

If you are doing your 90 days online from now on, what's the big deal if you lose a few days?

You would complain if they hung you with a brand new rope, wouldn't you? cool.png hhok.

Or by mail. Either way you do not loose anything except you might have to do an extra 90 day report depending on the length of you visa.

The dates on your visa do not change with filing 90 day reports a few days early.

I just did a 90 report at the Promanada office. The bigest problem I had all day was fending off expats who just wanted to complain. One person even told me I did not have a retirement visa. What was his proof? Oh it didn't look like his. His was a stamp. Ok..you got yours here in the country and I got mine in USA. Mine is an affixed piece of paper. Sheesh. Then when a lady at a desk answered a cell phone first reponse was "look she's on a personal call".

I feel lucky they let me retire here. Try to get a retirement visa to live in a European country and see how far you get. Spain maybe. Hungry probably. France Germany UK... no retirement visa that I could find.

Edited by jmd8800
  • Like 2

My first 90 day report last week. I did the paperwork, sent by EMS mail to address in CM. Waited a week and got the return paperwork from govt. All good, 40 baht, no trouble. Folks who stand in line for hours and complain to the clerks for this stamp seem a bit unhinged.

• Like 1

Post #258:

I just did a 90 report at the Promanada office. The bigest problem I had all day was fending off expats who just wanted to complain. One person even told me I did not have a retirement visa. What was his proof? Oh it didn't look like his. His was a stamp. Ok..you got yours here in the country and I got mine in USA. Mine is an affixed piece of paper. Sheesh. Then when a lady at a desk answered a cell phone first reponse was "look she's on a personal call".

Sheeeh, indeed! The guy is right. Lighten up, dudes!

By the way, as an observation over the years of dealing with her, the very experienced woman officer referred to must have the proverbial patience of Job plus an astonishing (although not readily revealed) sense of humor. It is rather fun to encourage her to smile. Would you ever smile working all day in Immigration? I think not!

• 1 month later...

I don't still have details of my flight number even though it was only October. If I make an educated guess ( I think airlines use the same number for daily flights,although mine was indirect with jet airways via Delhi) and I was wrong would immigration have a record of the actual number and get rejected? Or any way of retrieving the information from immigration?

This is a question for anyone who knows for sure, but do you really need to know that Flight number and Airline that you entered Thailand on?

I took a vacation to the US 8 years ago. I don't have a clue as to which airline I came in on let alone the flight number. All I know is the flight originated SEATAC airport in Seattle, one stopover in Taipei, Taiwan, then on to Suvarnabhumi. They really ask for this info?

DLP, on 12 Apr 2015 - 12:01, said:
nchuckle, on 09 Apr 2015 - 10:04, said:

I don't still have details of my flight number even though it was only October. If I make an educated guess ( I think airlines use the same number for daily flights,although mine was indirect with jet airways via Delhi) and I was wrong would immigration have a record of the actual number and get rejected? Or any way of retrieving the information from immigration?

I do not know my flight details, just left it blank & i am through to the pending stage.

Your flight arrival number should be written above your entry stamp.

Because the Immigration take your arrivals card, leaving you with the departure card, they hand write the arrival number above the entry stamp

Hallelujah and thank you!!! Although the flight number is scrawled unintelligibly except for the number 67. I Googles for flights from SEA to BKK that layover in Taipei + 'Flight 67" and came up with EVA Air BR67. That's gotta be it. I'll have to save that info, like now!

Thanks Faz!!! Great info.

I'm no more wiser about how to use this on-line reporting now than before I went to the Immigration office as instructed when I couldn't get past the first page.

Believe I remember you getting a new passport recently. If you look at the last 90 day printed out receipt there is a bar code. Under it is the nationality and passport number. Do they match up with your current number? I will be trying the online on the 27th, 15 days before expiration, and see what happens.

Well maybe I'll get lucky trying the 90 day online after all. I got a new passport prior to my April extension visit. When I came back in May to get my (marriage) extension stamp, I did my 90 day report at the same time. I just checked the barcode on the 90 day report and it matches my new passport.

Productive day today. I know the 90 day barcode matches my passport number, and I've found my Flight number from 8 years ago. Well, I'll cross my fingers, light some candles and burn some incense in the 'Buddha Room', and give it a shot. If it works, cool. If not, I'll mail it in. This make me mildly optimistic. smile.png

Just tried the online at 15 days before expiration, counting the end date to be safe. No luck and get the check with your immigration office message. I quadruple checked every detail based on my passport, previous 90 day reports and receipts, and it is correct. The only thing I found is regarding my arrival date. I entered in 1993, left to get a double entry non-immigrant visa and arrived back in Thailand in 1994. But their pull down calendar for selecting the entry date only goes back to 2005. So back to mail in for me.

Slightly off topic, but I'm just curious. My 8 year old Departure Card is pretty threadbare. You've been here since 1993. How do you keep your Departure Card in once piece?

Tried to do my 90 days check online a few minute ago. First step with personal information worked. After writing the patchacode, just come back to the same place again, and not to step 2. Am I doing something wrong here ? As far as I can see I followed the form exactly. Any ideas please ?

Sonny

Sounds like you didn't complete one of the sections marked with an asterix *

Look at the top of the page and in red it will tell you didn't complete all the relevant section.

Happened to me first time I did it. I forgot to check the MR box.

What is the "MR" box and why does it need to be checked?

Submitted my report this morning just after six, and it was approved around five thirty this afternoon. Saved me a trip to the post office.

Thanks for the update. I assume that meant you got as far as able to print the receipt for the next 90 day?

Also, what was your last entry date stamped in your passport. The reason I ask is due to the below response to ubonjoe in this topic. This may be why some of us can not get past the first page.

"In your case, the system cannot detect your last entry to Thailand in 2008. So ashamed to tell you that our information system change every few years. Only those entry to Thailand around 2013 - 2015 (now) can do or else you just have to come to our office as before.

If you really wanna do 90 days report via internet you have to make a re-entry permit, go to some country and come back in again. After the system has your entry data, you may proceed."

Well darn. Seeing that is the time frame that I entered the country, I'm back to being not so optimistic. Not a pessimist, just a realist.

Tried to do my 90 days check online a few minute ago. First step with personal information worked. After writing the patchacode, just come back to the same place again, and not to step 2. Am I doing something wrong here ? As far as I can see I followed the form exactly. Any ideas please ?

Sonny

Sounds like you didn't complete one of the sections marked with an asterix *

Look at the top of the page and in red it will tell you didn't complete all the relevant section.

Happened to me first time I did it. I forgot to check the MR box.

What is the "MR" box and why does it need to be checked?

As in MR Billy Jones, or MRS Billy Jones.

I just renewed my retirement extension and multiple entry permit with an agent. While at their office, picking up my passport, I was told the online 90 reporting, which I had been able to use for my last report, has now been discontinued. Has anyone been able to report online lately?