City issues encroachment warnings to South Pattaya retailers

Rimmer

City issues encroachment warnings to South Pattaya retailers

n6invasion.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya municipal officers swept through South Road, targeting business owners encroaching on public sidewalks and streets.

Pol. Maj. Jeerawat Sukhonthazup, head of the Municipal Police, led the team of city officials on the inspection of South Road, starting from Sukhumvit Road, April 24.

Authorities found numerous vendors placing signs and product displays on sidewalk and blocking off parking spots in front of their shops.

Retailers were given warnings, but were told that if they’re found encroaching on public land again they will be fined 10,000 baht.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/city-issues-encroachment-warnings-to-south-pattaya-retailers-46882#sthash.qzran48Y.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-05-08 footer_n.gif

Parking is of course one issue, but parked vehicles, be them motorcycles or cars are really part of the problem..

Enforce parking restrictions.

During this period of major construction and diversions, restrict parking on the main routes. For example on North Rd, traffic would move much better if 3 lanes were available along its full length......

Parked coaches, sometimes double parked, major cause of traffic congestion

Clear pavements/sidewalks......... return the promenade to the tourists on foot.

I think some of you are missing the point here. Whilst it may be because the signs are blocking businesses and parking it should really be about the fact that pedestrians may have to step into the road to go around the signs which is, to say the least, extremely dangerous here in Pattaya.

Perhaps they could suggest that they be above a certain height so that business and pedestrians can continue beneath them?

I personally don't like them as they are a blot on the landscape and an unfortunate distraction but like the advertising trucks, travelling slow and making loud announcements, it is allowed because there is no legislation in place, or if it is, it is not being enforced.

This whole city is one giant encroachments situation. everywhere you look there business and people

protruding for their boundaries in one way or another, and it has been so for many, many years,

why? because they can, the penalties a joke and they know someone who knows some high up

to make all troubles go away,, not to mention the various mafias groups controlling Pattaya...

As I said in an earlier post regarding a Naklua crackdown, keep going! keep going! On to North Pattaya! On to Central Pattaya! On to Pratamnak! On to Jomtien! Then, back again to Naklua and start all over again! Pretend you're playing Whack-a-Mole!

let us not forget about the various phone booths, power poles, raised access squares of cement, various anchor rods serving no purpose other than to trip the unwary..... list could go on and on...

don't stop there take care of beach road, nowhere to park because motorbike rentals take up all the spaces, and vendors block spaces.

agree much much

lets have 4 hour parking

these businesses can easily park their motorbikes elsewhere and can have drivers supply the rentals to customers in minutes

not taking up hundreds of parking spaces

I have red / white lines in front of my business.

I have signs asking not to park blocking the business , in the same red / white zone, yet in over 10 years not a single car was clamped or towed or fined.

Officials just love to make noise and waste time .

May be and I do say may be some will remove or move signs or stalls for a week or so and then back to normal .

Few parking spots on 2nd Road yet many taken by motor bikes for rent & near Soi 6 an Indian restaurant & a Chinese restaurant have both commandeered two spaces. Both are on my never-go-there list.

Few parking spots on 2nd Road yet many taken by motor bikes for rent & near Soi 6 an Indian restaurant & a Chinese restaurant have both commandeered two spaces. Both are on my never-go-there list.

It get worse as you move out of the congested areas.

Car repair shops often lay claim to the pavement and 2 lanes of the highway in the execution of their business, and many a restaurant will lay claim to similar with chairs and tables in front of their shop front. Because nobody stops them.......but beware, your paintwork may suffer if you presume free parking in many places.

I think some of you are missing the point here. Whilst it may be because the signs are blocking businesses and parking it should really be about the fact that pedestrians may have to step into the road to go around the signs which is, to say the least, extremely dangerous here in Pattaya.

Perhaps they could suggest that they be above a certain height so that business and pedestrians can continue beneath them?

I personally don't like them as they are a blot on the landscape and an unfortunate distraction but like the advertising trucks, travelling slow and making loud announcements, it is allowed because there is no legislation in place, or if it is, it is not being enforced.

The lowest point of signs to be at least 2 metres above the pavement. Farangs are a little taller than the average Thai