Paramilitary boss guns down two subordinates

Paramilitary boss guns down two subordinates
THE SUNDAY NATION

PATTANI: -- Two paramilitary subordinates were killed when their supervisor, a Master Sergeant First Class, opened fire at them with an M16 rifle allegedly following a heated argument over suspicion of theft of grocery items in Pattani's Yaring district on Friday night, police said yesterday.

Following a report of double murders at a military outpost, police found the bodies of paramilitary volunteer Krissada Chaikhiew, 25, and Sergeant Samart Tong-ob, 28 and took into custody the alleged shooter, Master Sergeant First Class Somkuan Phumsomdee, 57.

Police investigators found that Somkuan had opened a grocery near the outpost and had heated arguments with the two victims because he suspected they had stolen some of his goods.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Paramilitary-boss-guns-down-two-subordinates-30259725.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-10

two post hidden due to libel / defamation

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.
Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to
suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is
published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any
means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading
picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in
Thailand.

How do you be come a "Master Sergeant First Class" when you're that stupid.....it's OK, I've figured it out!

Time in service is the most common cause for promotions.

How do you be come a "Master Sergeant First Class" when you're that stupid.....it's OK, I've figured it out!

Time in service is the most common cause for promotions.

Not in Thailand.....cash in envelope is the most common cause for promotions.

There's more in this story than you think.

Two paramilitary subordinates were killed - No, one was a military soldier. The volunteer civilian is paramilitary.

The shooter Somkuan had opened a grocery near the [army] outpost. He's got military connections.

Somkian killed his subordinates offpost. Does he require subordinates shop in his store?

Unless Somkian confesses to the murders, conviction is unlikely.

Groceries = tea money? Hoping soon to be promoted to officer ranks? whistling.gif

My condolences to the families of the two men murdered.

Edited by lvr181

Sorry, I am American ...so ... Double homicide by a person in uniform... ???

That is called "Friday Night ... any major city."

You people act like this is the only place in the world where bad things happen.

just how thick are those rose colored glasses you wear when you read the news from home?

You people act like this is the only place in the world where bad things happen.

just how thick are those rose colored glasses you wear when you read the news from home?

A lot of aren't American so violence like this occurs infrequently in our home countries.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A lot of aren't American so violence like this occurs infrequently in our home countries.

I agree with the second post. We, many of us aren't from the United States, we came from civilized countries where this doesn't happen & we don't have so much corruption. Many of us make posts here in hope that things might change in this beautiful country. It is upsetting when you move to a different country & you read everyday of someone being murdered for such trivial reasons as stated in the article. Maybe when the Thai government improves the police force & court system people will see that justice served on those committing crimes of any type & not take the law into there own hands as they did in (as quoted many times) THE WILD WEST. I would be ashamed to think these were good old days for the supposed leading nation of the world.

With a temper like that I expect Master Sergeant First Class Somkuan Phumsomdee is fun at home.

If that's what he does to people on his side, I'd hate to think of what he does to suspected insurgents.

Lock him up for a long time.

The post is not worth commenting on, life here is so cheap no doubt he will be out on bail for the next ten years then finally get a suspended sentence.

Ref all theTVF member comments read them a hundred times before.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I agree with the second post. We, many of us aren't from the United States, we came from civilized countries where this doesn't happen & we don't have so much corruption. Many of us make posts here in hope that things might change in this beautiful country. It is upsetting when you move to a different country & you read everyday of someone being murdered for such trivial reasons as stated in the article. Maybe when the Thai government improves the police force & court system people will see that justice served on those committing crimes of any type & not take the law into there own hands as they did in (as quoted many times) THE WILD WEST. I would be ashamed to think these were good old days for the supposed leading nation of the world.

What you jerks forever fail to recognize when slagging off the USA, is that it is bigger than all your piddling little countries in Europe combined, add up all the crime in Europe and then compare that that to the U.S.

Moreover if we were not so good with guns you would all be speaking German now, get a life.

This is what happens when you are forced from birth to smile and say mail pan rai and hold all of your feelings inside

I think you are on to something here....

There seems to be so much repressed anger in people so when a small argument or disagreement ensues, people completely overreact with deadly consequences...

Huge cultural/social problem here...

Never will forget the German guy who gave the finger to a pick up driver and at the next signal the guy shoots him dead. And then there is the CMU dental student who shoots up the bar b/c of hosetss rejection...

The excuse of loss of face is unjustified.. I wish Thais were taught to think about their actions and their consequences.....driven only by emotion which is so dangerous...

CB

Edited by cardinalblue