AMAZING STEAKS, SAUSAGES, BACON & MORE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THAILAND.

PassionDelivery

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was seriously considering setting up something similar - glad to see I don't have to bother biggrin.png you'll be getting some orders from me, though I wish you had Branston Pickle, more cheeses, and decent pickled onions.

Bearing in mind any western food shop takes me at least half a day and a 200k round trip, and what I get is pretty random, paying a premium for quality, known items and 500 baht extra for delivery is perfectly fine and palatable.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Good luck with the business..

You will always get people moaning about prices but nobody is holding a gun to their head.

Personally I think it is very convenient and a great idea but many upcountry would prefer to make a 2 hour round trip to a local stockist, just to save 100 baht

I think I will be ordering soon but look forward to an expanded selection, maybe you can take suggestions on your website and get visitors to vote in a "hot or not" kind of way..

You don't take credit cards?

Hi. We are working on getting a credit card payment option up and running soon.

In the meantime you can pay by PayPal no problem. After you place your order we will confirm the total amount and then send you a PayPal request by email.

I'm a stupid old man, don't have PayPal.

We will try to get the credit card option up as soon as possible. It is very simple to use PayPal though. Once we send you a PayPal request by email all you do is click on the link and set up a PayPal account (takes about 2 mins) then enter your credit card details like a normal transaction and that is it.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. It would be a shame to miss out on some very nice food!

Reward points is not clear on this issue it does not tell you for say you have earned 20000 reward points how much does that give you if I used it in thai bhat????? rolleyes.gif

50,000 Passion Points will give you a 100 baht discount from your order.

You can earn Passion Points in several ways such as when you sign up for a PassionDelivery account, when you make an order (5 points for every 1 baht spent), or when you refer friends by email, FB etc and they make an order.

Get more info here http://www.passiondelivery.com/pages/passion-reward-points.

Good luck with the business..

You will always get people moaning about prices but nobody is holding a gun to their head.

Personally I think it is very convenient and a great idea but many upcountry would prefer to make a 2 hour round trip to a local stockist, just to save 100 baht

I think I will be ordering soon but look forward to an expanded selection, maybe you can take suggestions on your website and get visitors to vote in a "hot or not" kind of way..

Thanks a lot.

Stayed tuned as in the next 2 weeks you will see a great deal of new products coming online. Our seafood section will be fantastic, as will our meat section..... we will also be offering a nice range of cheese though not sure yet when that will be online.

Good idea to ask people what they would like to see added to our website, we can hopefully implement that in the near future.

I may have missed something if it has gone before...... but, I will never use PAYPAL again.

Can we not use the good old Thai system of making a direct payment to the OP's Thai bank account ?

We accept bank transfer or PayPal.

For our bank transfer details you can find more information here http://www.passiondelivery.com/pages/delivery

Reward points is not clear on this issue it does not tell you for say you have earned 20000 reward points how much does that give you if I used it in thai bhat????? rolleyes.gif

50,000 Passion Points will give you a 100 baht discount from your order.

You can earn Passion Points in several ways such as when you sign up for a PassionDelivery account, when you make an order (5 points for every 1 baht spent), or when you refer friends by email, FB etc and they make an order.

Get more info here http://www.passiondelivery.com/pages/passion-reward-points.

So spend 10 000, get a 100 baht discount when you order again.

Put that in dollar terms: Spend $100, get $1 off your next purchase.

It's better than nothing, I suppose.

IMHO I think this is great and other services like it....

I have literally just got home from a visit to the UK...Don't talk about expensive please!

OK, if you eat western food day in, day out, every meal....Just go home, you'll save money, but I feel if like me your, eating 3 or 4 Western meals a week and living in the back end of nowhere it's a good thing.

So yer, good luck to this enterprise, I'll have a look and maybe place an order......

Edited by Tonto21

I have literally just got home from a visit to the UK...Don't talk about expensive please!

OK, if you eat western food day in, day out, every meal....Just go home, you'll save money, but I feel if like me your, eating 3 or 4 Western meals a week and living in the back end of nowhere it's a good thing.

So yer, good luck to this enterprise, I'll have a look and maybe place an order......

I wish I could give you more than 1 like thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Being "common" does not make it right nor allowed under the Paypal user agreement. If reported a Paypal customer can have the money refunded and the Merchant can have their account locked/suspended.

3.4 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Obviously Paypal doesn't care as it is common and the companies do it since many years. What is a user agreement worth if it is not enforced?

What is ANY law etc if it isnt enforced. As for them "not caring", well yes they probably employ lawyers and right these agreements purely for something to do.....cheesy.gif

Not quite so dismissive if your business account gets locked for 6 months including access to funds therin for breach of policy though eh.

11.7 Acceptable Use Policy Violations. If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then in addition to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages for each violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You agree that $2,500.00 USD (or equivalent) per transaction in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in the offending Account, or any other Account you control.

It is not a law......

They don't care (much) because they don't want to lock the Paypal accounts from people who make them rich. And if they are stealing 2500 USD from accounts soon there won't be any shop that offers Paypal anymore.

I can import bacon from Norway. 1st class much cheaper. Very expensive everything on this menu, but if you are hi-class, maybe its ok. I will stay with the excellent Thai chicken and pork. I can buy Norwegian Salmon and Mackerel in Makro. Mackerel 89 thb a kilo. Fresh Salmon 280 bath per kilo.

No body asked you to buy anything and everyone on here knows where to buy local produce.

Rather than spout off about the price,why not congratulate the people running this operation and wish them luck for the future.

I take my hat off to anyone attempting to operate any sort or business venture here especially one which has the odds stacked firmly against it due over taxation of goods that most natives wouldn't give a second glance to.

A fantastic opportunity for people in remoter parts of the nation to indulge in a little bit of the taste of home.

There are a couple of guys in Buriram who have been offering this kind of service successfully for quite a few years now. I believe they deliver to many places around Thailand. Good luck to the OP but it is hardly a new thing
I really do think you are missing the point. This isn't about sausages and bacon from the Buriram Pie man or Yorkies in Pattaya.

Firstly they offer a whole lot more than pies and sausage and secondly the give away is in the name, Passion to me and the OP may disagree, this isn't a day to day food delivery service, this is for people who are passionate about quality food.

Yes passion means People who are passionate about quality food cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

More posts commenting on a sponsor who has paid to promote his product. To make it clear here are the effective rules: Further comments will be removed and/or warnings given. Some members have been here long enough to know how this works.

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

21) No user names or avatars that are commercial in nature are allowed for members other than sponsors. If you want to become an advertiser on ThaiVisa and enjoy the benefits of having a business name and the ability to post

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

I can import bacon from Norway. 1st class much cheaper. Very expensive everything on this menu, but if you are hi-class, maybe its ok. I will stay with the excellent Thai chicken and pork. I can buy Norwegian Salmon and Mackerel in Makro. Mackerel 89 thb a kilo. Fresh Salmon 280 bath per kilo.

No body asked you to buy anything and everyone on here knows where to buy local produce.

Rather than spout off about the price,why not congratulate the people running this operation and wish them luck for the future.

I take my hat off to anyone attempting to operate any sort or business venture here especially one which has the odds stacked firmly against it due over taxation of goods that most natives wouldn't give a second glance to.

A fantastic opportunity for people in remoter parts of the nation to indulge in a little bit of the taste of home.

There are a couple of guys in Buriram who have been offering this kind of service successfully for quite a few years now. I believe they deliver to many places around Thailand. Good luck to the OP but it is hardly a new thing
I really do think you are missing the point. This isn't about sausages and bacon from the Buriram Pie man or Yorkies in Pattaya.

Firstly they offer a whole lot more than pies and sausage and secondly the give away is in the name, Passion to me and the OP may disagree, this isn't a day to day food delivery service, this is for people who are passionate about quality food.

And more money than sense.

Or are in a situation where the time is more valuable.

Given a farang food shop takes me half a day minimum and half a tank of gas, it's a net gain to pay a thousand or two in delivery and markup for someone that has everything I want to deliver them instead, can order everything I'd generally want with 20 minutes time investment and on a single website.

Not about 'more money than sense' - it's a calculated decision that weighs up other factors than money. Sensible for exactly the same reason I used to get weekly groceries delivered in London. 10 mins and an extra tenner vs 2 or 3 hours time investment on top of a 60 - 70 hour working week.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Given a farang food shop takes me half a day minimum and half a tank of gas, it's a net gain to pay a thousand or two in delivery and markup for someone that has everything I want to deliver them instead, can order everything I'd generally want with 20 minutes time investment and on a single website.

Not about 'more money than sense' - it's a calculated decision that weighs up other factors than money. Sensible for exactly the same reason I used to get weekly groceries delivered in London. 10 mins and an extra tenner vs 2 or 3 hours time investment on top of a 60 - 70 hour working week.

Which ever way you look at it, £3 for a pork pie + delivery takes some justifying, as I said I would need to have more money than sense to indulge in such 'luxeries'

Not intelligent enough to grasp that some people are able and willing to pay for quality, it seems.

As I said before, I can buy these products where I live, so I have no need to order them online. If I lived in a more remote location, though, I probably would.

Not intelligent enough to grasp that some people are able and willing to pay for quality, it seems.

As I said before, I can buy these products where I live, so I have no need to order them online. If I lived in a more remote location, though, I probably would.

People are ready to spend a fortune on the mobile phone, car or watch but they are ready to fill complete junk into their body and often harm their health.

It doesn't seam logic....better eat some good meat without antibiotics and use a 2 year old mobile phone.

People are ready to spend a fortune on the mobile phone, car or watch but they are ready to fill complete junk into their body and often harm their health.

It doesn't seam logic....better eat some good meat without antibiotics and use a 2 year old mobile phone.

Pork pies, sausages and red meat. Oh yes, very healthy.

Edited by giddyup

Time will tell as to how many.

Pork pies, sausages and red meat. Oh yes, very healthy.

OK it is fat, but else why not? Red meat is great protein for people who are exercising a bit. Sure 10 times better than McDonalds or supermarket sausage.

Sometimes money/price isnt the first or only consideration, convenience and availabilty often takes preference when living in a foriegn country.

Unfortunate for some that money has to be the 1st priority, each to their own.

Thanks for your nice comments.

Our PassionBox service is designed for customers who appreciate good quality food and drink and many of our items are hard to find even in Bangkok (such as good quality beef or freshly made and good crumpets).

You are absolutely correct that for people who live further away where there may not even be a Villa supermarket nearby, they have been delighted with having this option made available to them.

Which ever way you look at it, £3 for a pork pie + delivery takes some justifying, as I said I would need to have more money than sense to indulge in such 'luxeries'

A lot depends on how much you want that pork pie and where you live in relation to a western food store. It is only a luxury if it hard to get. Would I buy the said pork pie. No. The ones that I eat are great as I make my own and I know what is in there.

Even if you are only 10 km away how much does it cost for you to get there, park, buy what you want and get home again?

I also depends on the quality of the said pork pie. One reason for that is that is because I live about half way between BKK and CM in rural Thailand and I suppose the nearest western food place to me would be Phitsanulok though there are BigC, Lotus Teso and Makro much closer they don't sell anything like Passion foods do.