Air India set to launch world’s longest flight

Lite Beer

Someone asked further down where you can buy compression stockings for long airplane rides. They are available at Bumrungrad Hospital, Bangkok.

I bought mine through Amazon.com after a Dr. told me exactly which ones to buy. I tried a number of pharmacy's in Bangkok but they had a very poor selection of sizes. Bumrungrad Hospital is a good suggestion.

I've been traveling BKK-DXB-GIG for about 4 years now and I actually prefer the longer flights over ones that stop because I don't want to deal with getting on and off the flight.. this is just me.

DXB-GIG is about 14 hours.

Kurt

With the attention I have observed on Air India flights to keeping to;ets tidy, service up to mstandard on 10 hour flights, I think I will pass on this oppurnity to be part of a history making event.

The experience I have had with Air India is right down there with Indian airlines, Gurada, etc Ok Air India does not allow carry on goats, chickens, etc.which may give them a slight edge to the other 2 mamtioned

Are you saying one cannot fire up ones stove and cook a curry in economy class ? Jeeeez do they still allow cardboard suitcases . Travel is becoming such a drag.

They should rename it the K visa route. The ongoing replacement of Silicon Valley computer engineers by cheap Indian labor has been a major loss of good jobs for Americans. Trump completely misses the point when he focuses on the criminal element of Mexican immigrants. Indians immigrants, who lack respect for women, are streaming legally into the country and stealing skilled jobs, not $10 an hour manual labor jobs.

First of all there aren't enough skilled IT people in the US to support the needs of the IT companies.

Most IT giants like Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Cisco have R&D centers in countries like India, Ireland, China and Israel. Might as well bring the foreigners to you, rather than hire them in their home country.

Secondly, those Indians or any other foreigners working in the silicon valley are paying taxes in the US, renting houses, buying groceries, eating in restaurants and hiring maids.

I travelled on JFK-BKK with Thai (about 17 hours) and EWR - SIN with SQ (about 18 hours) several times in business class. I would not do these extra long flights in economy class, it was even not so good in business, including SQ's 1-2-1 all business class seating. Both airlines discontinued these non stop services as the cost of lifting the fuel for the A340-500s was too high. I agree its better to stop enroute eg JFK-FRA-SIN which SQ now do with an A380.

Having seen a few incidents of long haul cabin rage even in business I hate to think what it will be like in economy after 16 or so hours with 2 hours still to go.