Ford Ranger or Toyota Revo

Toyota pickups had a great run with unbelievable owner loyalty. That loyalty created a lemming following. It appears that the lemmings are now willing to look at other makes and to Toyota's horror are buying other makes. Is this the end of the dynasty?

• Like 1

I think Toyota were going for form over function and got it wrong, Ford knocked it out of the park with the Ranger, likewise with The Everest.

The first iteration of the Toyota Fortuner was incredibly successful in Thailand, Ford Everest has a very similar form to the 2005 Toyota Fortuner but has knocked it out of the park with interior design and quality.

In my opinion, Toyota got it wrong in the deign department, the Toyota Vigo and Toyota Fortuner looked like they meant business, the new Fortuner and the Revo fail in that department, get into the interior and that same story continues.

I was amazed at the seeming lack of innovation by Toyota, (Fortuner still has the same fold up rear seating as the 2005 model), and very disappointed in the overall package that was presented, were Toyota being complacent, probably, will they still outsell every competitor, again probably.

I was in the market for a new SUV, and after over 10 trouble free years of Fortuner ownership was looking forward to a new Toyota truck, but I'll be passing on this generation and will keep on going with my old Fortuner.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/6/2016 at 10:21 AM, Uncle Pecker said:

Have a look at this. I've owned two Ford Ranger Wildtraks 3.2.  a 2014 and currently a 2016 model.  I used to have a Vigo.  Once I went Ford, I never looked back.

Glad I ain't a passenger in your ride...:w00t:

There is a video ... saw it somewhere recently ... of a pickup turning left at a road junction and rolling over and back onto its wheels. If anyone comes across the video they will probably find that its a Hilux :smile:

My high rise Vigo is in it's tenth year, as yet I have never had a sniff at a roll over.

A large % of farangs in LOS have bought the 4x4 or Prerunner Vigo since it was introduced, so lets hear your near roll over experience or thought....:smile:

PS. I did read somewhere that the Ford F-150 (I think) was way more prone to roll..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

My high rise Vigo is in it's tenth year, as yet I have never had a sniff at a roll over.

A large % of farangs in LOS have bought the 4x4 or Prerunner Vigo since it was introduced, so lets hear your near roll over experience or thought....:smile:

PS. I did read somewhere that the Ford F-150 (I think) was way more prone to roll..

Yeah silly thread really leading to owners of other vehicles picking on a truck in a test being prone to roll overs, it's an easy fix if owners are bothered about it.

You can put a car up on 2 wheels if you want to, scary though unless your use to it.

Ford truck. :biggrin:

download (1).jpg 

Can't wait to test drive the Juke.  :w00t:

Nissan-Juke-2-wheels.jpg

• 1 year later...

I bought a Revo Prerunner E in May 2018.......having sold our third Toyota truck in the over 20 years we've been here.  The truck we sold was a standard, 2 door Vigo 3.0G.......we were always satisfied with it.......but after 10 years, it was time for an upgrade.

We've very happy with the Revo (like most new car buyers, I suppose).  The tech is great.....eco and power mode, bluetooth, great sound, improved styling.  I'm a conservative driver.....use eco mode almost exclusively......50/50 mix of highway and city driving.  With over 2000km on the clock now, gas mileage is averaging out to just over 38mpg......16.3kpl....a marked increase from the 32+mpg I was getting on the older truck.  Happy camper all around.

• Like 1