Harbor Mall. Now that it's open...

NanLaew

What did you google? I was trying to find the rental rates for the office space upstairs of the mall. Is that just the general contact information for the mall itself?

"Harbor Mall Pattaya" ?

Their web page comes up as the first or second listing. I presume it's the mall's general office number, and if they don't have the info you need I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really disapointed ,not one poster has said it will collapse in ruins , it was so much better when central opened , we were all on tenterhooks awaiting the carnage .

As far as I've looked ( 3rd floor ) there are no visible faults on the car parking pillars of Harbor Mall in fact they seem to have incorporated a reinforcement pad around the columns in the parking area...also the building doesn't seem to judder and shake like Central still does I especially notice that on the 4th floor where the Auntie Anne's pretzel shop is located....could be resonant vibration like the wobbly bridge in London

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Bridge,_London

Central judders and shakes? I've never noticed - maybe I spend too much time there and I'm used to it. Next time I'm there I'll have some pretzels and reevaluate.biggrin.png

Edited by tropo

Any one who has been to the mall and walked around for 5 minutes will realize

there is no room for a ice skating rink...Unless they some how manage to

slap together some half ass mini ice skating rink for kids mostly...

Folks THERE WILL BE NO PROPER ICE SKATING RINK...

The Wonderland on the 7th floor is enormous. I didn't go beyond the cashier booths but I can envision a large ice skating rink but obviously not large enough to host a NHL game. You must have paid and did a quick walk through on your brief visit.

Central judders and shakes? I've never noticed - maybe I spend too much time there and I'm used to it. Next time I'm there I'll have some pretzels and reevaluate.biggrin.png

While they where still building the Hilton Hotel on top of the Mall I often felt quite strong judders on the 4th and 5th floors where there is a bridge across the open central space/span of the building...I thought that it was to do with the ongoing construction but now the construction work has finished I'm really not sure at all what causes this

phenomenon..I'm sure that its not "just me" as my wife also felt the floor shake..and I'm quite sure its got nothing to do with the pretzels laugh.png

Edited by johng

While they where still building the Hilton Hotel on top of the Mall I often felt quite strong judders on the 4th and 5th floors where there is a bridge across the open central space/span of the building...I thought that it was to do with the ongoing construction but now the construction work has finished I'm really not sure at all what causes this

phenomenon..I'm sure that its not "just me" as my wife also felt the floor shake..and I'm quite sure its got nothing to do with the pretzels laugh.png

noticed this on the 5th or 6th floor same as John said a few times no,w when we stopped for Monster slush with kids! felt really weird

So far, the ONLY reason I can see for visiting is that Hawaiian restaurant.

Aloha!

I don't think anyone would argue it's a destination mall, I mean, we're not talking Mall of America, Galleries Lafayette, Mall of Asia, or Siam Paragon here. There is nothing at Harbor that you won't find at the other mall's around town. It's just another shopping option added to our growing town that's convenient for people living in the area. It is also especially nice for Darksiders, as it now eliminates the need to go further than 3rd Road to visit many name brand shops and restos.

Aloha!

I don't think anyone would argue it's a destination mall, I mean, we're not talking Mall of America, Galleries Lafayette, Mall of Asia, or Siam Paragon here. There is nothing at Harbor that you won't find at the other mall's around town. It's just another shopping option added to our growing town that's convenient for people living in the area. It is also especially nice for Darksiders, as it now eliminates the need to go further than 3rd Road to visit many name brand shops and restos.

Agreed! Just waiting to see what kind of traffic mess it creates on Klang. Probably not going to be good....

Aloha!

Totally agree ,very nice but to be honest as i said in the begining post its not got anything "special" to make you want to visit ,although i will say if you have young children i am sure they would want to go to the play area , it was packed , as for the parking ,it did feel a little narrow .

Aloha!

Agreed! Just waiting to see what kind of traffic mess it creates on Klang. Probably not going to be good....

For the exact reason that's it's not too big and there seems to be a decent parking to tenants ration it shouldn't be too bad (with possible exception of Saturdays and Thai holidays). I was there again today from morning to mid-day and traffic wasn't bad. There were a good number of people in the mall by noon-time but they were doing a good job of managing car/bike ingress and egress when I left. They have 3-4 security guys out front managing the traffic flow that keeps things moving pretty well.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

A few snaps from my trip to the Harbor Mall today. As I mentioned before, there is a plethora of lesser known or what might be called second tier brand eating outlets (or maybe they're just new to Thailand). There is also a food court on the top floor. There is a pronounced Japanese restaurant theme going on too so people who enjoy this cuisine will have lots of options (including a couple in the food court). There is also a Korean resto and many more.

The kids theme floors should be attracrive with little ones in tow. As depicted in one picture, there is a kids slide from one floor down to another in the main hall. There are language and music schools and kids drawing and fun rooms as well as the trampoline and electronic gaming areas. (And for all you kids at heart, adults are allowed into the kids trampoline fun room...but this being Pattaya, i hope it doesnt attract the "wrong" kind of patron.) Themall was pretty busy today at noontime and it seems to me they're off to a good start.

By the way, the feta, mushroom, and rocket omelette at The Coffee Club is awesome...moist and perfectly cooked ☺

post-167660-0-07268000-1460463660_thumb.

post-167660-0-25538100-1460463710_thumb.

post-167660-0-55639400-1460463766_thumb.

post-167660-0-24523100-1460463814_thumb.

post-167660-0-42794600-1460463851_thumb.

post-167660-0-52776800-1460463892_thumb.

post-167660-0-41431300-1460463941_thumb.

post-167660-0-10751000-1460463975_thumb.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Just a note, if you go early for ABC or Starbucks (before 10) they are only accessible from the doors at the outside front of the mall. If you park in the garage,you will have to walk all the way back around outside to the front.

The CC omelette

post-167660-0-57292000-1460515498_thumb.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

To my knowledge, this is the first frozen yogurt outlet in Pattaya...if it's not, then we know have another one. This is nice as in often prefer frozen yogurt to ice cream.

post-167660-0-34364300-1460523204_thumb.

FYI...while both pharmacies have stocked prescription drug counters they can't sell any yet. They are awaiting their licenses from the Thai FDA, which could take about a month they told me.

Foodland has initiated a parking ticket system (I imagine to prevent people from using their spaces to go to Harbor). Get a ticket wehen you park and stamped or something inside (or just show a receipt might have been easier).

Looked like the new mall had hoovered up all the local 'Bangkok plates' interest.

Says it all. Anyone think the Bangkok people drive 300 km roundtrip to buy something that is available at the plenty of luxury shopping malls right on their doorstep?

A few more weekends and you can play football on each floor without getting in the way of customers

Well, much of the real estate in Pattaya is Bangkokian owned (yours truly included), by folks who have Bangkok plated cars, and last I checked we need to go out and buy stuff too.

Foodland has initiated a parking ticket system (I imagine to prevent people from using their spaces to go to Harbor). Get a ticket wehen you park and stamped or something inside (or just show a receipt might have been easier).

What happens if you park at Foodland, do some shopping, then pop next door while leaving your car at Foodland?... for example, you want to pop next door for a coffee at Starbucks after you've finished shopping at Foodland.

What happens if you park at Foodland, do some shopping, then pop next door while leaving your car at Foodland?... for example, you want to pop next door for a coffee at Starbucks after you've finished shopping at Foodland.

I imagine that's fine as long as at some point you've bought something there. I did it opposite way around today so can't say for sure.

I saw that coming. Day I went to Harbor Mall, the 2nd day of the opening, the Foodland lot was packed far out of proportion to the number of Foodland shoppers. Well, I did the same thing, parked there and walked to Harbor. However, I did come back and buy some things at Foodland. That may become a pattern.

BTW, OMGImInPattaya, like your pics and fair reviews of the place.

So that Hawaiian restaurant increased their offer from 30 to 40% now .

I hope the food is any good , I will check it out soon, the other restaurants do not interest me , (except for Coffee Club) .

I have yet to check it out, but if someone could do me a HUGE favour and let me know three things (yes, I'm greedy):

1) Is there really a Tummour there? (SP, Thai restaurant)

Yes. (I believe it's two words...Tum Mour).

It's one word:

post-34982-0-74936000-1460563883_thumb.jpost-34982-0-45878500-1460563884_thumb.j

Nice floor:

post-34982-0-58406700-1460563904_thumb.j

I just don't understand all the negative comments about this mall be subpar. Especially the one about the mall looking like a throwback to the 80's. I find those comments quite ridiculous:

post-34982-0-10265300-1460563979_thumb.j

Edited by tropo

I hope the food is any good , I will check it out soon, the other restaurants do not interest me , (except for Coffee Club) .

How long is the promotion going on?

I suppose their regular prices must be quite high then?

Maybe suggest they sign up for EATIGO.

How long is the promotion going on?

I suppose their regular prices must be quite high then?

Maybe suggest they sign up for EATIGO.

Look at post 103, OMG's second photo shows the regular prices on the promo card. You are correct.

A shout out to Starbucks at Harbor Mall. The Starbucks branch is a pleasant place for a coffee if you appreciate good air conditioning in this hot weather.

Agreed. Pleasant place, uncrowded (for now), higher percentage of comfortable chairs. Will be back.

A shout out to Starbucks at Harbor Mall. The Starbucks branch is a pleasant place for a coffee if you appreciate good air conditioning in this hot weather.

Agreed. Pleasant place, uncrowded (for now), higher percentage of comfortable chairs. Will be back.

You can sweat having a hot coffee at Central in the last hour before closing as they turn off the aircon. Starbucks Harbor Mall was cool to the last minute.biggrin.png

I have yet to check it out, but if someone could do me a HUGE favour and let me know three things (yes, I'm greedy):

1) Is there really a Tummour there? (SP, Thai restaurant)

Yes. (I believe it's two words...Tum Mour).

It's one word:

Tummour 2.jpg tummour.jpg

Nice floor:

Floor.jpg

I just don't understand all the negative comments about this mall be subpar. Especially the one about the mall looking like a throwback to the 80's. I find those comments quite ridiculous:

Atrium 2.jpg Atrium1.jpg

A troll...nothing going better to do with his day.

The name say it all...it's "Value Max" I believe. Their target is the more value oriented Thai and foreign shopper and so they have a very limited selection of imported stuff. For those things, one still has to make the rounds of Villa, Gourmet Market, and Foodland. However, it's nice having a cluster of two supermarkets right next to each other (and three very close with Big C Extra just down the block). The addition of at least four coffee shops as well is a nice convience factor as well.

I didn't realise it was open 24 hours. That will be useful on my Foodland late night shopping trips - checking out the specials.

you will actually walk back and forth comparing prices/specials to save a few baht ?

normal average people do. have you heard of coupons?