Private Detective

girluk77

To do from a distance exceedingly difficult, maybe visit the area yourself, and start with police office, saying you want to hire someone with 15plus years experience on a part time basis

Agree amount and what you expect

Agree payment schedule, always keep money in hand

maybe offer bonus at end if all satisfactory

I believe this your best approach

On the Jovial side has your intended been married before? If yes wonder if it might be worth as the forum members. For example, my ex (married 18 years) lives in U.Th. I hasten to add any useful info should/could not be presented here and only done in private contact.

Udon Thani seems to be the worst province for foreigners, regardless if male, or female.

Even facebook kills. Have you ever thought about getting their names in Thai and let a befriended Thai in the UK check their messages?

And if you want to know it a Thai guy you've got a kid with has another woman. Yes, he does. it's Thai mentality.

Edited by lostinisaan

Hi Re a Private Detective. I am a recently retired P.I. from Australia. I have done quite a bit of work in Thailand and can advise you that getting someone to do the task you outlined will be very difficult. I can tell you all Thai P.I's are not up to scratch and they charge like they are in the USA. Very expensive and very useless. I tried to employ Thai P.I.'s but never had any luck with them. For small jobs ie simple inquiries I had better luck using friends I had on Facebook and Yahoo messenger in the areas I needed to do the inquiries. A lot cheaper too. If you would like more info on how to get assistance in this matter just email me at <e-mail removed as per forum rules, use PM> and I can supply you with the name and contact details of a Thai P.I. who I consider the best of a bad lot but is well connected. And I can suggest a few things you may be able to do yourself. Good Luck.....lungnorm

So many TV members with reading/comprehension difficulties?

The OP:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a private detective.

I'm not looking to dish the dirt on a boyfriend or girlfriend,

just find out some information about family relations which, as a non-Thai, I'm having difficulty trying to find out myself.

Additional Info provided:

The OP lives in the UK and has two young children in tow so travel to Thailand out of the question.

She is trying to find out information about blood relations in Thailand.

The area the family are from is Udon Thani

I see that one member has offered his help and several suggest Google.

One interesting suggestion is to find a good genealogist, can anyone recommend one?

I used some free sites and failed to find anything useful using my wife's details.,

You would need to read/write perfect Thai as well as understand what you read.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Note that a child generally gets the surname of it's father.

Also on marriage the woman may or may not change her surname to that of her husband.

Also that there are two types of marriage in Thailand.

An informal one performed by Monks - this has no legal standing.

A formal marriage in an Amphor which is registered and certificates are issues and is recognised everywhere.

When marrying at an Amphor (Town Hall) the bride has the opportunity to change her name to that of her husband and a Change Name Certificate will be issued.

This allows a new Thai ID to be issued and new passport etc.

The Thai ID number remains the same as before, only the name is changed.

As far as I know, Thai Passport numbers change with every new one.

Other interesting documents are the "House Books" (Tambian Baan), the people living at that address are entered and registered in that book.

The book is not an indicator of who owns the property.

The Tambian Baan is all in Thai as you would expect.

Anyone know of a good PI in or near Udon Thani who speaks good English?

...it's ..... 'us and them'.......if you haven't noticed....and we are greatly outnumbered......

..and truth has no bearing.....you will only ever get a variation of it at best....

...and like a few members said....'You are only setting yourself up'....

..ready to 'dish out the dough'....you seem like 'a good mark'.....

...forget honor.....etc.....

.....good=dumb......lies & deceit=smart...

...live with it....or walk away....or run....

Strewth! Clueless (about the OP's requirements) but thanks for playing.

Amazing at people jumping to conclusions!

But I don't think you have entirely helped. What do you want to know and why?

I can probably find a policeman to help you. No idea how much. But they would need some basic information like ID card numbers/name/Tabian Baan. The Thai Police database is pretty comprehensive but you need a reason to access it.

I helped a friend who had runaway wife and child. The Police found her within 24 hours.

I would say it's vertically impossible . Unless you have ID card numbers. Or you know where they still reside.

She could see the persons in question from up there though

Could save yourself money and no need for Private D**K.

whistling.gif

Edited by khundon

Op has done a 'runner'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is six hours behind Thailand but I would not blame her after some of the silly posts here.

She has two small children to care for as well.

Op has done a 'runner'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is six hours behind Thailand but I would not blame her after some of the silly posts here.

She has two small children to care for as well.

Not done a runner, no but I am also working full time.

Thank to those who have provided useful information

What kind of family relations would be so important/relevant to you that you'd need to hire a PI from abroad? Unless she's telling you some Thai man is her "brother"...

Yes, more questions than answers.

I assume that this info is rather delicate and very personal, but yes, being a nosy beggar with nothing much else to do I am intrigued

and would love to know the full story 555

But I'm sure we have been told enough of the story to allow us to help if we can........

The OP asks:-

Can anyone recommend a PI in or near Udon Thani?

Post if you can otherwise have a look at another thread or perhaps this link:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/269250-worst-joke-ever/

Literally thousands of great pictures, jokes and stories to amuse and keep you busy....

Please read them all and do try not to repost ones that have been "done" already! 555

• 4 weeks later...

There is a guy whose main language is english. He is based in bkk he owns a variety of business's including a property company and a PI firm who outsource to thai only personnel for obvious reasons.

He will perform duedil on your interests prior to taking the case. His core services in PI work seem more related to relationship breakdowns and mistrust but maybe he can help it's just he focuses heavily on that matter on his site. thailand pi should acrue the correct results and his website is extremely over informative covering a lot with a personal approach so if you cannot locate that with information provided it may be worth reconsidering your plan of action.

"....vertically impossible...."

I like that. Might use it sometime.

Escuse me Sir , how old are you ? .

There are,so many like minded farlang groups , with similar vertical problems , overweight etc, no diet control .

Isaan, has many senior farlangs , who meet up and ,drink beer , and only talk abouit it .{sex ]

Rule of thumb, the bigger the belly, equals, the bigger the mouth , hence less active , on to the bed .555

FYI Isaan , wives , have a self help group , male volunteers needed , asap.

for more info , GTF , coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss