Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Another poor Chelsea display in Marseilles. Not helped by dreadful officiating by the referee and one on the clowns sorry goal line official. 2 blatant penalties not given.

It does not have any bearing fortunately on the finishing positions but this type of non officiating could well decide an important KO game as we saw 2 seasons ago.

A chelsea fan complaining about dodgy decisions after winning the league last season with a 2 yard offside goal at old trafford. :D

Still no sign of him, & again after defeat, strange..:D

He must have so many other important things to do, like he always has after defeat..:D

So allow me...

Marseille 1 - 0 Chelsea

<P class=first>Chelsea's poor run of form continued as Brandao's late strike handed Marseille a narrow win in their Champions League final Group F game in France. Brandao tapped in after Taye Taiwo's shot was deflected into the Brazilian's path to secure a deserved home win.

It ended Chelsea's hopes of earning six group wins out of six, though they will argue they were denied two penalties.

Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou were fouled by Souleymane Diawara in the first half, but he escaped punishment.

Chelsea's 2-1 win over MSK Zilina a fortnight ago had guaranteed they would top the section, but this was not a Marseille victory inflicted upon a Blues team with their foot off the pedal.

Carlo Ancelotti had spoken before the match of the need for a good performance on the back of a worrying run of form, and a strong starting XI underlined the Italian's desire to get a positive performance and result out of the match.

The Italian's desires went unfulfilled, though, as the Blues stuttered, coughed and stumbled their way through a largely uninspiring and ultimately toothless display.

It comes on the back of a run of results that has seen them secure just one league win in six and prompted their fall from first to third place in the Premier League.

And if Chelsea were hoping to meet a half-hearted Marseille - given the French side had guaranteed their own progression a fortnight ago as well - again they were to be disappointed.

Like the Blues, Marseille have been off form of late, having fallen to fourth in France's Ligue 1 with just a point from their last two matches.

o.gif606: DEBATE Quite embarrassing to see that we didnt make Mandanda break a sweat tonight. Poor game from us <BR clear=all>Inter Forlan So, while some might have expected both sides to take this dead rubber lightly, instead both Ancelotti and home boss Didier Deschamps entered the contest desperate for a morale-boosting win that might reignite their side's season.

That was underlined by Ancelotti's selection, with the likes of John Terry, Michael Essien and Didier Drogba all starting.

But it was Marseille who edged an entertaining first half.

Benoit Cheyrou had already sent a dipping shot wide from range when Matheiu Valbuena rattled the crossbar with a wicked 22-yard effort - and Marseille's diminutive playmaker then sent an unmarked diving header wide.

Loic Remy also shot off-target from range, while Gabriel Heinze will count himself a touch unlucky that his header home from Cheyrou's free-kick was ruled out for offside - replays suggested the former Manchester United man was level.

Still, despite those scares, Chelsea could have entered the break ahead had they not had two strong penalty appeals turned down.

Initially referee Vladislav Bezborov awarded a spot-kick when Diawara felled Malouda - only to then change his mind on the advice of his linesman - and the Russian referee then waved away Chelsea's appeals for a second time when Kalou was brought down by Diawara later in the half.

Both should have been given, and Drogba was still remonstrating with the Russian officials as the second half got back under way.

It was about as big an impact as the Ivorian had on the whole match in reality, though his long-awaited return to the club he describes as "home" did at least end in a heartfelt standing ovation from the home fans when he was withdrawn on the hour.

That Valbuena - by far Marseille's most potent weapon before that - was substituted at the same time said much for both sides' ever decreasing ambition, or at least attacking quality, in the second half.

Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic had to produce a fine block on the stretch to clear Fabrice Abriel's snap-shot from inside the area, while a Taiwo long-ranger was deflected narrowly past Petr Cech's upright by Terry soon after.

But just as it looked like the Blues would emerge with a clean sheet and a point, which in itself would have been some comfort given their struggles of late, up popped Brandao with nine minutes remaining to secure the win for Marseille.

It means Chelsea enter what promises to be a crucial stage in their bid to retain the Premier League trophy - Ancelotti's side play Spurs at White Hart Lane on Sunday ahead of matches against Manchester United and Arsenal - still desperately short of form and confidence.

Ancelotti's side play Spurs at White Hart Lane on Sunday ahead of matches against Manchester United and Arsenal - still desperately short of form and confidence.

Thanks for the report singhy.....I was watching the other lot's pitiful crawl over the CL qualifying line....even in spite of ANOTHER penalty gift at the library.;)

Here's my favourite bit though......I hope he's right ....really I do.....! :D

Ancelotti's side play Spurs at White Hart Lane on Sunday ahead of matches against Manchester United and Arsenal - still desperately short of form and confidence.

Thanks for the report singhy.....I was watching the other lot's pitiful crawl over the CL qualifying line....even in spite of ANOTHER penalty gift at the library.;)

You know he keeps a close eye on us smokie....obsession i say.

More interestingly, the scammers are playing City at the weekend. Do you think he's hoping for a draw? :lol:

chelsea have been wobbling for over 2 weeks now, I think it is time for Chelsea to rectify their mistake regarding the assistant manager...

So do you think that it is the loss of Mr Wilkins or just not having an assistant manager that is the reason for their bad form.

If it is the loss of Wilkins then surely having another assistant manager is not going to make a difference.

More interestingly, the scammers are playing City at the weekend. Do you think he's hoping for a draw? :lol:

It's a win win for me, we win, great, City win, great as they'll probably extend their grip on 4th place denying your pile of sh*te CL nect Year..:)

Edit : Hatred is better than love remember..;)

Edited by MSingh

It's a win win for me, we win, great, City win, great as they'll probably extend their grip on 4th place denying your pile of sh*te CL nect Year..:)

Is this deja vue, but didn't we have a similar post towards the end of last season ;)

Crikey, Singher now thinks the season ends after 17 games :D

Not entirely but it will be tough to make up the ground & i now what position i'd rather be in, & what Squad i'd prefer to have..;)

Another poor Chelsea display in Marseilles. Not helped by dreadful officiating by the referee and one on the clowns sorry goal line official. 2 blatant penalties not given.

It does not have any bearing fortunately on the finishing positions but this type of non officiating could well decide an important KO game as we saw 2 seasons ago.

A chelsea fan complaining about dodgy decisions after winning the league last season with a 2 yard offside goal at old trafford. :D

Not a Chelsea fan. That was the 2-1 game was it not. Drogba offside when he made it 2-0. Macheda handled when MU scored. Disgraceful they are still not playing Fergie time. :rolleyes:

Edited by salty

Why do I have to do the copy and pasting when we lose? I thought you had taken that roll on for me fatboy sing? we haven't been wobbling for the last two weeks, its been going on since we lost to the bin dippers.

I really think we are in for a hiding at the once 3 point lane, super Frank is supposed to be back this weekend but he can't be expected to turn things around single handedly....

we need to gain some much needed confidence in front of goal in the next few weeks or we will be lucky to be in the top 6 come May.......COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Why do I have to do the copy and pasting when we lose? I thought you had taken that roll on for me fatboy sing? we haven't been wobbling for the last two weeks, its been going on since we lost to the bin dippers.

I really think we are in for a hiding at the once 3 point lane, super Frank is supposed to be back this weekend but he can't be expected to turn things around single handedly....

we need to gain some much needed confidence in front of goal in the next few weeks or we will be lucky to be in the top 6 come May.......COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

:D Are you pissed? If you are you should do it more often! ;)

Edit: fatboy sing......:lol:

Edited by smokie36

No I'm not pissed, try not to booze on a skool night.....my body is a temple and all that! :whistling:

Manager Carlo Ancelotti vows to fight on at Chelsea

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti insists he is the right man to lead the club out of their slump in form as they approach a key period in their season.

Only one win in six league matches was compounded by Wednesday's 1-0 loss to Marseille in the Champions League.

And with Tottenham, Manchester United and Arsenal the Blues' next three games Ancelotti is keen for an improvement.

"We have to come back. I'm not low, I'm strong. I want to resolve this quickly and I am focused on my job," he said.

"I think my players have that same focus - I'm sure they have. We have a lot of players with fantastic character and personality."

Chelsea's poor form in the league has seen them slip from first to third in the table.

However, until Wednesday that had not been replicated in Europe, where they had already enjoyed five wins out of five to qualify for the Champions League knockout stages before taking on Marseille at the Stade Velodrome.

Although the pressure was off, the problems the Blues have been suffering domestically were again in evidence against the French side, and a stuttering display showed a lack of confidence that was eventually punished by Brandao's 81st-minute winner.

Following the defeat Ancelotti admitted he was under no illusions about the state his team find themselves in.

"I'm worried just because we're not doing our best," he said. "This is the problem. We have to do better. I would like the team to move on quickly from this moment.

"It's not a good moment. The bad moment continues, but we have to keep going. We've lost some confidence in our play.

"Now we have to come back, keep going and look forward. We have a great opportunity to do that against Tottenham [on Sunday] - a difficult game away against a top team."

Should Chelsea lose that match, Spurs would move to within a point of the current champions in the league.

Ancelotti's side will also have to visit their London rivals without right-back Jose Bosingwa, only just back after a lengthy absence with a knee injury, as he sustained a hamstring problem in France.

However, Chelsea could receive a boost in the form of a return for England midfielder Frank Lampard, who has not played since August because of a groin injury.

"Bosingwa has a hamstring problem, so he's not available for the next game," said Ancelotti. "[but] Frank trained today and had a good session.

"We'll take a decision in the next two days. He'll train with us."

Meanwhile, Marseille coach Didier Deschamps - a former Chelsea player - was delighted to have beaten Chelsea even though his team had also already qualified from Group F.

"I am very happy for Brandao and for my team as well," said Deschamps. "I wanted my players to win. It was good for the fans to beat Chelsea although it does not mean anything, it was nice to beat them.

"When you play such games without pressure, you still want to get the result because of the opposing team.

"A team like Chelsea is programmed to win the Champions League, we are not but we want to go as far as we can. Maybe we will have a little bit of luck in the draw. Whoever we get it will be a difficult game.

"Chelsea are not having a successful spell at the moment. Maybe it was a good time to play them tonight. In February they will be a totally different team."

Why do I have to do the copy and pasting when we lose?

The bleat of a Child...:D

Is that the best you can come up with? I'm disappointed Singher......I will be supporting your boys to do us a favour at the weekend though.

Is that the best you can come up with? I'm disappointed Singher......I will be supporting your boys to do us a favour at the weekend though.

Do you honestly see City as a Threat then ??

I don't, not to win the League anyway.

& i will be cheering on your lot of West London Rent Boys too & i do so for only 2 times per Season, this being one of them..;)

& i will be cheering on your lot of West London Rent Boys too & i do so for only 2 times per Season, this being one of them..;)

Funnily enough singher, even though we need city to lose, as far as i'm concerned not at the expense of West Spam getting a good drubbing. :)

As for Chelsea, as i said before, they're just a small club in Fulham with a scumbag captain. What i would say is that the Stamford Bridge fixture is a good day out. Always feels like a home game, even if our record there is &lt;deleted&gt;. :D

Edited by carmine

:crying:

I might not post in here very much but I come in for a read now and then. I have feelings you know.

Well i don't think anyone should see City as a threat to actually win the League this Year to be honest, that's just my opinion though & i may be wrong..

& notice i said " this Year " too cos i'd be amazed if they wasn't a threat NEXT Year..;)

:crying:

I might not post in here very much but I come in for a read now and then. I have feelings you know.

Well i don't think anyone should see City as a threat to actually win the League this Year to be honest, that's just my opinion though & i may be wrong..

& notice i said " this Year " too cos i'd be amazed if they wasn't a threat NEXT Year..;)

That makes me feel better :D

Actually, at the beginning of the season I would have said the same as we all knew it would take several months to get the new team to gel. However, the way Chelsea, United and Arsenal have all dropped points, anyone who can put a good run together is in with a chance this year.

Singher, we don't expect and we don't need your load of muppets to help us out, lets face it they do us any favours last but where did it get City, we're get 4th by our own means just like we did last year 4.gif.

Any thoughts on tomorrow's game? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Smoke,thinking involves using your brain cells and not too many of them on here, Why do you think they C&P so much :D

We can only try alfie. Its what marks us out from the chimps this is.....! :D

Singher, we don't expect and we don't need your load of muppets to help us out, lets face it they do us any favours last but where did it get City, we're get 4th by our own means just like we did last year 4.gif.

Bwahahaha Post of the Year for thsoe words only..:D

Here's the lowdown on tomorrow's game......break a leg.......no really.....:whistling:

<P class=first>Tottenham's Alan Hutton, Aaron Lennon and Luka Modric will be restored to the starting line-up after missing the match with FC Twente. Younes Kaboul faces a fitness test on his injured hip, but Niko Kranjcar and Rafael van der Vaart are out.

Chelsea welcome back Nicolas Anelka and Ashley Cole after they sat out Wednesday's defeat to Marseille.

But Frank Lampard is not still fit enough to return from his long standing groin and hernia problems.

Tottenham

Doubtful:Kaboul (hip)

Injured: Huddlestone (ankle), King & Woodgate (both groin), Kranjcar & van der Vaart (both hamstring), Jenas (calf), O'Hara (back)

Chelsea

Doubtful: Lampard (groin), Zhirkov (calf)

Injured: Alex (knee), Benayoun (Achilles), Bosingwa (hamstring)

MATCH PREVIEWThere was a time when a trip to Tottenham would have been the perfect tonic for Chelsea to help them out of the kind of rut they find themselves in now. Not so long ago the Blues enjoyed a 19-year unbeaten run in the league in the Lilywhite half of North London, but those days of 'Three Point Lane' are long gone as Tottenham have begun to establish a hold over Chelsea of their own.

o.gifI see Tottenham as genuine title rivals. They're having a good season and there is no reason why they can't challenge <BR clear=all>Chelsea's Didier DrogbaHarry Redknapp's side have not lost at White Hart Lane against their west London rivals since 2005 and their Gareth Bale-inspired victory in April last season came perilously close to derailing Chelsea's title charge.

If the Blues are to retain their title, manager Carlo Ancelotti has to find a way of arresting their dramatic recent slump that has caught everyone by surprise. After 10 games of the season they had lost just once, scored 27 goals and conceded three times. In their last six matches they have won only once, scored a mere three times and let in eight.

Ancelotti has been bold enough to say he is genuinely worried by their form and with Manchester United and Arsenal to come after Spurs, the heat is definitely on the normally ice-cool Italian.

Tottenham, in contrast, are flying and have taken Europe by storm, establishing themselves as the great entertainers of the Champions League group stages. This match will provide an acid test of their title credentials

Here's a wee C+P for you all to chew over......

DM.has('',"article");DM.has('js-article-text',"lightBox");

I was scarred by Chelsea aggro... but let's not forget Tottenham Hotspur were brilliant!

By Graham Poll

Last updated at 12:38 AM on 11th December 2010

From 1990, Chelsea went 16 years without losing a league game to Tottenham, their dominance so pronounced that Chelsea fans knew Spurs' ground as 'Three-Point Lane'.

Then, on Bonfire Night 2006, everything changed. Jose Mourinho's Chelsea were beaten 2-1 at White Hart Lane and captain John Terry was sent off by Graham Poll.

article-1337626-059B79DA0000044D-199_634x324.jpg Ugly scenes: Sportsmail's Graham Poll was the man in the middle when it turned nasty at White Hart Lane in 2006 after John Terry was sent off

Terry's dismissal sparked a furious reaction from Mourinho and his players, who launched a campaign to discredit the referee.

Sportsmail columnist Poll explains how the FA's failure to defend him was a major factor in his decision to quit refereeing at the end of that season. Chelsea had drawn a controversial Champions League game at Barcelona a few days earlier and arrived at Tottenham in a bad mood.

It was obvious in the early stages of the game that Jose had been up to his tricks and that his players were going to be difficult to control.

I sent off John Terry for two yellow cards, the second when he hauled down Ledley King. Terry came to see me immediately after the game, the first time in my career any player had done that.

article-1337626-059B6A140000044D-580_634x313.jpg Tipping point: Aaron Lennon scores the winner for Spurs, to give them a home victory over Chelsea at last

He seemed happy to accept my explanation of the two yellow cards. But the day after the game Ashley Cole accused me of having told Chelsea's players I wanted to 'teach them a lesson' and Terry said I had said one thing to him on the pitch and another in the dressing room after the game.

These two claims were as damaging as they were ridiculous but Brian Barwick (then FA chief executive) and the FA failed to stand up for me and, by extension, failed to stand up for the integrity of referees up and down the country.

article-1337626-059B6C4F0000044D-618_634x451.jpg Angry words: Terry unceremoniously blasted Poll before his dismissal at White Hart Lane

A fortnight later Chelsea withdrew all of their allegations against me and Terry was fined £10,000 for what he had claimed. But I was still dismayed at the way the FA had reacted and that dismay contributed to my decision to retire.

The sad thing is that the whole furore overshadowed what was a magnificent performance by Tottenham.

article-1337626-059B8E500000044D-299_634x370.jpg Pointing the finger: Ashley Cole also held a cross exchange with Poll

PS Since that victory, Spurs have not lost a league game to Chelsea at White Hart Lane:

2007-08:

Tottenham 4 Chelsea 4

2008-09:

Tottenham 1 Chelsea 0

2009-10:

Tottenham 2 Chelsea 1adverts.addToArray('sky-article-wide','120x600','MOL_SKY_WIDE_ART',true);adverts.addToArray('textAd','120x240','',true);adverts.addToArray('h-sky-a','120x240');adverts.addToArray('h-sky-b','120x240');adverts.addToArray('abs-ad-0', '300x250');

adverts.addToArray('superBanner','468x60,728x90'); </IMG>function ebBannerFlash_0_9974050407021816_DoFSCommand(command,args){ebScriptWin0_9974050407021816.gEbBanners[0].displayUnit.handleFSCommand(command,args,"ebBannerFlash_0_9974050407021816");}ebBannerFlash_0_9974050407021816_DoFSCommand(command,args);function ebIsFlashExtInterfaceExist(){return true;}