Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Chelsea have all but signed Andre Schurrle.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3208938/title/agreement-reached-for-transfer-of-andre-schurrle

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this. £18-20m on a player that may just be a squad player. I don't want him replacing Oscar, Mata or Hazard, so that fee would have been better spent elsewhere.

There are all squad players,mate. This signing gives us better options in a tactical sense. Don't be disappointed by this signing because Schurrle is one of the best young prospects in German football.

According to Sky sources,Chelsea have won the race to sign 14 year old wunderkid Jacob Maddox,from Bristol City, beating off interest from United and City. Who says we haven't got a youth policy?

According to Sky sources,Chelsea have won the race to sign 14 year old wunderkid Jacob Maddox,from Bristol City, beating off interest from United and City. Who says we haven't got a youth policy?

Yes og, your youth policy is never to play any of them wink.png

• Like 2

Yes og, your youth policy is never to play any of them ;)

We always play our youth.

It's just we don't play them often and then we sell them. :-)

Yes og, your youth policy is never to play any of them wink.png

A bit unkind that and factually wrong,Alfredo as Ryan Bertrand made it all the way through to the Champions League Final last year and Nathan Ake got his chance on the pitch in the Premier League. Throw in a few other youngsters who got to the bench and I think you'll find that,if good enough,they will be given their chance,especially now that Mourinho has publicly stated that he will be monitoring the kids coming through from the reserves.

However,depending on your priorities,they have got to be pretty special to make it in our squad as our aims are to win the Premier League and Champions League. There's plenty of young talent in our reserves,hence the FA Youth Cup victories, but you have to be mentally tough as well as technically gifted to reach the top and that,sadly,is where a lot of youngsters hit a brick wall. And,where we've let some kids go to try there hand elsewhere in the League,I don't think you'll find that the club has made that many ricks.

Well TBH I don't know. Big money clubs can buy from anywhere.

Why piss about fishing in your back garden when you've got Oceans.

I don't know. I really don't.

But the England U 21's were an <deleted> nightmare weren't they.

I really don't know what to do.

It's been confirmed that Courtois is to be loaned to Athletic Madrid for a third season. An odd decision considering the only back up goalkeepers we have, to Cech, are two youngsters,Blackman and Bartram. It's conceivable for us to come in for an experienced goalkeeper,possibly Julio Cesar,who is just around the corner and won't relish playing in the Championship next season.

In a World Cup season Cortois won't want to be sitting on the bench. He needs to be playing games.

One more season and maybe comes back to challenge Cech.

In a World Cup season Cortois won't want to be sitting on the bench. He needs to be playing games.

Thats how i see it. With this guys supposed quality i also doubt Mourinho would want Julio Cesar. More likely to make do until the transition happens between Cech and Cortois

Thats how i see it. With this guys supposed quality i also doubt Mourinho would want Julio Cesar. More likely to make do until the transition happens between Cech and Cortois

The problem is that if something was to happen to Cech,and he is a bit injury prone,the keeper on the bench will be very young and inexperienced. I reckon Courtois would have got plenty of games,even if Cech was fit,playing in the Cup matches.

Is it possible to have goalkeepers rotating? It's not the norm, but we are going to have to sell either Cech or Courtois next year if we don't. Cech is nowhere near retiring and Courtois is nowhere near being second choice. Difficult times ahead.

As for back up this season. We have Blackman, but I have only seen him against City and he had a stinker of a game. Apparently he is good in the youth, or is it the reserves?

Is it possible to have goalkeepers rotating? It's not the norm, but we are going to have to sell either Cech or Courtois next year if we don't. Cech is nowhere near retiring and Courtois is nowhere near being second choice. Difficult times ahead.

As for back up this season. We have Blackman, but I have only seen him against City and he had a stinker of a game. Apparently he is good in the youth, or is it the reserves?

It certainly is because Man. Utd. did it with Lindegaard and De Gea. In the early part of last season,Lindegaard was effectively their No.1 until he got injured and De Gea stepped in to cement his place. I think Chelsea are pandering after the personal needs of Courtois too much,after all he IS a Chelsea player and should be thinking about the team and not himself.

As far as Cech goes,I wasn't at all impressed on his last season's performance.He started to show chinks in his armour that weren't there before.

It certainly is because Man. Utd. did it with Lindegaard and De Gea. In the early part of last season,Lindegaard was effectively their No.1 until he got injured and De Gea stepped in to cement his place. I think Chelsea are pandering after the personal needs of Courtois too much,after all he IS a Chelsea player and should be thinking about the team and not himself.

As far as Cech goes,I wasn't at all impressed on his last season's performance.He started to show chinks in his armour that weren't there before.

Goalkeeper rotation works pending on the relative speed of each keeper coming out off their line and on how high a line the coach wants his back four to play.

I believe the two Utd keepers are similar in most respects which makes them easier to rotate.

I must disagree about Cech. I thought he had a great season.

I thought Chec was shocking at times and last season was probably his worst. Jose,s decision not to bring back Courtois may come back and haunt him imho

Just don't see that at all to be honest mate. Thought he had a sound season.

Don't think you get 3rd place with a poor goalie but hey it's all about opinions.

• Like 1

Conflicting views on Cech's overall performance last season. Of course,we are all entitled to our own opinion but,dissecting his game,I thought he was commanding in the air and, around his 6 yard box, handled corners well enough. Where he wasn't dominant was on the ground,where the boots were flying and was slow to get down to shots/free kicks whipped in. I got the impression that he was,subconsciously, looking after himself a little too much. The skull cap can protect his head to a certain extent but,he knows and we know that a hard crack in the wrong place could cause severe damage. And we can all thank Reading for that.

Chec,s distribution at times was awful,passes and throws that put his back four under immediate pressure plus goal kicks that just went straight out of play,for a keeper of his years and experience very poor imo,the 2 goals he conceded. against Ruben in the europa cup beaten by 2 headers inside the 6 yard area...poor.......... that 1st goal at OT in the fa.cup tie <deleted> was he thinking......he never has his near post covered for free kicks............comes for crosses when he should stay and stays when he should come....he has made some great saves i won,t deny him that............ but i would have like to have seen him challenged for his place this coming season.

Chec,s distribution at times was awful,passes and throws that put his back four under immediate pressure plus goal kicks that just went straight out of play,for a keeper of his years and experience very poor imo,the 2 goals he conceded. against Ruben in the europa cup beaten by 2 headers inside the 6 yard area...poor.......... that 1st goal at OT in the fa.cup tie <deleted> was he thinking......he never has his near post covered for free kicks............comes for crosses when he should stay and stays when he should come....he has made some great saves i won,t deny him that............ but i would have like to have seen him challenged for his place this coming season.

Well,if we're not bringing in another goalkeeper,Mourinho must really rate Blackman (or Walker or Delac?). I've seen him in photographs and he's as tall as a tree.

It looks very likely that Marco Van Ginkel will be Mourinho's second signing of this transfer window. He's already spoken to Jose and is now back in Holland to speak to his club Vitesse Arnheim,according to BBC Sport. We have very strong links there with Kakuta and Van Aarnholt on loan at the club last season. 8million pounds is the asking price for this very promising midfielder. There's going to be a right old scramble for the midfield slots next season.

• Like 1

It would seem to be debatable as to whether Eden Hazard made any contact with that little shit of a ballboy in Swansea in the 2nd leg League Cup semi final.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267629/Eden-Hazard-ball-boy-row-new-footage-supports-Belgian-claim-kicked-ball.html

I'd still like to take a belt to that little shit.smile.png

It would seem to be debatable as to whether Eden Hazard made any contact with that little shit of a ballboy in Swansea in the 2nd leg League Cup semi final.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267629/Eden-Hazard-ball-boy-row-new-footage-supports-Belgian-claim-kicked-ball.html

I'd still like to take a belt to that little shit.smile.png

You been doing your TEFL course Jellybean? rolleyes.gif