Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Terry's decison to retire from Chelsea was taken out of his hands. Conte favours a back three and Terry would just be to slow to play in that formation.

Costa will be off loaded in the summer.Happy man when everything is going his way, a thug when its not.

Shoving Bailly into the goal post was the reaction of a frustrated player who had Rojo and Bailly out muscle him all afternoon.

I think you can be fairly sure Conte has someone lined up to replace him

2 Trendous goals won it for you, well done.. up until then even when you took the leads i was always confident,, however a tremendous game and a great advert for the much maligned  fa cup. Lets hope 2 moro lives up to this ones standard.

BBC give MOM to Shirley Temple...can't disagree with that, outstanding today.

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See Bbc website gave MOM to Matic. Don't get that. His wee buddy was far superior. ..does he ever have a bad game?

When do the Beeb ever get anything right these days?  Probably only looked at the highlights and based their opinion on the goal, it was rather good!

• Like 1

That was a match and a half. Spurs are a big, strong, athletic and skilful side so our defence had to be strong to get a result. It was, with Luiz, Ake and Azpilicueta outstanding. Add to that the industry of the midfield and front line and it was a perfect counter attacking team performance. Batshuayi did well considering the occasion. That will give him the confidence to kick on. The pace of the game left Matic and Alonso floundering a bit but they coped better as the game progressed and slowed. The double is well and truly on, lads!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Azpilicueta...the most under rated player around? Never seems to get the nation's plaudits he deserves. I'll bet he's first on Conte's team sheet every game.

That's a pretty safe bet BB.

• Like 1

Ake can consider himself extremely unlucky not to keep his place in the side....for me, he was outstanding on Saturday against the best team on current form in the league.

Inevitable Keith. This is a must win game. Semi win was a bonus, nothing more. We are not Arsenal that only win the FA cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get to see the second half as there was a power cut in our village. Good, quick football from both teams and a vital goal by Cahill just before half time. Hazard and Kante were outstanding while Costa was awful. Second half summary please lads?

39 minutes ago, oldgit said:

I didn't get to see the second half as there was a power cut in our village. Good, quick football from both teams and a vital goal by Cahill just before half time. Hazard and Kante were outstanding while Costa was awful. Second half summary please lads?

Costa looked like he cared and Terry came on with a few minutes left. Fabregas had a nice game.

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

Costa looked like he cared and Terry came on with a few minutes left. Fabregas had a nice game.

Conte must have given Costa countless bollockings at previous half time rants, so it couldn't have been that, that forced an attitude change. The cynic in me supposes that, at half time, he was given the news that he was definitely on his way to China.

10 hours ago, oldgit said:

Cahill;s goal imo killed saints off and it was only a matter of time before more goals were scored and the game was put to bed. Costa did score a very well worked 4th goal...that made up for all the <deleted> displays he has put in since the start of this calendar year......not.

Only disappointment was Cahill getting done by Bertrand for a very late consolation goal for saints.

Youth final against Citeh tonight should be worth watching. Coyb

• Like 2