Brutal murder of Swedish expat shot dead at home in Cha Am

Jonathan Fairfield

Brutal murder of Swedish expat shot dead at home in Cha Am

mana1.jpeg
Image: Manager

CHA AM:-- A 64 year old Swedish man was found shot dead at his home in Cha Am, Phetchaburi on Monday morning, local police have confirmed.

Officers were called to the Kennel Scandinavia, a dog kennels and cattery, where they found the body of Lars Frofjord [name transliterated] lying in the kitchen.

The victim was found lying on his back with gunshot wounds to his stomach and right arm. Police also found an empty shotgun cartridge behind the property where the victim was found and there was a bullet hole in the door of a Toyota Hilux pickup which was parked at the front of the property.

Investigating officer Pol Lt Natchare Siriwan said the man had been dead for more than 24 hours.

An employee at the kennels, identified as Paitoon Katesong said he found the body of the victim at 8:30am on Monday morning, which is when he called the police.

Police said the victim is well known in the area and had operated the kennels for a number of years, having previously worked as a police dog handler in his homeland.

Police also said they believe that he was shot while using his computer and as he tried to escape through the kitchen window was shot again and killed.

Manager Online reported that police added they believe the man’s murder was the result of a personal feud, saying that he had argued with neighbours many times in the past.

He was also involved with a lengthy conflict with his former Thai wife, it was claimed.

Source Mgr + Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-18

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the police will not say another suicide because they r <deleted> stink.Now every day there is a case..Thailand is beautiful but keep away from its COBRAS?
Guys,just hop across the border and bring one over for the time you need..no fuss no mess no duicides ??

Was it the same guy who had the kennel in the mountains a few years back?....I left my dog thinking a reasonable westerner was in charge. found out later his wife had taken over the bisiness as hubby had run off with a hooker....

This one does not seem to be so straightforward. Running a kennel can upset a lot of neighbors and customers also if something goes wrong. Being a Swede his embassy might actually put some pressure on the police to solve it, however the ex better hope that she has an "air tight" alibi.

I hope the police will not say another suicide because they r <deleted> stink.Now every day there is a case..Thailand is beautiful but keep away from its COBRAS?

Guys,just hop across the border and bring one over for the time you need..no fuss no mess no duicides ??

What an idiotic comment.

The police clearly said he was shot once and then again as he tried to climb out a window

How the hell will that end up being called a suicide?

Amazing. Even though there has been absolutely no mention of suicide by any investigating officer at this time, that does not prevent the TV suicide squad from their knee jerk presumptions.

Pathetic schadenfreude.

So one Swedish man killed in Pattaya, another one in Cha-Am and third died under strange circumstances in Phang-Nga during the last 10 days!

Half expect Leif Persson or Camilla Lackberg to arrive to begin filming the latest Swedish noir TV series. It's become an epidemic.

Fora/social media 101: don't post while drunk.

I knew him very well,RIP Donald.

Any ideas on why he was shot?

Random burglery?

Drugs?

Family dispute?

Just asking, no ill intent.

May he RIP.

If we can help find his murderer then any information would be helpful.

Did you even read the OP?

From another forum........

13 december 2015 kl 18:32

"My friend Brian phoned the kennel Europe 2 weeks ago. He asked if they took the cats there. The lady he was talking to said that she had a catteri. Brian drove to Springfeild Golf Club where the lady met him. When he came to kennlen showed the lady catteriet. The boxes were set against a wall. The cats were in the same room as the dogs ???????? Very frivolous. Beside the kennel Europe is Kennel Scandinavia. Brian ran in there and spoke with a Swedish man. He showed a wonderful catteri where Brian left their cats. Brian says that the lady at the kennel Europe lies about the kennel and cattery. Brian was very pleased with the Kennel Scandinavia and he takes his cats there again. Never again Kennel Europe says Brian."

What an idiotic comment.

The police clearly said he was shot once and then again as he tried to climb out a window

How the hell will that end up being called a suicide?

i think he was taking the piss mate. lighten up man !