West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Hard luck last night boys.

For what it's worth, thought you outplayed us in the first half and about even stevens in the second half. So overall i think you deserved more out of the game. Nevertheless, i'll take the win and hope we start to improve in the further rounds.

Good Luck for the rest of the comp. :D Was it Dennis Tueart in '76 ? last bit of silverware- a longer drought, indeed, than even for us :o though not as long as the Mags have been waiting , of course. :D

For what it's worth, thought you outplayed us in the first half and about even stevens in the second half. So overall i think you deserved more out of the game. Nevertheless, i'll take the win and hope we start to improve in the further rounds.

Good Luck for the rest of the comp. :D Was it Dennis Tueart in '76 ? last bit of silverware- a longer drought, indeed, than even for us :o though not as long as the Mags have been waiting , of course. :D

Am I the only one too old to stay up until some godforsaken early hour of the morning to watch a game of football and to resentful to watch a replay of any game in which we lost ?

So no post-match afterwords from me. Except to say that at least now we can solely concentrate on getting into Europe. :D

Am I the only one too old to stay up until some godforsaken early hour of the morning to watch a game of football and to resentful to watch a replay of any game in which we lost ?

So no post-match afterwords from me. Except to say that at least now we can solely concentrate on getting into Europe. :bah:

Luckily the result was overshadowed by the 3rd coming of Kev. It's put a smile (or grin) on every football fan's face. Another reason to be cheerful is there won't be a riot in Sheffield next week, though a lot of our supporters feel they will definitely miss out. :D By all accounts Anton Ferdinand had a good game and there were other positives that we can take and build on. The game on Sunday should be interesting. Faubert should be getting sharper, so come on you Irons and roll on the weekend. :D

So no post-match afterwords from me. Except to say that at least now we can solely concentrate on getting into Europe. :bah:

Luckily the result was overshadowed by the 3rd coming of Kev. It's put a smile (or grin) on every football fan's face. Another reason to be cheerful is there won't be a riot in Sheffield next week, though a lot of our supporters feel they will definitely miss out. :D By all accounts Anton Ferdinand had a good game and there were other positives that we can take and build on. The game on Sunday should be interesting. Faubert should be getting sharper, so come on you Irons and roll on the weekend. :D

Some of our Football was a joy to watch last night, especially on that pudding of a pitch. Freddie looked good, Faubert useful cameo and Anton looked great as well. However the one who stood out was Mark Noble. If he could add a few goals to his game he'll be a worldbeater before too long. I think City were expecting a long ball game but we used the flanks well and outplayed a good city side with lots of our players still missing. I think Bellamy will come in for LBM and should be a better foil for either Carlton Cole or Mr Pilbury Ashton. After watching that terrible first game last night between Wigan and Everton it really restored my faith in football, being the beautiful game. :bah:

Some of our Football was a joy to watch last night, especially on that pudding of a pitch. Freddie looked good, Faubert useful cameo and Anton looked great as well. However the one who stood out was Mark Noble. If he could add a few goals to his game he'll be a worldbeater before too long. I think City were expecting a long ball game but we used the flanks well and outplayed a good city side with lots of our players still missing. I think Bellamy will come in for LBM and should be a better foil for either Carlton Cole or Mr Pilbury Ashton. After watching that terrible first game last night between Wigan and Everton it really restored my faith in football, being the beautiful game. :D

I didn't watch the game - more's the pity - as I read someone else say that we played our best passing football for a decade.

Long may it continue. :o

Some of our Football was a joy to watch last night, especially on that pudding of a pitch. Freddie looked good, Faubert useful cameo and Anton looked great as well. However the one who stood out was Mark Noble. If he could add a few goals to his game he'll be a worldbeater before too long. I think City were expecting a long ball game but we used the flanks well and outplayed a good city side with lots of our players still missing. I think Bellamy will come in for LBM and should be a better foil for either Carlton Cole or Mr Pilbury Ashton. After watching that terrible first game last night between Wigan and Everton it really restored my faith in football, being the beautiful game. :D

I didn't watch the game - more's the pity - as I read someone else say that we played our best passing football for a decade.

Long may it continue. :o

Where you been? You missed a couple of weeks predictions. Get them in mate. :D

Long may it continue. :D

Where you been? You missed a couple of weeks predictions. Get them in mate. :D

Thieves add to Man City's misery _44385126_playersafp_b.jpg Manchester City's woes were not restricted to the pitchThieves added insult to injury by stealing from Manchester City players as they were knocked out of the FA Cup.

Money totalling between £1,500 and £2,000 was taken from wallets in their dressing room at Sheffield United's Bramall Lane ground.

This was as Premier League club City lost 2-1 at the hands of Championship team Sheffield United.

A United spokesman said a theft had taken place during the course of the afternoon and police are investigating.

South Yorkshire Police, Sheffield United and Manchester City are working together to investigate the matter.

"A number of staff and players have had a quantity of cash stolen," City spokesman Paul Tyrrell confirmed.

"I am not aware that the dressing room was locked and the police are looking in it." He would not say which players had been affected.

It must have been Chairman McBabe. Those legal fees are starting to stretch the budget a bit. :o

I'll have some of that. Go on you Irons. :D

How many points are we above the Totts are we now, btw ?

PS

Jockstar. I've knocked it on the head me old son. The papers kept getting the scores wrong, i.e. They didn't correspond with my predictions. :o

Good result for you lads last night, eh boys. :D

Saw the game in the middle of the night and apart from a nervous opening ten minutes and a spell in the second half, we looked good with Robert Green having a comfortable time. The back four looked composed and coped well with the Liverpool forwards. However feel a bit sorry for Luis Boa Morte-He certainly lived up to his name and looked a sorry sausage when he came off. Really pleased for Mark Noble. He said he saw Dean Ashton walking towards the ball, after the penalty was awarded, but picked it up and stepped up. :D A great win and now we have to break our barren spell, next year at Anfield, where we haven't won since the last ice age. :o COME ON YOU IRONS!

A great win and now we have to break our barren spell, next year at Anfield, where we haven't won since the last ice age. :o COME ON YOU IRONS!

Now your gettin carried away....

A great win and now we have to break our barren spell, next year at Anfield, where we haven't won since the last ice age. :o COME ON YOU IRONS!

Now your gettin carried away....

If Havant (any money) can score a couple of goals up there, then so can the rest of us. :D

However feel a bit sorry for Luis Boa Morte-He certainly lived up to his name and looked a sorry sausage when he came off.

tbh LBM is cack. :o

Really pleased for Mark Noble. He said he saw Dean Ashton walking towards the ball, after the penalty was awarded, but picked it up and stepped up. :D A great win and now we have to break our barren spell, next year at Anfield, where we haven't won since the last ice age. :D COME ON YOU IRONS!

To be fair, Mark Noble takes a good , confident penalty - he's proved that at U23 level. No doubt that he should be automatic choice for taking them.

Good result for you lads last night, eh boys. :o

That finale left me feeling the best I've felt for ages at the football.. Walking up Green St, the crowd was boyant instead of grumbling for a change.

That's been our game in hand for ages since it was called of in August, so we couldn't really tell how well we were doing in the table.. Now we have the points!

That finale left me feeling the best I've felt for ages at the football.. Walking up Green St, the crowd was boyant instead of grumbling for a change.

That's been our game in hand for ages since it was called of in August, so we couldn't really tell how well we were doing in the table.. Now we have the points!

I hope that you weren't one of those who slumped out before the final whistle, quite understandably expecting the draw.

That'll teach 'em. :D

I hope that you weren't one of those who slumped out before the final whistle, quite understandably expecting the draw.

That'll teach 'em. :D

Great result Weds night, but when his Curbs going to drop Boa Morte ??? How many more chances is he going to miss, over the last few weeks l've lost count !!

Can't believe Kirkland and James get the nodd over Green, very strange. Just hope he dose'nt go now in the believe that a top 4 club will bring him the England shirt.

Well if we win the game in hand we have, were right in there for the european spots, who would have thought that at the start of the season.

Go on the cockney boys !!!!!!!!

"Classic West Ham - brilliant against the top teams and dreadful against poor ones." :o

Yes, I'm afraid it was on the cards but it's funny how you never quite get used to it; just when you think we are going to go on an extended run, a team like Wigan, Bolton will put a whippet in the works or something similar. :D I suppose it's part of being a West Ham United supporter but I'm still enjoying the season and we could easily have been playing scunthorpe this year. :D Looking forward to the Fulham game :D

Another Hammer checking in people, on Samui..Strong rumours that Bellamy is out for the Season Guys, Curbs really really hsouyld have bought a Striker in the Window & not relied on " when they're all fit " mentality that he seems to have especially with Ashton now looking like the Player he was before the Ankle break..I still think we'll have too much for B'ham & will beat them by 2 clear goals..

Yesterday was a disgrace

Not as if the team weren't dire enough in the 2nd half - but those so called "fans" who booed the team at the end. I really wish that they'd f-off and support some other team to be honest. In 53 years of supporting West Ham I've never booed anyone wearing the claret and blue and never would do. Gawd knows what sort of fair weather supporters that we'll attract at the new ground (if and when). :D

BTW

Welcome to the 'happy Hammers' thread MSingh :o

Edited by Happy Hammer

Yesterday was a disgrace

Not as if the team weren't dire enough in the 2nd half - but those so called "fans" who booed the team at the end. I really wish that they'd f-off and support some other team to be honest. In 53 years of supporting West Ham I've never booed anyone wearing the claret and blue and never would do. Gawd knows what sort of fair weather supporters that we'll attract at the new ground (if and when). :D

BTW

Welcome to the 'happy Hammers' thread MSingh :D

We looked bright enough up to the point when Birmingham got the penalty and before the second half came around. After that 'dire' sums it up and we never looked like scoring. The only encouraging thing was Freddie; finally he looked up to speed. As for the booing I'm afraid there have always been a few boo boys at the Boleyn . Remember the coating Alan Taylor, Geoff Pike and a lot of others used to get. Not what I call being supporter but everyone deals with misery in their own way I suppose. :o

Yesterday was a disgrace

BTW

Welcome to the 'happy Hammers' thread MSingh :o

Thank you HH, my view on the booing is, even though i wouldn't boo myself, these people pay extortionate amounts of money to be " entertained " these days at UP & if they don't feel they're getting their vamue for money that they go to work each day of the week to pay for, letting the entertainers know what they think about their performance isn't out of order at all, especially at the end of the Game, unfortunately though it is sometimes during the game which doesn't help in the slightest i feel...

The Football being played in Home Games this season has ben pretty poor overall & certaily NOT worth the 600 GBP plus that a Season Ticket would cost..

Off the top of my head, performances that have been bad to poor are, Bolton, T*tteham, Wigan, Man City, B'ham, Everton twice, Plymouth & even the Sunderland & Boro Games, although winning, were not good performances at all..

Away Season Tickets were certainly the way forward for this Season in my eyes.. :D

my view on the booing is, even though i wouldn't boo myself, these people pay extortionate amounts of money to be " entertained " these days at UP & if they don't feel they're getting their vamue for money that they go to work each day of the week to pay for, letting the entertainers know what they think about their performance isn't out of order at all, especially at the end of the Game, unfortunately though it is sometimes during the game which doesn't help in the slightest i feel...

The Football being played in Home Games this season has ben pretty poor overall & certaily NOT worth the 600 GBP plus that a Season Ticket would cost..

I understand you and keddy's logic. I also have been known to to groan when certain players have come on or been anounced on the team sheet Not to mention a few ripe comments hurled at players from the old CR (mainly oppostion players to be fair - arr is that why Lawro doesn't like us :D ) But this booing is well out of order imho. Remember the Semi's against Forest at Villa Park anyone ? It was the proudest moment in the history of WHU support. 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 , 4-0 and we just got louder after each goal against.

But there is a distinct difference between home and travelling away supporters.

Anyway yeah, what riles me more is getting on certain players backs. I had to laugh at a comment over on KUMB when discussing the booing of LBM, one bloke wrote "I thought it was because he was black" :D But history has proven that there's a serious point made there as well to be honest.

I don't know if anyone was involved with the Brown Out !!! campaign ? I was pretty much with all that at the time. What pi**ed me off was that they refused to back any campaign to get Roeder out, when it was blatently obvious before Christmas that if he stayed we were going to go down. The logic? "We don't want to destabalise the team" :o

I just wonder if any of that crew now boo individual players and the team after any below par performance (mostly at home , agreed). If anyone watched Manu and Citeh yesterday then you'd have seen that Manure were as bad as us , but not one boo - that I heard anyway. Perhaps that lot of glory hunters don't have the same passion? But that's a cliche to be frank. As anyone whose been to Old Trafford will testify. And how much do they pay for ST's ?

Let's face it, our more negative vocal supporters just haven't got behind Curbs : they just criticise the bloke because they don't reckon that he's got charisma. :D

They fail to see the objective fact that he's done more than well , taking all things into account. And he's West Ham. A lot live in dream land, wanting Mourinho (as if) , or someone similar, as our manager and the glory of being a 'big club'. But that ain't West Ham- never was and never will be - so a lot just better accept it or live with the same frustration as Totts supporters - in fact why don't they go there and feel more 'at home'. :bah:

Alright, I'm 'old school' West Ham (and proud) , but I do take some comfort at least in knowing the one other West Ham in Cha-Am agrees in the main - and he's 20+ years younger than me.

Rant over. :D

my view on the booing is, even though i wouldn't boo myself, these people pay extortionate amounts of money to be " entertained " these days at UP & if they don't feel they're getting their vamue for money that they go to work each day of the week to pay for, letting the entertainers know what they think about their performance isn't out of order at all, especially at the end of the Game, unfortunately though it is sometimes during the game which doesn't help in the slightest i feel...

I understand you and keddy's logic. I also have been known to to groan when certain players have come on or been anounced on the team sheet Not to mention a few ripe comments hurled at players from the old CR (mainly oppostion players to be fair - arr is that why Lawro doesn't like us :D ) But this booing is well out of order imho. Remember the Semi's against Forest at Villa Park anyone ? It was the proudest moment in the history of WHU support. 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 , 4-0 and we just got louder after each goal against.

But there is a distinct difference between home and travelling away supporters.

Anyway yeah, what riles me more is getting on certain players backs. I had to laugh at a comment over on KUMB when discussing the booing of LBM, one bloke wrote "I thought it was because he was black" :D But history has proven that there's a serious point made there as well to be honest.

I don't know if anyone was involved with the Brown Out !!! campaign ? I was pretty much with all that at the time. What pi**ed me off was that they refused to back any campaign to get Roeder out, when it was blatently obvious before Christmas that if he stayed we were going to go down. The logic? "We don't want to destabalise the team" :o

I just wonder if any of that crew now boo individual players and the team after any below par performance (mostly at home , agreed). If anyone watched Manu and Citeh yesterday then you'd have seen that Manure were as bad as us , but not one boo - that I heard anyway. Perhaps that lot of glory hunters don't have the same passion? But that's a cliche to be frank. As anyone whose been to Old Trafford will testify. And how much do they pay for ST's ?

Let's face it, our more negative vocal supporters just haven't got behind Curbs : they just criticise the bloke because they don't reckon that he's got charisma. :D

They fail to see the objective fact that he's done more than well , taking all things into account. And he's West Ham. A lot live in dream land, wanting Mourinho (as if) , or someone similar, as our manager and the glory of being a 'big club'. But that ain't West Ham- never was and never will be - so a lot just better accept it or live with the same frustration as Totts supporters - in fact why don't they go there and feel more 'at home'. :bah:

Alright, I'm 'old school' West Ham (and proud) , but I do take some comfort at least in knowing the one other West Ham in Cha-Am agrees in the main - and he's 20+ years younger than me.

Rant over. :D

I was there at Villa Park HH & that too was one of the best days of my life..

I actually heard Tony Gale on saturday during the commentary say that he didn't hold any grudges against Keith Hackett for what happened that day & i thought to myself " i bet there are a few thousand people in that Stadium that would disagree with you Tony " .. :bah:

Anyway, this year was all about consolidation, i don't think under Curbishley it can be anything better than that really but we needed it this year after the last few years, not sure what the plan of BG will be at the end of this year but we'll see, i personally think he will give Curbs a cushy number within the Club as a " thank you " for keepi9ng us up last year & consolidating...

• 2 weeks later...
Bellamy confirmed out for a while on teh Official Site now ( You heard it here first though :D )..

Heard it first on Monday by someone who posts all the newspaper roundups on westhamonline actually. :D

Roll on Saturday, i need my fix...

We really ought to win this one. :o

To be fair, we usually do over there.

Bellamy confirmed out for a while on teh Official Site now ( You heard it here first though :D )..

Heard it first on Monday by someone who posts all the newspaper roundups on westhamonline actually. :D

If we win I wonder if the Duke of Edinburgh might raise a smirk though he might already be pulling the strings from behind the scenes to ensure the victory, anyway. :D:D

If we win I wonder if the Duke of Edinburgh might raise a smirk though he might already be pulling the strings from behind the scenes to ensure the victory, anyway. :D:D

We also need to remember that the mighty Quashie is now fit again. It's hard to imaigine a greater comparison of the Titans than Quashie versus Konchesky, if the former should be allowed to grace the team again. :D

Edited by Happy Hammer