Tube and Tubeless tyres in mag wheels

2008bangkok

I have a moped that has mag wheels with tubless tyres in, last night i got a flat tyre so the guy put an innertube in the tyre as he couldnt repair a tubeless tyre.

My question is that somebody told me if you have mag wheels its best to have tubeless tyres as the tube can rub inside on the mag wheel and slice it making it flat.

Is this true or is it ok long term to have an innertube in a mag wheel because there are more repair shops locally that can fix a innertube than a tubeless tyre so id prefer to have one in.

Not sure of the advantages of having tubeless tyres.

If my memory serves me well the tyre/wheel seating 'bead' is different between tubed and  tubeless tyres. You can put a tube in a tubeless but not a tubeless tyre on a wheel designed for a tube..But saying that I would just buy a new tyre..

it is ok to run  tube like that.

but tubes tend t lose air faster than tubeless and 

the increased weight will decrease performance a little bit.

Repairing a tubeless tire is easy if you have a plug kit.

Not expensive.

I think aslong as its ok to use a tube ill do that, makes for easier repairing where I live.

If you doing some touring or going to remote areas, tubeless is easier to repair (plug) as the wheel normally doesn't need to be taken off the bike.
If your just talking about an inner city scooter, don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Tubeless much safer, do not deflate instantly, never had a puncture on my tubeless tyres, 7 years, on the tubed ones on another bike about 1 a month on average, so no contest as far as I am concerned

Rubbish...........

3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

I think aslong as its ok to use a tube ill do that, makes for easier repairing where I live.

As has been said it will be fine. I think I would keep the problem in the back of my mind. One day you will be riding past a tire shop and you will remember and then you can get the tube removed and the tire repaired. 

9 hours ago, transam said:

Rubbish...........

It's not rubbish, he is correct.

Perhaps you were unfortunate enough to have a tyre explode or something. but a tubeless tyre could get a puncture and it would take you a while to notice. Not so on a tubed tyre.

9 hours ago, macknife said:

It's not rubbish, he is correct.

Perhaps you were unfortunate enough to have a tyre explode or something. but a tubeless tyre could get a puncture and it would take you a while to notice. Not so on a tubed tyre.

Your word "could" says it all....In my long life of driving I have had slow punctures in tubed and tubeless tyres. I have had instant pressure loss in both types. My PCX has tubeless and had an instant pressure loss. Of course tubeless is safer but not fool proof regarding all punctures will be slow as stated.