Foodland supermarket coming to Royal Garden!

Jingthing

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

Let me explain the point which went over your head. The special breakfasts at Took Lae Dee are too small for real men. They are nothing more than a light snack. They appear to be good value, but most men would need 2 of them.

If I had a light snack, special breakfast at Took Lae Dee, I would order 2 extra eggs. That alone will add 30 baht to the price tag. That would still be a small meal.

Maybe it's a good deal for people like you who probably eat like birds.

If you're one of the people who go to Took Lae Dee to rub elbows with interesting characters, you need to get a life, because that's a weird fixation. I go to restaurants to eat good food, not to ogle at other customers.

Well u enjoy here often also chatting round with foreigners so that seems like the same thing as in tuk la dee but then with food...Do u take 4 portions of beacon with your 4 eggs?

Edited by Destiny1990

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

Well u enjoy here often also chatting round with foreigners so that seems like the same thing as in tuk la dee but then with food...Do u take 4 portions of beacon with the 4 eggs?

I rarely eat bacon. I also don't go to Took Lae Dee for breakfast specials. I normally eat there late at night when I'm shopping. I don't go to restaurants to socialize - I'm there with my wife. I do see a certain regular (strange) crowd there, though. It's a strange place to go to socialize IMO.

I cook breakfast at home, and 4 eggs is a minimum - it's usually more. 

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

I rarely eat bacon. I also don't go to Took Lae Dee for breakfast specials. I normally eat there late at night when I'm shopping. I don't go to restaurants to socialize - I'm there with my wife. I do see a certain regular (strange) crowd there, though. It's a strange place to go to socialize IMO.

I cook breakfast at home, and 4 eggs is a minimum - it's usually more. 

Och well i was only curious.The one in Bangkok in suk soi 5 once a while i end up in a nice conversation with one of my neighbors.

21 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Och well i was only curious.The one in Bangkok in suk soi 5 once a while i end up in a nice conversation with one of my neighbors.

Well, I have had the odd conversation with other foreigners there. It does happen.  

Edited by tropo

54 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well u enjoy here often also chatting round with foreigners so that seems like the same thing as in tuk la dee but then with food...Do u take 4 portions of beacon with your 4 eggs?

LOL> all this talk about eggs made me hungry. I just cooked up 4 and ate them with some fresh Foodland tomatoes.:smile:

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> all this talk about eggs made me hungry. I just cooked up 4 and ate them with some fresh Foodland tomatoes.:smile:

Yes foodland have nice and good priced tomatoes.Ever checked up on your cholesterol?I eat like 4-5 eggs in a week max.

13 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes foodland have nice and good priced tomatoes.Ever checked up on your cholesterol?I eat like 4-5 eggs in a week max.

High cholesterol and eggs is a myth that doesn't die. It causes people to shun an amazing and delicious source of protein. 4-5 eggs a week? For me it's 4 - 5 egg cartons (10's) per week LOL.

Yes, I get my cholesterol checked every 2 - 3 months. I've had good cholesterol numbers when my daily consumption was 6 - 8 eggs a day. I've had bad numbers on low egg consumption. Bottom line, it doesn't influence my cholesterol... it's other factors.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

High cholesterol and eggs is a myth that doesn't die. It causes people to shun an amazing and delicious source of protein. 4-5 eggs a week? For me it's 4 - 5 egg cartons (10's) per week LOL.

Yes, I get my cholesterol checked every 2 - 3 months. I've had good cholesterol numbers when my daily consumption was 6 - 8 eggs a day. I've had bad numbers on low egg consumption. Bottom line, it doesn't influence my cholesterol... it's other factors.

Interesting maybe i need to upper my egg intake to 5-6 eggs weekly?

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

Interesting maybe i need to upper my egg intake to 5-6 eggs weekly?

LOL> (this is getting off topic although I do buy a lot of eggs at Foodland)

My father died of a heart attack at age 49. My mother has always thought of eggs as public enemy number one. When I went back to visit her and she asked me what I wanted for breakfast I asked for 4 eggs (I wanted 6 but I thought I better take it easy). She wouldn't cook them so I had to do it myself. SHE nearly had a heart attack. She thought I was insane and that I may have a heart attack after breakfast. Too many people have an irrational fear of eggs.

At least splash out on 2 a day. If you don't believe it's ok, have your cholesterol checked now and again after a month on 2 a day. I'd be really interested in seeing your results.

5 hours ago, tropo said:

Let me explain the point which went over your head. The special breakfasts at Took Lae Dee are too small for real men. They are nothing more than a light snack. They appear to be good value, but most men would need 2 of them.

If I had a light snack, special breakfast at Took Lae Dee, I would order 2 extra eggs. That alone will add 30 baht to the price tag. That would still be a small meal.

Maybe it's a good deal for people like you who probably eat like birds.

If you're one of the people who go to Took Lae Dee to rub elbows with interesting characters, you need to get a life, because that's a weird fixation. I go to restaurants to eat good food, not to ogle at other customers.

Unlike you, some birds like eagles eat quite hearty carnivorous diets which they expend a great amount of energy to hunt down. 

Sounds like you may be overeating and/or overweight if the regular Took breakfast is too small for you. I am not sure most people would consider binge-eating to be manly....maybe just the opposite.  Try eating more frequently with smaller portion sizes, and get some exercise.

With your family medical history and aggressive personality I would keep an eye on the high blood pressure as much as the cholesterol.....high blood pressure is the silent killer.

Regarding eggs, and too pre-debunk any of your future straw-man rants, let's go with a slightly more credible source than yourself, the Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/expert-answers/cholesterol/faq-20058468

Re eggs, they state ,

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, one large egg has about 186 mg milligrams (mg) of cholesterol — all of which is found in the yolk.

When deciding whether to include eggs in your diet, consider the recommended daily limits on cholesterol in your food:

• If you are healthy, consume no more than 300 mg of cholesterol a day.
  • If you have diabetes, high cholesterol or heart disease, limit the daily cholesterol intake to no more than 200 mg a day.

Your excessive daily amount is off the charts.

Therefore the eggs offer is off the table.  The yolk is on you, so stop getting so egg-cited.

5 minutes ago, tazly said:

Unlike you, some birds like eagles eat quite hearty carnivorous diets which they expend a great amount of energy to hunt down. 

Sounds like you may be overeating and/or overweight if the regular Took breakfast is too small for you. I am not sure most people would consider binge-eating to be manly....maybe just the opposite.  Try eating more frequently with smaller portion sizes, and get some exercise.

With your family medical history and aggressive personality I would keep an eye on the high blood pressure as much as the cholesterol.....high blood pressure is the silent killer.

I'm lean, have normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels are fine, but thanks for your concern. That Mayo info if ancient crap. The info is 3 decades old. You'd do well to find a better source of health information.

The breakfasts are small by any normal man's measure. If that's sufficient food for you, you definitely eat like a sparrow (I should have been more specific before). Perhaps it's not the breakfast you're interested in, but socializing with all the interesting characters you meet there. The breakfast is just an excuse for you to catch up on "friends".

• 4 weeks later...

Such a pity Foodland had 2 sites - Tepprasit and down near Ambassador City but seem to have dropped them. Anybody who lives outside town in Na-Jomtien and further along would love to have a decent supermarket somewhere they didn't have to drive right into town! 

I read an news article about one and half year ago how foodland was planning to roll out soon 20 new branches on various locations in combination with an korean pizza shop formula however nothing rolling out yet.

They built one in Korat, Terminal 21, restaurant is Huge, 10x the size of Foodland Restaurant on Klang

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I confess to often being up at 3am to 6am and not due to waking up early, so this will be great for me (Friendship's gap hours are now covered)

You should remain at home during this time.  3 am to 6 am is the time when ladyboys in Pattaya reveal their masculine side as they roam the streets hunting down farangs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 9:07 PM, champa said:

Official confirmed by Foodland, the new branch at Royal Garden will be opened by May. 

Interesting they've come full circle location wise.

I remember when the only grocery store with some expat content in Pattaya was Spinneys near the beach end of Soi Post Office, before they moved up to 2nd Rd which since closed as well. Then Foodland opened it was a right PITA going all up the top of Pattaya Klang but they were better value than Spinneys. Nice to see they've returned to the beach not far from where the old Spinneys was.

16 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I remember when the only grocery store with some expat content in Pattaya was Spinneys near the beach end of Soi Post Office, before they moved up to 2nd Rd which since closed as well. Then Foodland opened //

Do you remember which year FoodLand opened ?

And FriendShip on South Road ?

32 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Do you remember which year FoodLand opened ?

And FriendShip on South Road ?

Yes he does...but do not ask him what he ate for dinner last night because he can not remember.

Edited by Destiny1990