Ghost rider killed in a head on collision in Phuket

rooster59

Ghost rider killed in a head on collision in Phuket 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1491018524_1.jpg

PHUKET: An 62-year-old Phuket motorcyclist died at the scene after he was struck by a car driven by a British woman on Thepkrasattri Rd.

At 9:05 pm yesterday (Mar 31), Lt Col Sunan Petchanoo of Thalang Police received information of a fatal road accident in front of Shell petrol station on Phuket's main highway Thepkrasattri Rd.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene with to find a Toyota Vios saloon with heavily damaged front and a wrecked Honda Dream motorbike pushed against the gate of Shell station.

The rider of the motorbike, named by police as Mr Pongsak Sripheuk, 62, was lying dead on the side of the road. The driver of the Vios saloon, Ms Jayne Pauline Watt, 31, from Glasgow, UK sustained minor injuries and was taken to Thalang Hospital to undergo physical examination.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ghost-rider-killed-in-a-head-on-collision-in-phuket-61639.php#C5e4WpPdLhGS0qF2.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-01

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another statistic of riding a bike in the wrong direction.....the foreigner driving the strike vehicle will no doubt be under extreme pressure to admit fault..........<deleted> these stupid motorcyclists.....!

I have nearly been wiped out a couple of times by things on the wrong side of the road.

One had a bag in the front basket which blocked out the headlights completely and I missed a crash by centimeters.

I have little sympathy for people that wipe themselves out driving stupidly, but I feel extremely sad for those they injure and kill while they are doing it.

15 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I have nearly been wiped out a couple of times by things on the wrong side of the road.

One had a bag in the front basket which blocked out the headlights completely and I missed a crash by centimeters.

I have little sympathy for people that wipe themselves out driving stupidly, but I feel extremely sad for those they injure and kill while they are doing it.

Me too. And I'm sure you know also the follow situation: You set your indicator to turn right, slow down your vehicle and suddenly  a idiot overtake you on the right side. Even if someone don't have a driving license, he should realize the danger of such maneuvers.

2 hours ago, madmax2 said:

The motorbike rider is definitely in the wrong for riding on the wrong side of the road against the traffic flow , why cannot the BIB work this out, the lady did nothing wrong and should be compensated  

But.......She is not Thai.......

Had nearly a similar situation leaving a petrol station onto a dual carriage ..checked for any traffic coming from my right ..all clear only suddenly I see 'a bloody idiot' riding a motorbike coming from the left ...insane !!!!

Edited by rmacee

The poor farang lady will be made out to be in the wrong and pay a squillion baht to the family.

Reasoning: If the farang hadn't come to Thailand, the Thai person wouldn't have been killed.

Money paid, case closed.

Amazing journalism, when wil these people stop defending their own stupidity.

How about

Thai man kills himself - Riding down wrong carriage way wrecking a British woman's car in the process of his suicide. 

The family of the dead man have taken responsibility for the uninsured motorcyclists action and of course will be reimbursing the driver for any hospital bills and damage to her vehicle ..

What day is it? 

9 minutes ago, mr_lob said:

The poor farang lady will be made out to be in the wrong and pay a squillion baht to the family.

Reasoning: If the farang hadn't come to Thailand, the Thai person wouldn't have been killed.

Money paid, case closed.

Hopefully the lady has a good car insurance policy that will pay all the claims  ... and that she was driving with all documents in order and passes any sobriety tests.

2 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Me too. And I'm sure you know also the follow situation: You set your indicator to turn right, slow down your vehicle and suddenly  a idiot overtake you on the right side. Even if someone don't have a driving license, he should realize the danger of such maneuvers.

I once made a near-fatal error when about to turn right into a side street, from the centre of the road.   I had the indicator on, and one last check in the mirror, and a speeding truck roared past on my right.

It taught me a lesson, never to assume that drivers have any idea about traffic safety.

Money paid, case closed.

Nonsense. This claim had been refuted many times, it's an urban myth.

sent using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Many have no road sense and therefore should not have a licence. They do not understand the risk they are putting themselves under. But then school kids ride to school with pillions and no helmet, things apparently  not policed at all at least in my locale.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Hopefully the lady has a good car insurance policy that will pay all the claims  ... and that she was driving with all documents in order and passes any sobriety tests.

Even the so called 1st class insurance will not give her a replacement vehicle. If she is lucky she will get her vehicle bacl hopefully in good condition within 4 weeks or so. If she has bad luck she will be without vehicle for 3 months or more. If she has really bad luck she will ha e problems with the vehicle too after it has been repaired... And nobody will compensate her for this..

12 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

Many have no road sense and therefore should not have a licence. They do not understand the risk they are putting themselves under. But then school kids ride to school with pillions and no helmet, things apparently  not policed at all at least in my locale.

They understand, they just dont have any patience and are willing to gamble to save a minute or even just a second or two.

1 minute ago, hobz said:

They understand, they just dont have any patience and are willing to gamble to save a minute or even just a second or two.

That's true. Even it makes no sense to hurry. Also for red light jumpers. Then they have to wait on the next red light.

15 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

He likely didn't have a licence , the wife and all the neighbours as far as I know don't have one licence between them.  Oh and TW has her family here right now 2 have used her scooter , no hats worn , no licences and no idea.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think many of us (car drivers) got this experience already and this will happen in the future again. Of course it's sad that one died, but also the car's driver will be shocked and will not forget this fatal accident. On top she will be charged for compensation because of "farang" is ATM. Hard time for her. Be strong!

43 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Indeed, and also the final resting position of the car seems strange.

Probably the dead weight of the body that caused most of the extensive damage to the car

I cant help you with its position, after the collision 

3 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Hope the guy had insurance , otherwise they will try to put the blame on the woman.

Get real. Motorcycle all have basic government insurance that covers no mechanical damage and very limited medical expenses.

4 hours ago, mr_lob said:

Money paid, case closed.

Yawn yawn. Seen people write this a thousand times. It gets boring. Try to write something original next time. Something sensible.