Man foiled by Farang's foul feet speaks out on his ordeal

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

It was not about foot customs (which she might not be aware of) - it was about BO.  As a former traveler on vans (for visa runs) I have experience with that and indeed found many westerners to have less than pleasant odors in such confined spaces. 

Yeah, right. Just westerners eh?

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, right. Just westerners eh?

Yeah right - just westerners in my experience - so bad that I started to use taxi transport to avoid.  Not that we all stink - but know I have been ripe at times - and do not find this often among Thai.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why is her gender a factor? Never heard of "women's lib"? Women have fought for and won equality with men ( and I have no argument with that ), but that means they have to accept being treated the same as men. If she wants to behave like an inconsiderate moron, she can be treated like one accordingly.

You seem to misunderstand "women's lib".

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

She's probably just uninformed as to the etiquette and customs of Thailand re: feet...

This is the first time I hear that it is part of "the etiquette and customs" of France to put one's feet up on the head rest of another seat when that seat is not occupied.

Edited by Puccini

58 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

so, you condone her being beaten for this crime of the century?

Maybe you need to take a moment and think about it. 

She wasn't beaten, colinneil was using a figure of speech.  Maybe you need to take a moment and think about it.

2 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Only a weak, pathetic man would condone violence against a woman. Grow some balls.

I worked in a female dominated occupation for most of my working life. I used to be like you before I did so, but actually working with them cured me of all that. Women can be really vicious but they know they can get away with it because a man won't hit them.

Now I treat them like any other person I might meet.

2 hours ago, TerrylSky said:

That's disgusting... what kind of ignorant, self centered, impolite, lazy, disrespectful person would be so inconsiderate as to put their feet up on a Thai persons seat, 30 cm from his head? No wonder so many Thais dislike Farang and consider them sub standard!  Hope she is leaving soon... if not, deport her... maybe there is a portrait of the king above her little toes.

WOW I better re-read that article on changing times and attitudes I think we have a live on here. 

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

We're going through this AGAIN?!

Its unacceptable in (I think) ANY culture to stick your feet inches away from a strangers' head in a confined space!

As I think they outlawed water boarding I think they are going to replace it with this. Just put a box around the interrogated head and stuff it with old socks. 

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

but it never occured to him to address her directly politely and explain to her the error of her ways?

it would have taken me exactly words to solve the issue.

"move your feet"

Actually, he did. If you watch the video he clearly uses what English he has, and remember this is Thailand and she's French. He says "No" and gestures to move the feet. She clearly understands and moves one before putting it quickly back with a "fcku you" arrogant glance.

Just an arrogant low class smelly French woman with no manners and attitude. 

H e should have complained to the crew.

8 minutes ago, AigburthH said:

She wasn't beaten, colinneil was using a figure of speech.  Maybe you need to take a moment and think about it.

Aaahhh, I get it now,.... "needs a damn good slap" is a metaphor for intelligent discussion. 

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I worked in a female dominated occupation for most of my working life. I used to be like you before I did so, but actually working with them cured me of all that. Women can be really vicious but they know they can get away with it because a man won't hit them.

Now I treat them like any other person I might meet.

I'm truly sorry that you have had the misfortune to meet physically aggressive Western women - but you'll have your work cut out convincing me this is 'the norm'!

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Actually, he did. If you watch the video he clearly uses what English he has, and remember this is Thailand and she's French. He says "No" and gestures to move the feet. She clearly understands and moves one before putting it quickly back with a "fcku you" arrogant glance.

Just an arrogant low class smelly French woman with no manners and attitude. 

H e should have complained to the crew.

agreed, however i am surprised he did actually address her. 

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

so, you condone her being beaten for this crime of the century?

Maybe you need to take a moment and think about it. 

I'd hardly call a slap a beating. Maybe he should have just started tickling the offending feet.

1 minute ago, AigburthH said:

Back pedaling?  From what?  That was my first comment on this thread!

Sorry, just seemed like you were trying to downgrade "a damn good slap" to a "figure of speech" on Colin's behalf. Anyway, enough guys, let's stop all this "she deserves a slap" nonsense, she put her feet (in cleanish looking socks) on an unoccupied headrest for goodness sake..... keep it real.