Couple puts ‘Pacquiao’ their pit bull up for adoption after severe attack

snoop1130

Couple puts ‘Pacquiao’ their pit bull up for adoption after severe attack

By Coconuts Bangkok

9532.JPG

Photo: Thonglor Pet Hospital

A Thai couple decided to put Pacquiao, their two-year-old pit bull, up for adoption after the dog attacked them twice at their home in Pathum Thani, resulting in the couple calling rescue volunteers for help.

The dog’s owner Janejira Kongkon, 23, said the dog bit her on the neck and hand on Saturday when she was trying to pet it when it was eating.

On Monday, as she attempted to get out of the house, the pit bull attempted to make another attack on her, but her boyfriend came to her rescue and got bitten on both legs as a result.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/couple-puts-pacquiao-pitbull-adoption-severe-attack/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-4-19

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to pet it whilst it was eating, some dog owners don't have a clue. If some-one patted me on the head when I was eating I might bite them too. Another case of a ruined dog through stupid owners, probably too late to do anything with it.

4 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Even my medium size crossed breed dogs, usually docile, will bite is stroked while they are eating. Most dogs will. But pitbulls, the breed should be banned anyway. Not suitable to be kept as family pets.

They are banned in Thailand.

1 minute ago, jvs said:

I did not know that,i better not tell my dog then.

If you do keep a pitbull, why?

Last year I visited a dog show at the Chiang Mai conference centre. There was this big thugish tattooed English guy showing off his pitbulls. I could hardly believe my eyes as to how huge these dogs become. Massive. Looking at them was scary realising that if one of those dogs attached a human, the person would be ripped to pieces. These dogs are not cute adorable family pets, it`s like having a demon brute in the home that could turn at any moment. They`re nasty and should be eradicated.

pitbull.jpg

4 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Last year I visited a dog show at the Chiang Mai conference centre. There was this big thugish tattooed English guy showing off his pitbulls. I could hardly believe my eyes as to how huge these dogs become. Massive. Looking at them was scary realising that if one of those dogs attached a human, the person would be ripped to pieces. These dogs are not cute adorable family pets, it`s like having a demon brute in the home that could turn at any moment. They`re nasty and should be eradicated.

pitbull.jpg

So any creature that you consider scary, not cute or adorable, nasty demon brutes should be eradicated? That's not really the solution. 

I love dogs but am very wary (read scared sh*tless around pitbulls) but I would never suggest having the entire breed eradicated just because of a few bad stories about them. 

Any animal or human can turn nasty if provoked too often. 

Every dog I have owned and the two I have now have no objection to being stroked or interupted while they are eating. We can both, SWMBO and self,  pick up the bowls at any time and/or add something at any time. If we pick up the bowls halfway through eating the dogs will just sit and wait until the bowls are given back to them.

It's a strange thing called 'training'. Something I rarely see with dog owners all over, not just here.

The dog in question here does not need adoption, it needs a lead weight in its' left ear put in using a Colt 45.

Every dog I have owned and the two I have now have no objection to being stroked or interupted while they are eating. We can both, SWMBO and self,  pick up the bowls at any time and/or add something at any time. If we pick up the bowls halfway through eating the dogs will just sit and wait until the bowls are given back to them.
It's a strange thing called 'training'. Something I rarely see with dog owners all over, not just here.
The dog in question here does not need adoption, it needs a lead weight in its' left ear put in using a Colt 45.

Absolutely correct. Food training is part of raising a dog. I used to put my hand in the food when my dog was a puppy and take it away as well. It was all part of training the dog to know that the food was mine and not his.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Trying to pet it whilst it was eating, some dog owners don't have a clue. If some-one patted me on the head when I was eating I might bite them too. Another case of a ruined dog through stupid owners, probably too late to do anything with it.

i dont know about their training but i have  2 full big medium sized thai dogs which i rescued. I can put my hands into my dogs dishes and mouth and in between their mouths and food when they eat with no problems at all. my dogs will never bite me, its really up to the training.

I have seen my friend's chihuahua growl fiercely when my friend tried to touch him when he is eating as well. 

6 minutes ago, bangkokbanjo said:

Absolutely correct. Food training is part of raising a dog. I used to put my hand in the food when my dog was a puppy and take it away as well. It was all part of training the dog to know that the food was mine and not his.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I started by hand feeding, a bit messy, from the bowl and sometimes lifting the bowl and pretending to eat some myself, the dogs very quickly came to accept that all the 'pack' had to share but 'big boss' controlled it.

Then again having dogs with a brain, GSD, helps.

becos of the size and power of the dog(pitbulls), it will be dangerous if the owners r not properly trained themselves to train the dog.

Do not blame the dog if he misbehave, he is just being an animal. Instead punish the humans for not putting in the effort to handle it themselves.

If this breed is banned in Thailand, I have seen many times Thais bringing their pitbulls out. again its the complete disregard of the laws here putting themselves and others at risk for not being responsible citizens.

10 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

i dont know about their training but i have  2 full big medium sized thai dogs which i rescued. I can put my hands into my dogs dishes and mouth and in between their mouths and food when they eat with no problems at all. my dogs will never bite me, its really up to the training.

I have seen my friend's chihuahua growl fiercely when my friend tried to touch him when he is eating as well. 

If a dog growls at you when you go near it's food you are no longer in charge of the dog. It's in charge of you.

The only good thing about those little Mexican rats is that housebreakers are frightened of them because they may trip over them in the dark and hurt themselves.

???

Just now, overherebc said:

If a dog growls at you when you go near it's food you are no longer in charge of the dog. It's in charge of you.

The only good thing about those little Mexican rats is that housebreakers are frightened of them because they may trip over them in the dark and hurt themselves.

???

I have had dogs in my family from the day I was born. My grandma taught me everything about dogs. She was an expert herself. All her dogs would listen to each and every of her commands. 

I am just disgusted at these irresponsible owners trying to pass the problem to someone else be they try to understand their own son, and work with him. 

Having a dog is like having a family member. They r stupid in wanting to own a Pitbull a big power breed b4 training themselves. 

they should start with a toy breed 1st. that is the problem with many of the people here. they see the cute little puppies or want to show off they got a big power breed for image but dont understand anything or educate themselves properly.

all my dogs r super well trained and they even run the tread mill at my condo's gym on their own at my command for exercise if i dont have time to bring them out.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

pitbull.jpg

That is one big Pit. Never seen one this big. Size of its head

9 minutes ago, DaveE13 said:

That is one big Pit. Never seen one this big. Size of its head

They look so intelligent(not).

I know one guy, expat, who has a couple of them. I've spoken to one of his ex-girlfriends who assures me they are his compensation for a lack of anything else big.

?

Edited by overherebc

It has bitten two people. Put it down now, before it does it again. Stupid owners for interrupting it while eating, but now too late.

I am a dog lover. I have had my dog for 10 years but I would have him put down the first time he bit anyone.

The dog will do it again.

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A Thai couple decided to put Pacquiao, their two-year-old pit bull, up for adoption....

Perhaps, Angelina Jolie might be interested in adopting...considering she no longer has the other Pit.

Sorry to hear so many negative opinions about pitbulls.Are they really illegal to have in Thailand?

I have seen them at dog shows so i do not think you can not own a pitbull here in Thailandbut i could be wrong.

Our pitbull is 18 months old now and an absolute joy to have a round.

We live somewhat outside and alone and he is supposed to be our security.

We have many animals and he does not touch any of them,he absolutely loves people!

We never had to punish him physically,a word is enough.

He loves going with us in the car and he is very friendly to new people he meets.

If you need prove you can pm me and visit us.

I have never told him he is a pitbull and i am sure he does not realize it either.

He looks fierce and is very strong but a danger to us ?

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Take it down the dentist and get it's teeth removed.

or put it down.

I love dog's     but dangerous dogs,  they can die  :shock1:

Pitbull,   is a drug dealers or fighters dog.

So you are calling me a drug dealer?

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

pitbull.jpg

Thanks for showing your ignorance. like all people that know nothing about this breed you believe every dog that has a fat head and is part bully is a "pitbull". No such breed even exists the APBT as a registered breed looks nothing like that anyone that owns a pitty knows this. I could go on and on but this topic is to divisive. Reasonable people realise it's not the dog it's environment and the owner everytime. Oh and you want big? How about rotties, Akitas, Cane Corso or all the other large breeds? In this case however this dog like all dogs that bite humans should be put down immediately. 

Edited by starky

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Sorry to hear so many negative opinions about pitbulls.Are they really illegal to have in Thailand?

I have seen them at dog shows so i do not think you can not own a pitbull here in Thailandbut i could be wrong.

Our pitbull is 18 months old now and an absolute joy to have a round.

We live somewhat outside and alone and he is supposed to be our security.

We have many animals and he does not touch any of them,he absolutely loves people!

We never had to punish him physically,a word is enough.

He loves going with us in the car and he is very friendly to new people he meets.

If you need prove you can pm me and visit us.

I have never told him he is a pitbull and i am sure he does not realize it either.

He looks fierce and is very strong but a danger to us ?

Don't worry mate you can't win with ignorant people who only believe what the media wants them to believe. My family has owned and breed APBT's since the 70's around many many children guess what? Never an issue. Ive got 5 of them up on my farm, on the 3Rd Generation of APBT's in Thailand and guess what? Never an issue.  Muppets on here will tell you " just wait it's only a matter of time" and other shit but if you love nurture and train your dog, your pibble will be just like any other dog breed. Ignore ignorant haters. Oh and don't worry your dog isn't illegal at all more ignorant rubbish the APBT like many other breeds is on the banned for importation list but no it is not illegal to own an APBT in Thailand. 

Edited by starky

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

How many dogs you keep in a condo? Must be busy there i guess.

2! i am currently in a 1 bedroom condo. i am currently shopping around to buy a house this year.

then i am bringing another 2 more ( 2 thai dogs that i have kinda adopted around my shop) once i relocate to my new house.