PM puts forward 4 questions for the people to answer before the election

rooster59

PM puts forward 4 questions for the people to answer before the election

2605004.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has asked for feedback from the people about his four questions presented on Friday before the country go to the polls.

In his weekly nationwide address, the prime minister said that election, although an important integral part of democracy, does not mean full-fledged democracy. He added that he wanted to see democracy fail in Thailand, but would like Thailand to be democratic with a government that practices good governance and capable of leading the country towards sustainable prosperity and stability.

He went on saying that he wanted to cultivate the good values of democracy in the mindset of the Thai people, to set a new precedent for the country.

He listed his four questions as follows and said he would like feedback from the people.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-puts-forward-4-questions-people-answer-election/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-27

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anything he does is fine by me, The  Thais  should  feel truly blessed to get such an upstanding virtuous, honest "man of the people" guy as this, implementing the  will of his beloved people thinking only of the poor and needy in all cases, Im tempted to  call him Grandpa, Thailand, land of the free the greatest on earth, lovely wonderful, if only.....if only I could have  been born into such a wonderful place

11 minutes ago, Thailand said:

"He added that he wanted to see democracy fail in Thailand"

Objective achieved.

My finger hovers over the computer crimes report   button.....

Is he on drugs or something? Most Thais wouldn't even understand half of the questions, and I am at a total loss to understand how Prayuth is going to use the answers in any meaningful way. Or maybe the questions are supposed to be unanswerable, so there will be no need for elections anyway.

I only have a Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychologist and taught for many years in Thailand.  Still, sometimes, I have problems understanding how Thais think.  I read that there are four questions to be answered.  However, maybe because I am only a stupid person, compared to Thais, but reviewing the questions I read more than four.  Some of the so called four questions appear to contain multiple questions, rather like, in English, we often ask multiple questions in one sentence.  For example, and this type often leads to bafflement when asked of a Thai, "Would you like soup or salad?" Two questions in one.  Hey ho the merry Oh.

1. Do you think, in the next election, we will get a government which has good governance?

Of course not, this is Thailand where corruption exists in all walks of life, in every institution, from top to bottom.

What the next election will produce though is a government chosen by the people, and a government subject to scrutiny by opposition parties, the media, bureaucrats and the general public.

Democracy is not perfect, the only guarantee is that next government will provide better governance than the current government

2. If not, what will you do?

The same thing they do in every democracy in the rest of the world - vote them out.

The process does not need coups!

In fact, prior to the 2014 coup the government of the day was forced from office by people power alone.

Parliament was dissolved and early elections were called - without military intervention. 

Given the chance, democracy works better than any other system

What better proof could there be of this than Thailand - 13 successful coups over 85 years and it is still a basket case

Time for the military to butt out and allow the people to fix up the mess generations of military interference has created

3. Elections are an important and integral party of democracy, but elections alone without the regard for the future of the country and others is right or wrong?

Elections are iterative.

Depending on the system, every 3, 4 or 5 years the people get the chance to readdress the future of the country at the ballot box.

Is buying overpriced, unusable Chinese submarines on credit regarding the future?

Is disenfranchising the population or arbitrary detention under Section 44 regarding others?

Elections don't guarantee good governance but they certainly give it a chance whereas the absence of elections does guarantee bad governance - read any history book to confirm this fact.

4. Do you think bad politicians should be given a chance of political comeback;

Who's definition of "bad" are we using, I'm sure Reds, Yellows and Neutrals all have a different one.

Anyone eligible to stand for election under the laws of the land should be allowed to.

Who serves in parliament is a decision made by the people via the ballot box.

and if there is conflict again, who will solve it and by what means? -

Please refer to number 2 above.

Edited by Smarter Than You

This story reminds me of one that I read about Saddam Hussein who asked one of his generals to give him an honest answer on how he thought their war with Iran was going, when he answered that it wasn't going too well Saddam took him into another room and shot him, your better off lying. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Question 1: yes

Question 2: yes

Question 3: yes

Question 4: yes

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha   :wai:

Odd answers:

Q2) If not what will you do? ....Steven100 replied "Yes".  Not sure I understand your reply Steven? Or is it a purposely incorrect? 

You agreed with Q4 - Do you think that bad politicians should be given a chance of a comeback?  - I never thought you would be a fan of the shins and their extended merry band of men aka - UDD/PTP/TRT given your love the Junta. You do surprise. But nice to see you think everyone deserve a second (or third) chance in politics and that you have such an open mind. 

1. Do you think, in the next election, we will get a government which has good governance?

Isn't that the main reason why we go vote?

We will do nothing, someone else will decide for us, and block the roads

3. Election is an important integral party of democracy, but election alone without the regard for the future of the country and others is right or wrong?

Future? Is there any future beyond my next meal?

4. Do you think bad politicians should be given a chance of political comeback; and if there is conflict again, who will solve it and by what means?

We know for 80 years already who will solve conflicts, and by which means, and what is more they will create the conflicts which they want to solve.

3 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Odd answers:

Q2) If not what will you do? ....Steven100 replied "Yes".  Not sure I understand your reply Steven? Or is it a purposely incorrect? 

You agreed with Q4 - Do you think that bad politicians should be given a chance of a comeback?  - I never thought you would be a fan of the shins and their extended merry band of men aka - UDD/PTP/TRT given your love the Junta. You do surprise. But nice to see you think everyone deserve a second (or third) chance in politics and that you have such an open mind. 

It only shows that Steven100 says YES to everything that comes out of the general's mouth, without even listeing or thinking.

Isn't there a special word for that kind of people?

21 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Of course not, this is Thailand where corruption exists in all walks of life, in every institution, from top to bottom.

What the next election will produce though is a government chosen by the people, and a government subject to scrutiny by opposition parties, the media, bureaucrats and the general public.

Democracy is not perfect, the only guarantee is that next government will provide better governance than the current government

The same thing they do in every democracy in the rest of the world - vote them out.

The process does not need coups!

In fact, prior to the 2014 coup the government of the day was forced from office by people power alone.

Parliament was dissolved and early elections were called - without military intervention. 

Given the chance, democracy works better than any other system

What better proof could there be of this than Thailand - 13 successful coups over 85 years and it is still a basket case

Time for the military to butt out and allow the people to fix up the mess generations of military interference has created

3. Elections are an important and integral party of democracy, but elections alone without the regard for the future of the country and others is right or wrong?

Elections are iterative.

Depending on the system, every 3, 4 or 5 years the people get the chance to readdress the future of the country at the ballot box.

Is buying overpriced, unusable Chinese submarines on credit regarding the future?

Is disenfranchising the population or arbitrary detention under Section 44 regarding others?

Elections don't guarantee good governance but they certainly give it a chance whereas the absence of elections does guarantee bad governance - read any history book to confirm this fact.

4. Do you think bad politicians should be given a chance of political comeback;

Who's definition of "bad" are we using, I'm sure Reds, Yellows and Neutrals all have a different one.

Anyone eligible to stand for election under the laws of the land should be allowed to.

Who serves in parliament is a decision made by the people via the ballot box.

and if there is conflict again, who will solve it and by what means? -

Please refer to number 2 above.

SO much effort and your not even allowed to vote :smile:

I feel your far to lenient to politicians that mess up.. they should be held accountable..  If you launch something that everyone says is going to fail and damage the country and if you still do it and it damages the country they should be held accountable.. also corrupt politicians should not only be voted out but a court of law should take care of them too. So bad (as in convicted for corruption politicians) should never be able to come back and family should be banned too (controversial) so they can't act like proxies.. otherwise the system would never clean up.

22 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Odd answers:

sorry jon, I only answered yes to all because of all the No's.

correct answers :

1. Do you think, in the next election, we will get a government which has good governance? Not unless it's the Junta in control.

2. If not, what will you do?  leave thailand

3. Election is an important integral party of democracy, but election alone without the regard for the future of the country and others is right or wrong? wrong

4. Do you think bad politicians should be given a chance of political comeback; and if there is conflict again, who will solve it and by what means? No chance of comeback

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Question 1: No

Question 2: No

Question 3: No

Question 4: No

:wink:

are you Thai? if not - nobody asked YOU to answer anything. go back to you home country and answer whatever question you want there.