Pattaya Beach resurfacing begins

Rimmer

Pattaya Beach resurfacing begins

1248-n11Contractors1.jpg

PATTAYA:--With the sand cleared of beach chairs and umbrellas, city work crews set about reshaping the sand of Pattaya Beach.

Workers flipped over sand and removed rocks, garbage and other unwanted debris, then releveled the surface to make it both appealing to look at and walk on.

Sanya Taptimsri of the Engineering Department said tractors will work on the sand on a weekly basis.

Tilling the sand will allow city workers to collect unnecessary scrap or rubbish buried beneath, like sharp rocks, objects, wood and general rubbish.

However, the workers will not do the entire beach at once, but instead about 500 meters at a time so that the other sandy areas can be open for the public.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-beach-resurfacing-begins-179253

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-06-30

There are fully automated machines only requiring a driver that can do the beach cleaning...they should buy a couple and clean the beaches everyday....one less job for the already overworked "city cleaners" sweeping the streets all day with their "Harry Potter" brooms.

4 minutes ago, noahvail said:

500 square meters at a time? This single-operator machine cleans 15,000 per hour! 

I have heard of these machines. How many of these could they buy for the price of one submarine?

Edited by GaryB1263
syntax

Succeeding is preferable to trying. I don't want my brain surgeon to try, plucking out bits and pieces here and there. This machine is cheaper to run per square meter than the manual crew. It's orders of magnitude faster. Agree about the sand bar sucker, though, they help a bit after the hisacanes.

They believe that the beach will look tidier and more pleasant after the initial works and that they will complete the job by the end of July so that things can go back to normal.

Ummmm.  Bad news.  It's never completed.  By the time you get to the north end of the beach, the south end will need to be cleaned again.  

And after every high tide, especially in the wake of a storm.

Unless, of course, "back to normal" means a disgusting stretch of beach with trash all over.

12 minutes ago, GaryB1263 said:

I have heard of these machines. How many of these could they buy for the price of one submarine?

Depends on options, of which there are a tonne. Take the cost of a submarine divided by 25-50,000 USD, and you'll be pretty close. They can run virtually 24/7 so can do about 350,000 square meters every 24 hours, assuming it stays on the same beach. And no, I have no vested interest, I just like toys.

1 hour ago, johng said:

There are fully automated machines only requiring a driver that can do the beach cleaning...they should buy a couple and clean the beaches everyday....

Pattaya already has at least one such machine. Saw it an early morning. The weekly removal of chairs has in part be decided to allow such machines to work on the whole beach.

26 minutes ago, noahvail said:

500 square meters at a time? This single-operator machine cleans 15,000 per hour! 

Looks like you missed the difference between "500 meters of beach" and  "500 sqm of beach"...  :wink:

37 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Pattaya already has at least one such machine. Saw it an early morning. The weekly removal of chairs has in part be decided to allow such machines to work on the whole beach.

Looks like you missed the difference between "500 meters of beach" and  "500 sqm of beach"...  :wink:

How wide is the beach? This machine does 500 meters x 30 meters per hour. Is the beach 90 meters wide? 3 hours for the 500 meters. Do the maths.

17 hours ago, noahvail said:

But they've just spent the money on submarines, armoured trucks and Chinese trains..

31 minutes ago, dibley69 said:

But they've just spent the money on submarines, armoured trucks and Chinese trains..

And now more Blackhawks from the US. I really can see the need for armoured trucks and Blackhawks...

Most modern countries throughout the world use beach / sand cleaning machines as shown in some of the replies above... why can't pattaya phuket ++ invest in these machines to keep the beaches clean and beautiful.... this is the year 2017 and not 1817.

Beaches at home are cleaned daily with a tractor and sieving machine. Nice clean enjoyable place now as even smoking is banned.   If smokers could dispose of their butt ends properly then the band would never have been put in place. 

On 30.6.2017 at 3:11 PM, johng said:

There are fully automated machines only requiring a driver that can do the beach cleaning...they should buy a couple and clean the beaches everyday....one less job for the already overworked "city cleaners" sweeping the streets all day with their "Harry Potter" brooms.

Sorry, but this is something what other countries do. We are Thailand, one time in 5 years is enough.

On 30/06/2017 at 3:56 PM, GaryB1263 said:

At least they are trying. They need some of those barges that suck sand and blow it back on the beach.

It isn't a machine it is a certain lady with awesome skills I met a few years back.......

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, johng said:

There are fully automated machines only requiring a driver that can do the beach cleaning...they should buy a couple and clean the beaches everyday.... //

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, pattayadgw said:

Most modern countries throughout the world use beach / sand cleaning machines as shown in some of the replies above... why can't pattaya phuket ++ invest in these machines to keep the beaches clean and beautiful.... //

6 hours ago, LennyW said:

They have in Songkla so why not here!!??

It's not because YOU didn't see them that Pattaya has not such machines,

but probably you are still sleeping when they use them on the beach... :wink:

Here are 2 pics "borrowed" on Twitter #Pattaya :

post-569-0-62613100-1498066110.jpg

post-569-0-97852600-1498066117.jpg

Edited by Pattaya46

It's not because YOU didn't see them that Pattaya has not such machines,
but probably you are still sleeping when they use them on the beach... :wink:

Amazing...no I've never seen one on Pattaya or Jomtien beach...are they only used under the light of a
"blue moon" ? :lol:

they should buy 2 or 3 times more of them and clean the beaches at least once every day.

Today I was at Jomtien at the ungodly hour of 10 am and there was a group of about 20 women in pink shirts making a lot of noise so I decided to go see what was happening across the road on the beach......

abracadabra alakazam ! 

Beach cleaning machine.

P_20170705_100234.thumb.jpg.25d90f26a3309a86b82b98a09fb389aa.jpg

Edited by johng

• 2 weeks later...