Horror in paradise - tourist digs up corpse on holiday beach in Koh Samui

9 hours ago, rogeroc said:

A completely illogical Post whether you have personally encountered threat of violence or not in London or Samui.

But you feel safe on a group of islands where tourists are clearly being targeted. You would be happy for young English backpacker friends / associates to travel to Samui / Thao would you? Would you give them a warning or just say i have been here 12 years and nothing has happened to me !

When was the last time a tourist was murdered and dumped in the River Thames. How many tourists in London comparedwith the number on Samui / Phangan / Thao???

I don't live on the islands,nor would i anymore than i would live in London. My point is that Thailand as a whole is no more dangerous than anywhere else and a lot safer than many. If you take London, not one day goes by without knife attacks, acid attacks or rape. I live in the countryside near a small market town, no problems here.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Worth considering this one also, when thinking about the other Case / Cases on Ko Tow I think ... Same Same ? ... But Different ??? ...

Like did they REALY have to kill her to Rob her ??? … 

Yes Thailand Sure is becoming more Dangerous I think, ... In the Tourist areas at least !!! … I live just off the Asia Highway, about 10 K north of Ayutthaya, and we do not EVER see anything like this really. (And well the driving is a Lot easier here also I think)  ...

… So Why are things starting to Spin so out of control in the Tourist Areas ??? …  Increasing Numbers ??? … Increasing  Numbers, with no real connection to the country ??? .... No, ...ALCOHOL !!! ... (And I am a semi Recovered Alcoholic myself, so it is a case of the admitted, Black pot, calling the Kettle black !!! ) ... or would it be drugs ??? .... No Alcohol !!! I think. … Which is a scourge everywhere just about, in the world now ..Like Violence at Night around Night Spots ...

Adelaide, where I come from Melbourni !!! Sydney !!! ..and do not even mention other Places Like The OK, or Glasgow !!! Right !!!

…. Alcohol !!! … Where they are Increasing the supply, extending the hours, Increasing the Incentive to drink, .. to enrich a very Few !!! … and Really Bugger up !!! a very Lot as far as I can see.     My Good, but well, Obviously unhappy Lawyer Just dropped dead d/t Alcohol God Dam !!! And he is just One, of MANY as we all know.

… But, Never Mind, … Still Dodging the Bullet well enough myself, and Not planning on going to any Thai Tourist spots, outside BKK any time soon …

And  On On

KramASmith

Just now, Mark Alexander Smith said:

It is Worth considering this one also, when thinking about the other Case / Cases on Ko Tow I think ... Same Same ? ... But Different ??? ...

Like did they REALY have to kill her to Rob her ??? … 

Yes Thailand Sure is becoming more Dangerous I think, ... In the Tourist areas at least !!! … I live just off the Asia Highway, about 10 K north of Ayutthaya, and we do not EVER see anything like this really. (And well the driving is a Lot easier here also I think)  ...

… So Why are things starting to Spin so out of control in the Tourist Areas ??? …  Increasing Numbers ??? … Increasing  Numbers, with no real connection to the country ??? .... No, ...ALCOHOL !!! ... (And I am a semi Recovered Alcoholic myself, so it is a case of the admitted, Black pot, calling the Kettle black !!! ) ... or would it be drugs ??? .... No Alcohol !!! I think. … Which is a scourge everywhere just about, in the world now ..Like Violence at Night around Night Spots ...

Adelaide, where I come from Melbourni !!! Sydney !!! ..and do not even mention other Places Like The OK, or Glasgow !!! Right !!!

…. Alcohol !!! … Where they are Increasing the supply, extending the hours, Increasing the Incentive to drink, .. to enrich a very Few !!! … and Really Bugger up !!! a very Lot as far as I can see.     My Good, but well, Obviously unhappy Lawyer Just dropped dead d/t Alcohol God Dam !!! And he is just One, of MANY as we all know.

… But, Never Mind, … Still Dodging the Bullet well enough myself, and Not planning on going to any Thai Tourist spots, outside BKK any time soon …

And  On On

KramASmith

They probably killed her because she knew them

Yes Soalbundy Probably quite true !!!

Have you ever had a Good Business Relationship, … with a Motor cycle Repair shop let’s say !!! …  Just You the Folang, who knows the ropes, and them, good Thai Working people !!! … And then they find out that they are related to your Wife !!! ...And the Price Goes up right away !!! ...  Like not down !!! ...  UP !!! ...And you have to find a New Motorcycle repair shop, that you at Not related to, in order to get back to a reasonable Deal ???

Like TIT, and yes Fimiliararity does Breed Contempt !!! and they Know it, which is why they (Any one WITH Money) always try to avoid it ??? ...  Have you ever noticed that ??? ...

So they stab her in the stomach, a mentally Challenged Woman,…   but they know her, … .... and then they steal her Gold necklace. … …  I do not think that I can Post what I really think of them here, or it will be Justifiably Pulled I suppose.

KramASmith

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

World violence is on the decline...this is the most peaceful existence (post WW2)  in human existence since the beginning of mankind...and I believe Steven Pinker...

Better treasure hunts lay ahead...

Well, maybe declining every where except in the Bars after 10, and the other "Night" spots ....

...  Or the areas with one of the usual Greed Fuelled, or Worse Ideology fuelled, Civil Wars.

Kramasmith

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

i thought there is a 4 month amnesty now? the rules changed, but many have still gone

I think that they gave the Amnesty, Like who is now going to do all the work !!! ???  But they all have left any way as they can see the writing on the wall and they know that the Military WILL act.

I know a fellow from Cambodia that was Caught trying to get from here, back to Cambodia with his 6 Mths of Illegal work Pay, hidden in his shoe ... He argued with the Cops that had stoped him for a While he said, as they tried to get any money that they thought that he had on him, ... But well he WAS a Nice Guy, and had Polio, so they let him go ... and he said that he walked 50 M down the road !!! … And then Hailed a Cab, still in the broad sight of the Cops !!! and they Just Laughed at him !!! and Waved back at him !!! ... Like a Good story !!! ??? …  Or TIT ...

Ps. A bit off topic, but well, I have seen, that in Thailand, to hid stuff in your Shoe, is a Good Idea !!! …  as well Thais and even Thai Cops, … generally, like to keep away from them !!! ??? Right !!! ??? ….  So Just hide it in your shoe and smile !!! … (And LIG) … ???

KramASmith

55 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't live on the islands,nor would i anymore than i would live in London. My point is that Thailand as a whole is no more dangerous than anywhere else and a lot safer than many. If you take London, not one day goes by without knife attacks, acid attacks or rape. I live in the countryside near a small market town, no problems here.

You're right,, but not many other, "popular tourist" destinations where you have to worry about the local police/forensic/authorities, covering up your, or a family members suspicious death as a suicide,,, for very little $,, or simply to blame it on you, or yours, or pick some local immigrant workers, to protect the $ income, and make sure other's will continue to come,,, I'd guess that in London let's say,, the local police will do what it takes to find the ACTUAL perpetrator of a crime against a tourist, or a local, with no concern about what it, "might" do to the $ income from tourism,, instead of blaming you, or yours, or anyone but a National, with little to NO investigation, or simply lie about it,, 

Edited by Adeeos

Quick analysis here:

Samui
62,500 residents
1,500,000 tourists per year

Flawed.
62.500 people registered on a housebook on Samui.
Add 100.000 mainlanders living on Sumui that are registered on the mainland.
Then we have the Burmese and the Expats.

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

So, if she had of been Thai, the suspects would then be Thai, is that the way logical reason is applied? 

Id suggest occams razor, but you appear to be too young to shave.

15 hours ago, bannork said:

She was Burmese. She lived with Burmese. Duh!

Applying that kind of logic (and so far: no investigation by the police): who killed Hannah & David?

17 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

You're right,, but not many other, "popular tourist" destinations where you have to worry about the local police/forensic/authorities, covering up your, or a family members suspicious death as a suicide,,, for very little $,, or simply to blame it on you, or yours, or pick some local immigrant workers, to protect the $ income, and make sure other's will continue to come,,, I'd guess that in London let's say,, the local police will do what it takes to find the ACTUAL perpetrator of a crime against a tourist, or a local, with no concern about what it, "might" do to the $ income from tourism,, instead of blaming you, or yours, or anyone but a National, with little to NO investigation, or simply lie about it,, 

Yes, but i have the feeling that many tourists that get into trouble have only themselves to blame, freedom, holiday, i can do anything i want. They engage in risky activities without a thought and start bleating when it goes wrong. My daughter (30) came on holiday with her boyfriend and after visiting me went island hopping, they only had good experiences, they stayed in good hotels and in huts that i wouldn't put my dog in, they stayed with some villagers and even went out on a fishing trawler working for a few days for the fun of it. They didn't go out in bars until 3 in the morning and they don't do drugs. They can't wait to come back again. 

10 hours ago, rogeroc said:

A completely illogical Post whether you have personally encountered threat of violence or not in London or Samui.

But you feel safe on a group of islands where tourists are clearly being targeted. You would be happy for young English backpacker friends / associates to travel to Samui / Thao would you? Would you give them a warning or just say i have been here 12 years and nothing has happened to me !

When was the last time a tourist was murdered and dumped in the River Thames. How many tourists in London comparedwith the number on Samui / Phangan / Thao???

4 back packer girls came to my condo block the other day. I think some are rented out on air bnb. nice posh girls. 2 pretty hot. asked them where they were heading as they waited in the lobby for their keys. they're heading south after a couple of nights in bkk. asked where should they go. just said if I were you I wouldn't go to tao. they are. oh well 555

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

nice thanks for the trouble and time in the figures.......so why are people complaining?....these are the safest places on earth since the ratio's are there to protect us!!...as our good friends in cool places would say..."this is all a big misunderstanding"©

According to statistics, a Tsunami like the one in 2004, occurs every 500.000 years!

Approx. 400.000 people would be really happy to know this- were they still alive!

5 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

It makes PERFECT SENSE for the culprits to rob and kill her...  

5 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

It makes PERFECT SENSE for the culprits to rob and kill her...  

Not so much that,, but it does when you add the fact that was reported she's know to always wear a 1 baht necklass that she mentioned had gone missing while living with the 2 Burmese people... 

Edited by Adeeos

This goes to show that to them you are nothing more than a disposable piece of shit. They don't even bother to bury the corpse where it is more difficult to find. 

Aren't they going too far now?

I am waiting to see what else they are going to do next?

3 hours ago, hobobo said:

Does that mean that Hannah and David, who were English, and mainly socialized with fellow English, could quite probably have been murdered by the English? Free Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo!

Please don't confuse the Burmese haters, they have enough trouble coping as it is. 

19 hours ago, AloisAmrein said:

One more. Thailand is NOT a safe country.

Yeh coz NO other country has murders hey?! Idiotic thing to say. 

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Between my Post and your reply above  there is Post 169 which i presume you should have read. If not please read it before trying to defend yourself and yet again make totally inaccurate / misleading  comments about the level of crme in London in comparison to what s happening on the islands. As another Poster also commented in London if there is a crime against a tourist you know that the Met or City of London Police will investigate it in the same way as other crime and without predujice.

Likewise to assume that the only tourists that are being murdered have effectively asked for it by bad behaviour or not being cautious enough is yet another foolish assumption.

Why are you trying to defend the indefensible ? Like you i have not been personally threatened or attacked in either Thailand or the UK but statistically Thailand is a dangerous place for violent crime

Edited by rogeroc

On 7/4/2017 at 9:43 AM, Nip said:

There is only one person connected to KohTao with a beef with the Samui Times ie the subject of the papers last article.

oh on, i think you will find there are many many that have 'beef' with the samui times, that would be the reason for them being sued...

20 hours ago, AloisAmrein said:

One more. Thailand is NOT a safe country.

Check out the  international homicide  rates  by country. And  not forgetting that western countries  are better at saving  victims  of  attempted  homicide via  trauma  care.

1 hour ago, rogeroc said:

Between my Post and your reply above  there is Post 169 which i presume you should have read. If not please read it before trying to defend yourself and yet again make totally inaccurate / misleading  comments about the level of crme in London in comparison to what s happening on the islands. As another Poster also commented in London if there is a crime against a tourist you know that the Met or City of London Police will investigate it in the same way as other crime and without predujice.

Likewise to assume that the only tourists that are being murdered have effectively asked for it by bad behaviour or not being cautious enough is yet another foolish assumption.

Why are you trying to defend the indefensible ? Like you i have not been personally threatened or attacked in either Thailand or the UK but statistically Thailand is a dangerous place for violent crime

If you want to live somewhere nice in the U.K. I'd suggest the cotswolds. Around cheltenham way. Hardly any crime. Really nice but bloody boring. Personally, I'd rather live in Thailand. Each to their own I guess

6 hours ago, hobobo said:

Does that mean that Hannah and David, who were English, and mainly socialized with fellow English, could quite probably have been murdered by the English? Free Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo!

It doesnt mean that no .

They are two different separate cases

Just because two Burmese got framed on KT, that doesnt necessarily mean that all Burmese suspected of murder, will have also been framed

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

If you want to live somewhere nice in the U.K. I'd suggest the cotswolds. Around cheltenham way. Hardly any crime. Really nice but bloody boring. Personally, I'd rather live in Thailand. Each to their own I guess

I agree with you Happy Enough. I am just challenging, false, sweeping, misleading and inaccurate statements. You can still be a lover of Thailand without the need to pretend that all is hunky dory.

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It doesnt mean that no .

They are two different separate cases

Just because two Burmese got framed on KT, that doesnt necessarily mean that all Burmese suspected of murder, will have also been framed

I am inclined to agree with you and as hannah  and david were tourists in a foreign country obviously not going to be a domestic matter. However news getting out that the  2 suspects in this case are Burmese sort of comes across as 'sticking 2 fingers up to the world'. They would have been wise to keep that suspicion to themselves !

20 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

But this one's not a suicide, right? 

Maybe she burried hersel same time of suicide " like the poor old farang 82 yrs old stabbed himself to death multiple times " no supprise suicide . "everyone goes to thailand commit suicide why not " if u listen to police or army jaunta announcements . Again

2 burmese usual suspects dejuvu " as death island 2 Burmese copped that set up " finally thrown out of court 99% evidence they were innocent " police lose face go back pick up son of local king pin village headman  police we sorry " we tried to blame the burmese evidence was thrown out , over wellming evidence dna etc, son did + his co/ conspirators all commn Knowledge old man was on tv im going to sue everyone my son is innocent , media " last we ever heard of that case ! Obviously paid

right coin again  ? ?or did son get life in bkk hilton or death penalty " hr murdered 2 young english couple horribly & violently " what happened the case sort of went off the radar headmans cop mate was Implicated police boss moved him inactive posting " the norm  " cop was bored went back on leave to death island wheeling and dealing without any problem's within a month of his new inactive posting " maybe son moved samui he's a murderer ! If it is 2 burmese fair enough ! seen this before" dejuvu " over again , i lived on samui at time of young brits horrific murders on death island  was very common knowledge who did it . ? UK embassy 

follow up the murder convictions from death island , Scotland yard officers assisted thai police in solveing the case ! who did what to who " who was innocent , i hope these burmese guys are not being setup , we know what amazing thai police are capable of doing when it comes to money ! Certainly not the truth " baht rules . Where's the son of death island " Samui by any chance .