Video: Machete road rage in Phuket

webfact

Machete road rage in Phuket

A dash cam recorded the whole incident and Muang Phuket police checked the license plate number and managed to arrest him.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

Screen-Shot-2018-01-19-at-3.20.37-PM.png

The video of a pickup driver pulling out a machete to threaten another driver after being ‘tooted’ has gone viral. The man has since been arrested.

He is being investigated by Muang Phuket police, along with the evidence, his 77cm-long machete.

The 2 minute video shows the bronze pick-up truck that was driving in the middle lane cutting in front of the car in the right lane causing the driver on the left to toot him.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/machete-road-rage-phuket

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-01-19

Fact is that there are many of thede violent lunatics (likely on ya ba) everywhere in Phuket. I've had many run-ins in my early days here. I have wised up long time ago  and just let them drive on without involving me.  Road rage with Thais is just not worth the pain.

Edited by LivinginKata

Sad indictment on anyone who gets violent with someone who toots, usually because of an unsafe condition.. Mind you there is a short warning toot & a long angry type toot. These days I tend to do same as LIK, just ignore & let them get on with it.

Sad reality in Thailand today.

As we were heading back into our village today, driving slowly because the street is narrow and kids are always about, then all of a sudden a motorbike with a grandmother who picked up her grand kids from school, rode straight out into the street as if to straight up the road directly opposed the school, (heading in a northerly direction) (T-section in front of the school), we were driving on the left facing the school, two way street.

She came straight out of the schools driveway, no warning, saw me at the last minute and stopped dead in my path with two young ones on the bike, I hit the brakes and locked the steering wheel hard left and came to be in line with her back tyre, me looking at the little ones back, if I didn't lock the steering wheel hard left, they would have taken the brunt of the front of the car.

My wife started yelling at her in Thai as she had already ridden off, she then stopped, turned her self around and started yelling back at my wife, until everybody from around the market started yelling in Thai at her, knowing she was at fault and almost cost those kids and herself their lives by riding straight out onto the road, then she fled on the motorbike with the two kids, all I can say is she lives another day, had I hit her, I would have been traumatised knowing what could have happened to those two kids with the impact. Mind you, others drive faster than I do in the village as its a short cut used by many that don't live in the village.

I guess I am lucky she didn't get off the bike and threaten me with a machete...lol

The guy in the video with the machete amazed me, because I thought Thai males were all good Muay Thai fighters, go figure 555

Slap on the wrist, pay the BIB some tea money and off you go. What he has done is a criminal offence. Threatening bodily harm with a deadly weapon. Should be heavily fined/jailed/car confiscated and this should be made public.

Phuket City Police confirmed Noppadol was charged on three accounts: not having a driver’s licence, reckless driving which may be dangerous to others in accordance with the Land Transport Act, and carrying a knife in a public place.
Ridiculous. As I say a slap on the wrist and some tea money.

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Slap on the wrist, pay the BIB some tea money and off you go. What he has done is a criminal offence. Threatening bodily harm with a deadly weapon. Should be heavily fined/jailed/car confiscated and this should be made public.

Phuket City Police confirmed Noppadol was charged on three accounts: not having a driver’s licence, reckless driving which may be dangerous to others in accordance with the Land Transport Act, and carrying a knife in a public place.
Ridiculous. As I say a slap on the wrist and some tea money.

But not charged with assault with a deadly weapon which would get you tossed into the slammer in a Western country, but isn't even a criminal charge (obviously) in Thailand.

Guy dashing in and out speeding beyond conditions only to stop to wave his tool.

I just cant get my head around this.

Are you in a hurry to get somewhere or not?  Just looking for trouble maybe.

This kind of guy is the reason marijuana should be legalized.

Chill out!

40 minutes ago, connda said:

But not charged with assault with a deadly weapon which would get you tossed into the slammer in a Western country, but isn't even a criminal charge (obviously) in Thailand.

It actually isn’t!! You can hit someone with anything here and, as long as it doesn’t break a bone, it’s literally just a 500 baht fine. If by hitting with a stick/knife/machete, etc. they break a bone, then it’s classed as assault, otherwise, as I say, BY THAI LAW, if it doesn’t breaks bone, it’s a simple fine. Crazy place with crazy laws here in Thailand that’s for sure!!!

2 hours ago, chrissables said:

What would the police do if you ran your car into him, due to fearing for you life?

They would ask you to report to the police station whenever it is convenient for you. That can be this week, or if you are busy, somewhere in the coming months. 

1 hour ago, Juan B Tong said:

Guy dashing in and out speeding beyond conditions only to stop to wave his tool.

I just cant get my head around this.

Are you in a hurry to get somewhere or not?  Just looking for trouble maybe.

This kind of guy is the reason marijuana should be legalized.

Chill out!

Right.  What's the point of gaining a couple of seconds if you are to lose minutes by getting angry about it. Guy is a nutter!

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

They would ask you to report to the police station whenever it is convenient for you. That can be this week, or if you are busy, somewhere in the coming months. 

I was meaning would a foreigner more likely to get charged with hitting him in a car than a Thai.  

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Well a good example of Thai regulations not having the slightest chance of reducing road deaths

6 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Right.  What's the point of gaining a couple of seconds if you are to lose minutes by getting angry about it. Guy is a nutter!

A nutter that needs to be neutered? :whistling:  

That would be 'poetic' justice. Lol.

Not such a bad idea though.

Shit happens!  I try to not let idiot drivers get to me, but it sure crosses my mind to do something idiotic like what this guy did.

So, if a driver cuts me off or whatever, I do the other useless and idiotic thing and hit the horn.

Just by hitting horn can be a death sentence, so best do the 3rd useless and idiotic thing and curse as if the guy could hear you.