Chevy Colorado

kannot

1 minute ago, superal said:

Interesting comment on an upgrade but why not fit a tuning box as opposed to having the ecu remapped which as you say will void the warranty . The box can be easily removed for servicing etc . Also , I am sure you are aware , remapping needs to be carried out by an expert or damage to the engine , transmission and braking systems could occur . Having said all that I have driven the Colorado and found it had all the power that I need , especially on Thailand's roads .  I have 2 friends who have new Colorado's up to 2 years old and both are very pleased with the trucks and even get fed by the showroom staff in the customers lounge when they take the motors for servicing . I hope to be a future Colorado owner .

Havent made a decision yet on that am waiting to see how it goes after its been run in in a few thousand kilometres.

Tuner I  looked at was http://www.ecuthailand.com/

I used to get my Uno Turbos  chipped  way back in the late 80's early 90's, boost increased from about 1 bar to about 1.5 if I remember correctly, used to be fun, never got any damage by increasing hp from 120 to 150 am looking for modest gains from 180  of +20hp  to get it  up to 200 and torque from 440nm to 500nm

But am seeing how it is first.

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:11 PM, transam said:

Just for my gray cells, let me know if they still use the AC Delco battery and setup...

My 2017 High Country Storm has the AC/Delco battery.

The battery tray is about 3 inches longer than the battery.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I think the “stickers” are different sizes.

JCI makes about 80% of the OEM batteries in the world, different colors and labels and whatnot.

Weeeeell, my chum tells me that there is a kit out there to be able to fit standard size batteries. It seems GM want you to buy their stuff...????

Perhaps the battery connections are different too. Would love to know..

Weeeeell, my chum tells me that there is a kit out there to be able to fit standard size batteries. It seems GM want you to buy their stuff...[emoji848]

Perhaps the battery connections are different too. Would love to know..

Why not have your chum send you a photo of it?

How much do you think is to be made selling a battery every few years?

GM does not manufacture batteries, they buy them.

Why not have your chum send you a photo of it?

How much do you think is to be made selling a battery every few years?

GM does not manufacture batteries, they buy them.

Its  all a fiendish plan, actually they have some easy on off connectors you dont need a  spanner and as  Issan man said the tray can take a much bigger (physically)  battery than is installed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So does the battery have posts or not?

YES. ill take a  photo tomorrow  if  i can remember, but really.............who gives a flying fart about a new  battery every 3 years or so?

21 hours ago, kannot said:

Havent made a decision yet on that am waiting to see how it goes after its been run in in a few thousand kilometres.

Tuner I  looked at was http://www.ecuthailand.com/

I used to get my Uno Turbos  chipped  way back in the late 80's early 90's, boost increased from about 1 bar to about 1.5 if I remember correctly, used to be fun, never got any damage by increasing hp from 120 to 150 am looking for modest gains from 180  of +20hp  to get it  up to 200 and torque from 440nm to 500nm

But am seeing how it is first.

I also recommend Powerlab. They do all the work on my Colorado.

10 hours ago, kannot said:

YES. ill take a  photo tomorrow  if  i can remember, but really.............who gives a flying fart about a new  battery every 3 years or so?

You miss my point that if only a GM battery will fit and you ain't near a GM outlet you may be stranded..

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I know that.

But again, they don’t make batteries. They buy them from Johnson Controls.

I bought my first Chevy in 1975, you?

I don't care who actually produces them Delco, the Delco batteries are made to their (GM) size etc specifications. I have been trying to find out HERE if Chevy now fit batteries of standard size that you can buy anywhere by many a manufacturer...

I don't care who actually produces them Delco, the Delco batteries are made to their (GM) size etc specifications. I have been trying to find out HERE if Chevy now fit batteries of standard size that you can buy anywhere by many a manufacturer...

Well the posts are the same, and it looks like the tray will take three different sizes, yes?

• Like 1

I was mistaken when I stated GM does not manufacture batteries.

They (apparently) do manufacture lithium ion batteries for electric cars.

They do not manufacture wet-cell batteries typically used in cars and trucks.

The new connectors look like they were developed as a manufacturing cost savings, not to compel customers to buy their batteries.

Well the posts are the same, and it looks like the tray will take three different sizes, yes?

You still don't understand, my friend is a CEO of a well known LOS motoring service outlet. He told me they do not stock batteries for the Colorado because Chevy use an AC Delco that cannot be replaced by stand size batteries that folk stock, they will not fit. On the other hand the Isuzu companion does use a standard fitting battery.

All I am trying to find out if the new Colorado uses a standard fit battery. When I was told this I was not told whether the battery connections were different or the tray size dimensions. He did say there was a conversion kit..

You still don't understand, my friend is a CEO of a well known LOS motoring service outlet. He told me they do not stock batteries for the Colorado because Chevy use an AC Delco that cannot be replaced by stand size batteries that folk stock, they will not fit. On the other hand the Isuzu companion does use a standard fitting battery.
All I am trying to find out if the new Colorado uses a standard fit battery. When I was told this I was not told whether the battery connections were different or the tray size dimensions. He did say there was a conversion kit..

Just because I do not believe this to be true does not mean I do not understand what you are saying.

The battery has replaced same connections and a similarly sized tray with (apparently) an adjustable hold-down.

Visiting my buddy Tuesday I noticed a few new Chevy Baht-busses. Someone should tell them....
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

are you thinking of buying one too????

• Haha 1

OK so did you break in your new  car? no mention in the English handbook printed in Bangkok..........American 2.8 diesel ( 2.5 Thailand) says below 55mph for 500 miles and no thrashing hard starts etc.............. all Ive done is keep it below 2500rpm which is  well over 55mph  here in top gear.

Now I know many say "no need " these days but some still say to do it, I dont go much with this "hard break in " stuff either, I just vary revs and never stay at one speed for more than a  minute or so.

Done 380km so far mostly at night as easier.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kannot said:

OK so did you break in your new  car? no mention in the English handbook printed in Bangkok..........American 2.8 diesel ( 2.5 Thailand) says below 55mph for 500 miles and no thrashing hard starts etc.............. all Ive done is keep it below 2500rpm which is  well over 55mph  here in top gear.

Now I know many say "no need " these days but some still say to do it, I dont go much with this "hard break in " stuff either, I just vary revs and never stay at one speed for more than a  minute or so.

Done 380km so far mostly at night as easier.

The old school way of thinking I reckon pays off in the long run....

If me I would change the oil at 1000km, but then I am old school..????

When I bought my truck I told them to change the oil at 1000km...They said NO...I said just change the oil, comprende...☺️

On 11/27/2018 at 6:28 AM, kannot said:

ahem, with the "better wheels" imo.

Spent the afternoon  polishing it with some Autoglym I brought from the UK as expensive in Thailand............the paintwork is by far the best out of all the other manufacturers here, glad i didnt get the Ford it really is 3rd rate paintwork, close up of reflection in paint, compared to Ranger just  cack

Very Happy  so far.

20181127_140303.jpg

20181127_140314.jpg

20181127_140328.jpg

20181127_140342.jpg

20181127_140455.jpg

Ranger crap paint.jpg

Certainly a good looking rig!!! Good luck with it.

Most likely, SWABO will not let me get one, but I am using by considerable charm skills to wear her down  (I know if I am depending on my charm I am in trouble  ???? ) And don't tell me to grow a pair, I Checked them in at the door when I said "I do"  LOL

A couple of questions, why don't the have  the corner steps on the rear bumper in Thailand, or are they aftermarket options in Thailand" IMO they are more useful than the center step , because the center step gets covered by the tailgate, when the tailgate is down 

Image result for chevy colorado rear bumper side steps

And second question , Not enough cup holders in my opinion, I think I only noticed one in the center console. You mentioned getting extra cup holders as  perks from the dealer, are these cupholders build in? perhaps in the rear seat armrest?