Taxi driver killed in Bangkok road rage brawl

webfact

Taxi driver killed in Bangkok road rage brawl

By The Nation

A Bangkok taxi driver was fatally stabbed in a case of road rage early Monday.

Police are searching for the driver of a Nissan private car believed to be 25 to 30 years old who stabbed Sarawut Tungpanyasak, 40, on outbound Phaholyothin Road in front of the Ying Charoen Market in Bang Khen district.

Officers were summoned at 4.11am.

Security cameras caught the taxi and Nissan taking turns overtaking each other at high speed and then the taxi stopping in the left lane about 100 metres behind the Nissan.

The Nissan driver walked back to speak to Sarawut, a brawl ensued and the taxi man was stabbed in the back, collapsing soon after.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342260

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-02
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the taxi and Nissan taking turns overtaking each other at high speed

So many Thai guys do have issues with being overtaken.

The simple act is often like a pin prick into their ballooned ego. 

Too much for them to take. 

Beeping your horn will result in a game of russian roulette. You may get shot, or may not. Feeling lucky? 

Edited by Happy Grumpy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

You may get shot, or may not. Feeling lucky?

...punk? Make my day.

Ok, I've been watching too many movies.

Taxi driver should just have driven off quickly as the other walking guy got close to his vehicle. If he happened to knock him over on the way STIFF SH!T.

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

So many Thai guys do have issues with being overtaken.

The simple act is often like a pin prick into their ballooned ego. 

Too much for them to take. 

Beeping your horn will result in a game of russian roulette. You may get shot, or may not. Feeling lucky? 

Because when a kid his loving mummy and daddy loved him so much and always told him how clever he was and always laughed when he did something wrong instead of giving him a hard slap on the ear and teliing him he was just the same as other people and not more important than others.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Som nam naa. Really? Your saying it's his own fault he was stabbed in the back and died. How very caring of you.

Are you familiar with this phrase? Jai dam.

If he was driving like an adult instead of a child, if he had not joined in a game of cat and mouse with another adult with the mind of a child, if he had simply let the killer in the other car disappear into the distance, then he would still be alive. I guess Face got in the way. Pathetic.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If he was driving like an adult instead of a child, if he had not joined in a game of cat and mouse with another adult with the mind of a child, if he had simply let the killer in the other car disappear into the distance, then he would still be alive. I guess Face got in the way. Pathetic.

The expression you use 'like an adult' is the main point.

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Som nam naa. Really? Your saying it's his own fault he was stabbed in the back and died. How very caring of you.

Are you familiar with this phrase? Jai dam.

Seems to be the favourite expression on these boards.

Posters with a combined Thai vocabulary of kao pad gai, chop, and khop kun krap rush to pop it in wherever possible, telling Thais they som nam naa for everything.

Thai people themselves rarely say this expression.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YTP said:

Seems to be the favourite expression on these boards.

Posters with a combined Thai vocabulary of kao pad gai, chop, and khop kun krap rush to pop it in wherever possible, telling Thais they som nam naa for everything.

Thai people themselves rarely say this expression.

Only the gutter mouthed ones and those they train.

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

...punk? Make my day.

Ok, I've been watching too many movies.

Taxi driver should just have driven off quickly as the other walking guy got close to his vehicle. If he happened to knock him over on the way STIFF SH!T.

That's like all of the Russian dash cam videos where guy starts walking toward car-with-camera holding a gun.  Until he's at the car.  Um, no, put your food down and if you hit him so what and is it not self-defense?  But you're in a two-ton vehicle that goes 100+mph with doors that lock and you just let a guy on foot with a gun walk up to you???  (Yes, I'm aware the guy can shoot you as you're putting your foot down, but if you're going to get shot either way...)

Edited by Katia