"Dark skinned Westerner" drowns in Bangkok's Klong Saen Saeb - why remains a mystery

snoop1130

"Dark skinned Westerner" drowns in Bangkok's Klong Saen Saeb - why remains a mystery

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTE4NC81OTIxMTEwL25ld3MyMS5qcGc=.jpg

Mystery surrounds the identity and death of a westerner who drowned in the Saen Saeb Klong in central Bangkok on Tuesday.

Sanook said it took rescue services 2 hours to fish him out after he fell in - or jumped - after an impromptu rescue was mounted by another foreigner who saw what happened. 

Sanook said it took so long to retrieve the body because it was the rush hour and a lot of boats were plying the waterway that is one of the capital's busiest canals.

A witness saw the foreigner fall or jump in the water. Then a Good Samaritan - also a foreigner - jumped in to try and save him. But when this proved fruitless Ruam Katayu were called and their divers went to work. 

Sanook described the victim as a "farang with dark skin" in their headline.

Source: https://news.sanook.com/5921110/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-3

On 4/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, saakura said:

Who is a 'farang with dark skin' ?? A black man with a passport of a western country OR a a tanned caucasian?

Why his his skin colour matters? Only <deleted> Racists and Ignorant people waste their little intelligence "if sny" on such matter!!!???

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

38 minutes ago, transam said:

So if it was me they pulled out and described me as a...

"Very hansum pale skinned westerner"...You would say that was racist...?

They would not . This ultra racist ( only for the adulation of white skin) Thigh Land is a haven for low end bottom of the barrel whites who feel insignificant in “ farang” lands where they scrape the bottom of the barrel.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, mickymouse1 said:

Identifying a human beings by the colour of their skin is a disgrace.The article headline is RACIST & IGNORANT simply Unacceptable. 

Would you describe yourself as overly political correct?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

They would not . This ultra racist ( only for the adulation of white skin) Thigh Land is a haven for low end bottom of the barrel whites who feel insignificant in “ farang” lands where they scrape the bottom of the barrel.

A lot of bottom scraping in one paragraph.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

It might just help in identifying this poor man (RIP)

You have to go to the UK for there to be no ID, even when the victim of a crime could obviously provide it, like the media are trying to hide something.

Is it OK that they said it was a male? That might be "sexist". Or that it was a "farang", racist?

the term "black" and "asian" and "ashkenazi"should be banned and removed from medical textbooks despite some diseases/conditions being more common in that population group. cannot have racist or politically incorrect conduct.  same goes for a transgender person, cant have a hospital concerned about diseases of the ovaries, uterus or fallopian tubes in a post op male to female or female to male.

Edited by atyclb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

So if it was me they pulled out and described me as a...

"Very hansum pale skinned westerner"...You would say that was racist...?

No, But maybe a LIE !!!!.........Or Stretching the TRUTH A Little......

Edited by Nong Khai Man
  • Haha 1

As I live quite close by were this incident occurred and saw the phalanx of police and 'rescue squads (meat wagons) + onlookers at the site yesterday morning I was hoping to get some meaningful information on what happened and to whom. Hmm. No such luck.

17 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The report is about a man drowning in a Klong in Bangkok.  However the thread has quickly degenerated into the irrelevant bickering about the description of skin colour.

Well a poster started it.....:stoner:......Fink a Green bloke.....

Edited by metisdead
Oversize and intrusive emoji removed.

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

the term "black" and "asian" and "ashkenazi"should be banned and removed from medical textbooks despite some diseases/conditions being more common in that population group. cannot have racist or politically incorrect conduct.  same goes for a transgender person, cant have a hospital concerned about diseases of the ovaries, uterus or fallopian tubes in a post op male to female or female to male.

555 pls till me you’re joking or are a troll

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The report is about a man drowning in a Klong in Bangkok.  However the thread has quickly degenerated into the irrelevant bickering about the description of skin colour.

Exactly, some people got upset regarding the colour. 

If i was robbed and the dude escaped in a black car, should I just say -he escaped in a car?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

You mentioned "skin colour" , why even mention "skin colour"?

All you have to say is that there is a disagreement , it doesnt matter what the disagreement  is about  , no need to mention skin colour at all

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Why his his skin colour matters? Only Fkn Racists and Ignorant people waste their little intelligence "if sny" on such matter!!!???

It helps in confirming the identification of the deceased. If I am told a  chap with a chocolatey complexion took a tumble, I know it won't be anyone I know. Perhaps some people here have a friend  who has a dark complexion and was threatening to do himself in?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hupaponics said:

Exactly, some people got upset regarding the colour. 

If i was robbed and the dude escaped in a black car, should I just say -he escaped in a car?

Afro American car, would be correct terminology 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Afro American car, would be correct terminology 

OK so the bickering goes on and on.  Fair enough, after all T.I.TV :laugh:

Why would you think it was an Afro American car.  That really is racist.  It could be a Afro Japanese car or how about a Jaguar, they are Indian owned now.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

OK so the bickering goes on and on.  Fair enough, after all T.I.TV :laugh:

Why would you think it was an Afro American car.  That really is racist.  It could be a Afro Japanese car or how about a Jaguar, they are Indian owned now.....

It was an afro American car, because the car was a black car , had the car been yellow, that would have been an afro -Japanese car