Ford Everest v Toyota Fortuna

Macnick

Well to be honest it does matter. At least it's a factor to be considered. You will loose 200-300k more on a Ford vs a Toyota when you trade it in for a newer model.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'd prefer a car that doesn't have crap design and crap suspension rather than think about the flakey theory that I would lose a few baht when I sold it down the line.

Anyone who sees Thais buying more of something then thinking its because something is better deserves to suffer a Toyota.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

13 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

What is the Engine prob with the new Toyota Trucks.?.

Found it. Its the DPF Regeneraton System,whatever that is.

There are many reports of New Hilux and Prado's in Australia with DPF issues forcing the engine into limp mode.  Apparently there has been a number of DPF's replaced with a lot of unhappy customers.    

This does not affect Thailand since DPF's are not fitted to pickups for the local market (yet). 

Edited by Jitar
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jitar said:

There are many reports of New Hilux and Prado's in Australia with DPF issues forcing the engine into limp mode.  Apparently there has been a number of DPF's replaced with a lot of unhappy customers.    

This does not affect Thailand since DPF's are not fitted to pickups for the local market (yet). 

Thanks, so realy its a Dead Possum Filter.!:smile:

While I generally agree with you about depreciation, and I think Ford builds a fine product, your constant bashing of Toyota is tiresome. Toyota builds a fine product and has a solid network of service centers. That it’s not your choice is fine, but calling it crap makes you sound like a fool.
I disagree.

Every Toyota I have either been in or driven in the last few years has had really poor, crashy suspension and the cheaper models (such as the Vios) seem to be years behind similar models from other manufacturers in everything but fuel economy.

My Wildtrak pickup rides better than the new Fortuner after driving both vehicles back to back.

I don't bash Toyota because its Toyota, but because I fail to understand why people are happy to spend a significant amount of money on a product that I have found through my own experiences to be consistently worse than the competition.

• Sad 1

I think people here struggle to look objectively at different models. They say one is rubbish and love the other etc without given all the pros and cons of the different models. I.e. saying they don't care about resale value, weight, fuel consumption, dealer network etc etc doesn't help any buyers making an informed decision.

• Like 1

I think people here struggle to look objectively at different models. They say one is rubbish and love the other etc without given all the pros and cons of the different models. I.e. saying they don't care about resale value, weight, fuel consumption, dealer network etc etc doesn't help any buyers making an informed decision.

I think mostly they just have to try to drag down what someone else has to make them feel better about what they have...

I’ve driven the Ranger, and it was nice enough, but I didn’t think the ride or handling was special, of course it didn’t have the “high performance” sticker package...

I almost bought one when the new platform came out a few years ago, but the closest dealer was 60km away. I ended up going with another Isuzu.

When it comes to cars, my dad always said: “Don’t ask someone that has one, ask someone that HAD one.”

I’ve had a few Fords...

(They we’re all nice enough)
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I disagree.

Every Toyota I have either been in or driven in the last few years has had really poor, crashy suspension and the cheaper models (such as the Vios) seem to be years behind similar models from other manufacturers in everything but fuel economy.

My Wildtrak pickup rides better than the new Fortuner after driving both vehicles back to back.

I don't bash Toyota because its Toyota, but because I fail to understand why people are happy to spend a significant amount of money on a product that I have found through my own experiences to be consistently worse than the competition.

So you bash because not everybody agrees with your opinion. Sad.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2018 at 11:42 AM, JaseTheBass said:

I disagree.

Are you a girl though...?

• Haha 1

Hell Fire ... Eight Pages .... to summarise

If you can live with higher service and cost of spare parts, more often than not poorer customer service and a greater rate of depreciation ... then the Everest winds hands down !!! End of story :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst in Aussie Land ...

Ford's local arm has introduced a new five year, unlimited kilometre warranty across its entire range – including commercial vehicles.

With the new ownership program, the Blue Oval matches the likes of Hyundai and Mitsubishi in the passenger car market, while also becoming the segment leader in the 4x4 ute class.

The five-year warranty covers all vehicles delivered from May 1, 2018, and bolsters the company's after sales program which already includes map updates for Sync 2 and Sync 3 satellite navigation systems, free loan cars during services, auto club membership, and roadside assistance.

Prior to the announcement, Ford's vehicles were covered by a three year, 100,000km program.

On 12.05.2018 at 9:55 PM, mogandave said:

Toyota builds a fine product and has a solid network of service centers.

Yes... In many country's do it. But not in Thailand. Show me were fine products and "SERVICE" ? :)

On 15.05.2018 at 12:50 PM, burner2014 said:

Talking about Toyota and the afterservice yeah it's nice. No complains at all.

I hear also a lot of stories about Ford being a bit more messed up.  Any experience from Ford owners?

Where is nice service? Can you show me? What can't even paint they car:)) rattle become from the first 10,000 km ... worse only Chinese cars.

11 hours ago, ardokano said:

Where is nice service? Can you show me? What can't even paint they car:)) rattle become from the first 10,000 km ... worse only Chinese cars.

Ok, we know.

You had a bad experience, and yes, that happens.

But in general: yes, Toyota builds a fine car and has good service. And still bad experiences happen. For taste though there is no accounting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ardokano said:

Sunbeam, may I point out that you are making yourself look rather foolish on this forum. Try being a bit more constructive with worth while information for a change...:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Someone asked about Experiences by Ford owners .. I am one... a very satisfied one ... love the product AND service ! IMHO ... there is no ‘right’ choice ... everyone has different tastes when it comes to the aesthetics of the vehicle as well as their priorities of what’s important to them .. whether it’s simply raw on road performance, ride comfort, luggage space, interior fit out, gadgets etc. To each his own. I’m happy with mine and I’m sure others are happy with their Toyota’s, Subaru’s, Mitsubishi ‘s etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah, I drive at least 10 different rentals a year. I like some better than others, but none of them seem to be crap.

Drove a Ford Fusion Hybrid in Dallas, did not like the knob shifter thing, but that thing got about 50 mpg...cost like $8 to top it off before returning it.

Someone asked about Experiences by Ford owners .. I am one... a very satisfied one ... love the product AND service ! IMHO ... there is no ‘right’ choice ... everyone has different tastes when it comes to the aesthetics of the vehicle as well as their priorities of what’s important to them .. whether it’s simply raw on road performance, ride comfort, luggage space, interior fit out, gadgets etc. To each his own. I’m happy with mine and I’m sure others are happy with their Toyota’s, Subaru’s, Mitsubishi ‘s etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah, I drive at least 10 different rentals a year. I like some better than others, but none of them seem to be crap.

Drove a Ford Fusion Hybrid in Dallas, did not like the knob shifter thing, but that thing got about 50 mpg...cost like $8 to top it off before returning it.
  • Like 2

My Wife had the early Fortuna TRD, and it was such a pig, all caused by the dealership.Now if thats a reason to dislike a brand thats why Ford have a bad name here.Toyota is still the best you can get here for Trucklike vehicles, and the new Camry is a superb distance cruiser. 

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

Ok, we know.

You had a bad experience, and yes, that happens.

But in general: yes, Toyota builds a fine car and has good service. And still bad experiences happen. For taste though there is no accounting.

:) yes Toyota have.. In many country I owned Toyota... But where is in Thailand? I still own tuna. And now just with humor talking about this is

But still you can show me WHERE can fixed tuna? I be happy .. Because normally I got 4-5 years old in another country Toyota and not have any even near problems as tuna from new..;) in past I drive Ford Mazda , Honda  in Thailand and do not see same problems. And its not just me. But Thai who own Toyota even don't know its can be batter. For they is fine.. Rattle from Toyota..

11 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

My Wife had the early Fortuna TRD, and it was such a pig, all caused by the dealership.Now if thats a reason to dislike a brand thats why Ford have a bad name here.Toyota is still the best you can get here for Trucklike vehicles, and the new Camry is a superb distance cruiser. 

Camry -superb ??:) so what is Crown? What is Mark?:)) you make my day.

10 hours ago, ardokano said:

:) yes Toyota have.. In many country I owned Toyota... But where is in Thailand? I still own tuna. And now just with humor talking about this is

But still you can show me WHERE can fixed tuna? I be happy .. Because normally I got 4-5 years old in another country Toyota and not have any even near problems as tuna from new..;) in past I drive Ford Mazda , Honda  in Thailand and do not see same problems. And its not just me. But Thai who own Toyota even don't know its can be batter. For they is fine.. Rattle from Toyota..

Since all your posts here are the same and are limited to ranting about Toyota, I will not read your posts anymore, since there is no point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Now on my 3rd Toyo. First one a Vigo had that for 4+ years. 2nd Tuna had that for over 8 years. Now have the new Tuna. Have I had any rattles problems or any other problems come to that not one. Other than changing the battery but that seems common thing in  LOS.

Digressing slightly but when it comes to batteries i.e. the top up type , in the UK the water top up has to cover the plates by half inch or so I believe but here in Thailand they added the water to just under the screw top in a pick up of mine that had a battery go flat and all was good after that .  Is that the correct thing to do over here ? 

22 minutes ago, superal said:

Digressing slightly but when it comes to batteries i.e. the top up type , in the UK the water top up has to cover the plates by half inch or so I believe but here in Thailand they added the water to just under the screw top in a pick up of mine that had a battery go flat and all was good after that .  Is that the correct thing to do over here ? 

I always fill to the bottom of filler tube, but there are level markers on the plastic casing, unfortunately I can never see the water level through the casing...:sad:

If you put to much water in it may bubble out the cap breather hole..You don't want that..

• Like 1