Just had the first 10,000Km service – I was told not to use a power washer

24 minutes ago, transam said:

A pressure washer can cause your ploblem, it is down to you chum...:stoner:

I agree may be the pressure washer did cause this problem ,( but not sure )  but no one at the dealership when purchasing the vehicle ever said do not use a pressure washer , and nothing is shown in the owners manual that warns owners not to use a pressure washer . I think there must be a high numbers of forum members here who have their vehicles pressure washed without giving it a second thought .

After the original sales assistant admitted that she did say  '' everything '' is under warranty during the first year, that should have been enough . The service department manager should have said , look be very careful if you use a power washer as it could damage this part , then the service manager should have said , no charge for the new clutch fork rubber boot cover , just for good customer relations , but no they continued  to push us for payment :w00t:

• Like 2

The service department manager should have said , look be very careful if you use a power washer as it could damage this part , then the service manager should have said , no charge for the new clutch fork rubber boot cover , just for good customer relations , but no they continued  to push us for payment :w00t:

Yes they should but again TiT you really are mostly on your own...when having work done on anything you have to watch them like a hawk..it helps to do your homework first so you know what they should and shouldn't be doing...but yes its difficult to catch everything.

Probably they deducted the free half of your rubber boot from the sales girls salary.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes they should but again TiT you really are mostly on your own...when having work done on anything you have to watch them like a hawk..it helps to do your homework first so you know what they should and shouldn't be doing...but yes its difficult to catch everything.

Probably they deducted the free half of your rubber boot from the sales girls salary.

This TiT curse can certainly be frustrating , I was quite surprised when the sales assistant actually admitted in front of the assembled staff that she had made a mistake :shock1:

Some may thinks its best not to stand your ground when confronted with some thing that is obviously incorrect or wrong , or just smile and pay the requested amount , as not to cause a fuss or embarrass people , or even accept the situation and move on like a good little boy :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

" filter + oil  ( no charge for the labor  ) total 1,750 Baht" I think they overcharged

you for the oil and filter, just couple hours ago ,had oil change,oil filter and diesel

filter changed at A.C.T. total cost 1.080 Thb, that was for Isuzu truck.

regards worgeordie

Suzuki oil is more expensive than A C T stuff. Don't ask about Toyota oil !  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

" filter + oil  ( no charge for the labor  ) total 1,750 Baht" I think they overcharged

you for the oil and filter, just couple hours ago ,had oil change,oil filter and diesel

regards worgeordie

Yes I thought the cost was on the high side , but the dealer has you by the short and curlies , if you don't have the service done at an official Suzuki dealership ( and in the province  I live all Suzuki dealerships are owned by the same person ) then the vehicles warranty will not be  honored , so for the next three years if I want to keep the warranty active I have to pay  what they demand for any servicing cost :sad:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Accept it and move on.

Agree...…….not worth arguing over a few hundred baht IMO, and anyway I've found that it is a "swings and roundabouts" game in many instances.

My Suzuki dealer called my Swift in for an unscheduled service, where they replaced the whole rack and pinion steering assembly free of charge, and when I asked why,  they said that some of the rubber boots on the cars were prone to splitting. 

I looked at my one that they took off and it was perfect (after 3 yrs), but changed just in case they said!!

Great service from a great dealer on a great little car, so I won't sweat the small stuff!

Just been through the language things recently. Found out just because they can speak some English doesn't mean they understand or comprehend the words easy to say?  Got a email indicating to me copy and then in conversation original?  I said what do you want?  copy and when I gave her copy she ask where is original? 

Based on the conversation right or wrong for the amount I feel the conversation never should have lead to the car wash. Should have just acknowledge the mistake and covered it. These parts as shown are design and place in the location knowing full will it might be attacked by a pressure washer, mud etc.. and are design to last, the picture you show of the part the rubber seem to have broken down defective for a vehicle for the first service?  I have a rubber flap covering my air filter on my bike been pressure washed like a million times yet it is still intact and looks new after it is washed.

16 hours ago, Once Bitten said:

I agree may be the pressure washer did cause this problem ,( but not sure )  but no one at the dealership when purchasing the vehicle ever said do not use a pressure washer , and nothing is shown in the owners manual that warns owners not to use a pressure washer . I think there must be a high numbers of forum members here who have their vehicles pressure washed without giving it a second thought .

After the original sales assistant admitted that she did say  '' everything '' is under warranty during the first year, that should have been enough . The service department manager should have said , look be very careful if you use a power washer as it could damage this part , then the service manager should have said , no charge for the new clutch fork rubber boot cover , just for good customer relations , but no they continued  to push us for payment :w00t:

Sorry, I can't say I have a lot of sympathy for you. But I agree unfortunate. No sales person is responsible for alerting to everything you shouldn't do. While pressure washers are great for some cleaning jobs, they can be disastrous if not treated with some caution. For example, door seal, rubbers aren't designed to seal against a direct blast from a pressure washer. Most will seal ok, but not guaranteed. 

The clutch fork boot is a perfect example of what NOT top aim a pressure washer nozzle at. Main function of the boot is to reduce ingress of sand, dirt & mud. A little water is no real concern.

Would have been good PR for dealer not to charge for the boot. Bottom line is it's the car wash shop who is responsible for the damage.... but best of luck getting them to accept responsibility.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Sorry, I can't say I have a lot of sympathy for you. But I agree unfortunate. No sales person is responsible for alerting to everything you shouldn't do. While pressure washers are great for some cleaning jobs, they can be disastrous if not treated with some caution. For example, door seal, rubbers aren't designed to seal against a direct blast from a pressure washer. Most will seal ok, but not guaranteed. 

The clutch fork boot is a perfect example of what NOT top aim a pressure washer nozzle at. Main function of the boot is to reduce ingress of sand, dirt & mud. A little water is no real concern.

Would have been good PR for dealer not to charge for the boot. Bottom line is it's the car wash shop who is responsible for the damage.... but best of luck getting them to accept responsibility.

A few years back there was a thread here regarding pressure washers, I was lambasted for saying don't use them on paint etc.

The gaiters used on clutch forks are usually very thin flimsy things, can push some in with your finger. Once it is pushed inside it may end up being shredded by the mechanical s going on whilst driving. It is there to stop muck or water getting to the clutch assembly, for sure the OP's has taken a big hit from the washer... :sad:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Suzuki oil is more expensive than A C T stuff. Don't ask about Toyota oil !  

try to service a subaru in Thailand: outrageous.
(and then they wonder why the sales are slow) 
but it is a strong car and a good ride.

17 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

I had a similar interaction to the OP with a hotel owner in Korat about the over pressured bum sprayer in our bathroom... :coffee1:

Might be a remedy for piles ?  I didn't say a good remedy.....

Be grateful the women is an honorable person. I never have my car or motorcycle power washed your asking for trouble , it can also short the electric ,depending on the amount of pressure used can ruin brake lines ,fuel line etc. A standard pressure from a garden hose is more than enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, transam said:

The gaiters used on clutch forks are usually very thin flimsy things, can push some in with your finger. 

strange that such flimsy parts are used, as I understand, on the outside underbody of the car where it can be hit by a branch, a stone, whatever lies on the street or in the rough. 
surely a solid cover would not break the producer's bank?

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

1080 for the Isuzu truck sounds good

That's vvhat I paid for a 1.5 ltr petrol engine at Toyota ( vvith a 10 % discount )

I agree , Contact Suzuki. The responded very quickly, when we had a problem with the Bonnet as the are not dipped painted but sprayed. The contacted the dealer within 24hrs to sort it correctly, with a deep polish and if that didn't work, change the bonnet...it worked. We had sent them photos. The seem to be good if a problem occurs. I would be certain they would like to know about the problem and must be aware as they had a spare at the service center. You should get credit for that!

Our cars get the the free labour services at the garage purchased, so normally the first year, then it off to Castrol service centres, it doesn't effect the warranty. But always the first year, as with MG went in for the first service and they remapped all the electronics, EPU etc 3 different things and the MGGS is running much much better!

46 minutes ago, KKr said:

strange that such flimsy parts are used, as I understand, on the outside underbody of the car where it can be hit by a branch, a stone, whatever lies on the street or in the rough. 
surely a solid cover would not break the producer's bank?

Every ride I have worked on they are much the same. The clutch fork and gaiter are up in the trans tunnel, in general away from trouble...

A weeee story regarding pressure washers. I bought and fitted a chip to boost HP/TQ on the Vigo diesel that was advertised as having a water proof module, took  the ride to a car wash to have the engine bay pressure washed. When they finished it would not start. Hmmmm

Luckily a "bridge" was supplied with the chip in case it needed a service or failed, my first thought was to fit the bridge. It started, got home and took the module apart, yep, water inside...Dried it out, re-fitted it and it started. Little while later it failed, permanently..I reckon the water stuffed it, all due to a pressure wash...bored.gif.877e649d2cb316efc3a70414c299d3a8.gif