Country shocked as rejected men resort to murder

webfact

I think a lot has to do with absent parents and kids growing up with grandparents. If kids have parents to talk to and to guide them they should grow up with more values. It must be difficult to discuss a personal problem with a grandparent.

4 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

I think a lot has to do with absent parents and kids growing up with grandparents. If kids have parents to talk to and to guide them they should grow up with more values. It must be difficult to discuss a personal problem with a grandparent.

Especially if the grandparent never developed past a mental age of 12.

• Haha 1

Real men deal with adversity. When faced with a relationship that has gone south, they deal with it. You try to work it out. If it cannot be worked out, you move on. You wish her well, and send her on her way. 

Small men, and men without a sense of identity, self esteem, or love of self behave like these morons. They behave like simpletons, and get all desperate when a woman wants to leave them, and things do not work out.

Killing a woman because things have not worked out? 13 year olds, who occupy a mans body do that kind of stuff. That is the domain of dumb, idiotic, moronic, undeveloped, pathological, insane, tiny minded little boys, who have had parents who have utterly failed them, on every level.

Life is short. There are alot of available women out there. Man up. Just ask yourself, how would Bond behave in these circumstances? 

Edited by spidermike007

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“It makes me wonder what has caused many Thai youths to turn out this way,”

25? youth? mentally, maybe.

“What did we miss? Did we give up teaching children about being a gentleman or respecting the opposite sex?"

the good doctor missed patpong, ratchada, chiangmai, pattaya, and a thousand other places in thailand. 

"What can we do to solve this horrible value?"

start with the most important yet extremely difficult --- admitting that there are problems

One wonders how much social media is contributing to the increasing number of suicides and violent deaths among young people. On average, Thais spend more than nine hours a day trying to keeping up with the Joneses on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.

The personas and lifestyles they project are a all to often a highly-glamorised version of reality, calculated to impress. Life, if we are to believe what millions of young Thais upload, is a bowl of Chiang Mai strawberries, deliciously sweet and immensely satisfying.

The reality, of course, is very different.

Not all youngsters come from caring and supporting families whose happy faces beam out at us on social media. Many feel lonely, unloved and unlovable, despite assurances to the contrary from the myriad superficial "friends" they make online. Their smiley face emoticons often mask real emotional pain caused by thoughtless parents and siblings, fickle friends and accentuated by romantic attachments which leave them feeling used and abused.

An entire generation of Thais are in danger of growing up into Oriental versions of Walter Mitty, acting out make-believe lives in a digital fantasy world of largely unfulfilled great expections. When reality strikes - as it inevitably must eventually - the shock can be unbearable, as these horrific latest Romeo and Juliet killings show all too clearly.

This is not just Thailand's problem. Americans spend around seven hours a day on social media. The figures for other Western countries are similar and rising. And the underdeveloped world is catching up fast.

We all need, literally, a reality check.

1 minute ago, TEFLKrabi said:

It can be the opposite as well.

Many of the guys that I`ve had known who were obsessed with their wives or girlfriends, cling onto them at all costs even when their partners treat these guys like crap, have been only children. I think it`s called, the mother complex, spoilt and always supported meaning; tied to the apron strings of their mothers. If they do find female partners later on, in their eyes these women become kind of substitute mothers. I know of some guys, westerners, that can`t function without their wives.

My thoughts on this, is that even if married, no one has the right to claim someone else as their personal possession, and I think this is the problem with marriage, sign on a certificate that is a contract that imposes a couple are tied to each other for the remainder of their lives (for better or for worse) and if one partner falls out of love, tough, they are stuck with it. It is also very difficult in boyfriend/girlfriend relationships for one partner to understand that the other partner may not have as strong emotional feelings in the relationship and in some cases just can`t accept that. This means that when relationships break down there are always going to be the winners and the losers.

A very difficult and complex situation when dealing with high emotional traumas.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Too many guns, not enough brains or the tools to deal with life's difficult moments...

In what order? "not enough brains" way in front of the other two. This is Thailand.

Spoilt nasty kids who never heard the word No from their parents.

First thing to the is strong anti gun laws.

Illegal gun possession is mandatory 3 years of jail no bail. So simple.

How dare they to kill innocent girls who simple want to move on with their life disgusting guys!!!

42 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Problem Y happens in Country X as well. You are so original.

This is a forum about Thailand. Thailand. We are chatting here about Thailand. 

I see, so the bit where I said this is not peculiar to Thailand was too complex for you? Accepting that this is wrong here and elsewhere is a concept you don't understand?

Sorry, laddie, your post makes no sense.

‘Did we give up teaching children about being a gentleman’

As the world becomes more influenced by western society the answer to the above comment is yes. In the West, children are not taught about being a gentleman anymore, in fact it’s looked down apon by many. Children are taught to treat each other’s as equals. Whether this has changed peoples attitudes or not is an interesting question and one I don’t think we fully know the answer to....yet

29 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Real men deal with adversity. When faced with a relationship that has gone south, they deal with it. You try to work it out. If it cannot be worked out, you move on. You wish her well, and send her on her way. 

Small men, and men without a sense of identity, self esteem, or love of self behave like these morons. They behave like simpletons, and get all desperate when a woman wants to leave them, and things do not work out.

Killing a woman because things have not worked out? 13 year olds, who occupy a mans body do that kind of stuff. That is the domain of dumb, idiotic, moronic, undeveloped, pathological, insane, tiny minded little boys, who have had parents who have utterly failed them, on every level.

Life is short. There are alot of available women out there. Man up. Just ask yourself, how would Bond behave in these circumstances? 

Bond?!!

Oh the irony - i stopped watching 007 around 12 years old!

You base your life on a fiction character then, good luck.

34 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This needs to be translated into Thai and distributed to every Thai in the country.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kannot said:

What can you do??? stop being so  bloody LAZY, simple as that, parenting takes a HUGE amount of effort  and work, it does not mean sticking Somchai in front of a screen.

Often left to grandparents who instil a sense of self righteousness into the boys and very thin skins

37 minutes ago, todlad said:

I see, so the bit where I said this is not peculiar to Thailand was too complex for you? Accepting that this is wrong here and elsewhere is a concept you don't understand?

Sorry, laddie, your post makes no sense.

Your post is a fallacy of logic argument. I don't have the inclination, nor you the educational background, to explain it to you and have your understand it.

Edited by soistalker

Just now, soistalker said:

Your post is s fallacy of logic argument. I don't have the inclination, nor you the educational background, to explain it to you and have your understand it.

The perfect answer of exactly the kind of person we are talking about here. Someone who got it wrong and despises being corrected. Now you are stamping your feet and telling me I am uneducated! 

By the way, don't forget to proof read your posts in future, oh wise one.

4 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Having read all of the posts so far it would appear that all of us know what the problems/issues are but the Thais, it seems, have no clue, and will just continue to do as they have been doing. The events will only get more frequent.

Because they cannot self-reflect....and they don't want to be accountable for their actions. Blaming others is easier than admitting you messed up. 

18 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

Often left to grandparents who instil a sense of self righteousness into the boys and very thin skins

Let's face it - grandparents are softies, even back home! Many problems I see among the youth stem from home life problems - most kids come from unhappy and / or broken homes. Those with educated, loving parents seem to do quite well. That's my impression of having taught hundreds of kids over nearly 20 years. 

15 minutes ago, todlad said:

The perfect answer of exactly the kind of person we are talking about here. Someone who got it wrong and despises being corrected. Now you are stamping your feet and telling me I am uneducated! 

By the way, don't forget to proof read your posts in future, oh wise one.

An ad hominem attack? It's the last result of the obtuse.

• Like 1