Thai"friendly"....share your insight.

moontang

I never used dating site and probably never will. I want the people to accept me for who I am , and not from a picture. The only groups I would join online are hobbies , where you look for people who share the same interests and not for relationships.

Better to just meet someone in a mall, coffee shop or as OP in 7 /11 etc.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2018 at 7:59 PM, balo said:

I never used dating site and probably never will. I want the people to accept me for who I am , and not from a picture. The only groups I would join online are hobbies , where you look for people who share the same interests and not for relationships.

Better to just meet someone in a mall, coffee shop or as OP in 7 /11 etc.

Horse and buggy worked at one time just fine. 

It's always non users who say things like this.   I challenge you to try a dating site long enough to learn how to sort through the chaff for the gems and then give us your opinion. 

It's almost hypocritical that you think it's ok for some of your hobbies, as if findinga good woman is less important or not a hobby.

30 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Horse and buggy worked at one time just fine. 

It's always non users who say things like this.   I challenge you to try a dating site long enough to learn how to sort through the chaff for the gems and then give us your opinion. 

It's almost hypocritical that you think it's ok for some of your hobbies, as if findinga good woman is less important or not a hobby.

Dating used to be a hobby, but since I came here, sorting through the chaff has become a full time job. Tomorrows date is always gonna be the one, sadly it never is... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, britishjohn said:

Dating used to be a hobby, but since I came here, sorting through the chaff has become a full time job. Tomorrows date is always gonna be the one, sadly it never is... 

I agree with all but the last 4 words.  We must keep hope.  

It is a full time job and maybe some don't take enough time before meeting.   I say talk a long time and pick the top ones to date.  By then you are sure they are worth a nice date. Or if they live close you just go for the quick coffee date.   We must realize That women eat when they are hungry.  They do want to sort out the cheap Charlie's just like we want to sort for physical attraction.   These things may be equally important.  Men and women are different.

As long as our expectations are reasonable we should be able to find one that's worth taking time to get to know. If your looking for a natural blond this may be the wrong part of the World.   

What is your age? What are your expectations in a woman. 

I think some mean set an unreal high expectation on facial attraction.  It to put it another way, they are attracted to the types that look similar to those on TV, magazines, and the runway.   Obviously Media has done studies and determined these are most popular types.  So if you like that you have much competition.  I have always been attracted to a more girl next door look.  I changed after I and half the football team liked the same 13 yr old in 5 the grade.   

I should add that my present star of my show I saw outside emporium and approached old fashioned style.  

Edited by Elkski

It's a free site.  You get what you pay for.  I preferred Thai Cupid, was worth every Satang. 

Scored a great girl on the second sortie, were still on 4 years later. ,  the first few on my first outings were almost cliché gold diggers,  and good at it. 

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

What is your age? What are your expectations in a woman. 

I'm in my 50's although few seem to think so, partly due to my gym obsession, although maybe they are just being kind. 
Obviously we'd all love a gorgeous looking woman but have to be realistic or at least semi realistic. I'd go up 45 years of age but would date much younger and I'm happy to fork to get it. In terms of appearance I know exactly what I want, not overweight and 6/10 in looks. It's the last part that's difficult, few online seem to cross the 5 barrier, which is probably why they are there... Am I being realistic ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, britishjohn said:

I'm in my 50's although few seem to think so, partly due to my gym obsession, although maybe they are just being kind. 
Obviously we'd all love a gorgeous looking woman but have to be realistic or at least semi realistic. I'd go up 45 years of age but would date much younger and I'm happy to fork to get it. In terms of appearance I know exactly what I want, not overweight and 6/10 in looks. It's the last part that's difficult, few online seem to cross the 5 barrier, which is probably why they are there... Am I being realistic ?

For here I think you are being way too conservative could go younger and more attractive.  But, whatever people like if OK for them.

PS: there are some on here who get upset about number ratings on ladies. Just for info.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if there is a difference in women from TF to TC.  Women don't have to pay on TC to read messages from a man who pays. Do you really think 1000 baht for a single month membership fee  is going to sort out better men?   If you pay it is nice to be able to search using different parameters.  Remember to look at new members and fish in the pond with no photos.   Sometimes the Lookers don't out up photos because they get to many hits if they do.  Or they are just a bit afraid of starting on a dating site.  

13 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I'm not sure if there is a difference in women from TF to TC.  Women don't have to pay on TC to read messages from a man who pays. Do you really think 1000 baht for a single month membership fee  is going to sort out better men?   If you pay it is nice to be able to search using different parameters.  Remember to look at new members and fish in the pond with no photos.   Sometimes the Lookers don't out up photos because they get to many hits if they do.  Or they are just a bit afraid of starting on a dating site.  

My friend in BKK joined some hiso dating club and actually has a girl living with him now.

It was very expensive not sure how much but they guaranteed all the girls to be employed and very attractive which they were.  He showed me a few photos from his dates very impressive.

But, this guy is rich lives in a 80,000 b a month place near Asoke.  He is a small man geek with glasses in his late 60's.

The girl he has with him is 34 and very good looking worked in a bank but of course now, she stopped work and he provides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

The girl he has with him is 34 and very good looking worked in a bank but of course now, she stopped work and he provides.

Too old for me, if you're gonna pay, might as well pay for 'nearly new'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Too old for me, if you're gonna pay, might as well pay for 'nearly new'.

? It is no problem for this guy.  He gives her 50,000 b a month.

But every month he tells me she wants 50,000 more for her credit card bills.

Then, he said she wanted him to meet her family and he would have to pay 100,000 b for his visit.

I listen to all this with my mouth open....

Like I said, he is very rich no problem.

Good for her for finding such a generous man..

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

My friend in BKK joined some hiso dating club and actually has a girl living with him now.

It was very expensive not sure how much but they guaranteed all the girls to be employed and very attractive which they were.  He showed me a few photos from his dates very impressive.

But, this guy is rich lives in a 80,000 b a month place near Asoke.  He is a small man geek with glasses in his late 60's.

I like to hear these stories, gives me an idea what is possible...

The numbers are quite big but when I think about what some people are shelling out back home it doesn't seem astronomical.  One friend springs to mind, he's a pilot, 50, comfortable but you couldn't say rich, his Russian gf lives with him in a brand new 4 bed house, she doesn't work, he buys her a car blah blah blah. Can't be peanuts... 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

PS: there are some on here who get upset about number ratings on ladies. Just for info.

How odd...perhaps it's a sore point. However I don't mean to offend anyone by using numbers...

Let me use words instead. From what I have experienced, dating an average looking woman here is like falling off a log, I could find one tomorrow, they are usually very keen and make it obvious...But it feels like a big leap to move to slightly above average. Women seem to be very aware where they sit on the beauty hierarchy. And even if they only managed to squeeze into that top group their standards and behaviour appear to adjust quite rapidly. At least that's been my impression. Be interested to hear what other people think about that...

• Like 2

Some men cant understand that bargirls hold little attraction to many of us.  Many if us are thinking about long term friendships.   In USA using sex workers is not something that anyone I everknew used, they were not readily available and taboo.   But more than that its about a woman using her brain without her body. Some of us have daughters in the 20-25 yr old range.

I have noticed that women who really focus on their facial beauty or who think they have it to seem to know this commands more attention.    However  a few hot ones stuck with the career path and didn't take the easy way in life.   Maybe late bloomer? This is what I am seeking.   I think I found one now.  But I admit, maybe I will be in a bar stool next to you in my future.   

Edited by Elkski

6 hours ago, Elkski said:

In USA using sex workers is not something that anyone I everknew used, they were not readily available and taboo. 

Not to mention disgusting, diseased and probably drug addicts.

But Asian sex workers seem to come from a completely different planet.

I also have a daughter over 30 years old, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not to mention disgusting, diseased and probably drug addicts.

But Asian sex workers seem to come from a completely different planet.

I also have a daughter over 30 years old, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Many sex workers in the USA are fine ladies. When you are 21 and totally hot, why give it away for free.

8 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

Last night I messaged the attractive 41 yr old I'd met a few months back to suss out if she's still free.

Previously she'd asked me for 30k a month, but as I'd only just arrived on these shores I didn't want to rush into purchases, preferring to evaluate the market place first.

Well it appears she remains unsold but clearly she sees herself in a stronger negotiating position now. The little B has just sent me a message saying simply "50k" !

It's just like Romeo and Juliet...

Try it for one month and see.

Maybe she is worth it.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Try it for one month and see.

Maybe she is worth it.

For 50k I'm sure I could do a lot better than 41 ! I've told her I don't think the inflation rate in Thailand is that high...

Of course she my not actually be unsold, she may already have a bf at 30k and is prepared to jump ship for a higher offer...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Denim said:

When I was young and totally hot I not only gave it away for free I sometimes paid to give it away.

Nowadays at 61 , I'm often totally hot but its from gardening rather than anything else.

My big problem with the scene here is that they only have ST and LT, not "3 pushes and a Squirt , bye, Im hungry and want to watch Footie time"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, britishjohn said:

For 50k I'm sure I could do a lot better than 41 ! I've told her I don't think the inflation rate in Thailand is that high...

Of course she my not actually be unsold, she may already have a bf at 30k and is prepared to jump ship for a higher offer...

I got offered a burmese Som Tam girl for 10K a month. "You take her, nice girl, she take care you, many Boom Boom for you, good girl, cook you..." she was cute but only 18 and didnt even speak Thai...plus I dont think she knew about things like......well she was a hick..

But cute...

What the hell was I gonna do with something like that.....I declined....

Damn. I screwed up.

• Haha 2

Another thing I've learned is never ask a woman if she has any single friends. You will receive photos of the ugliest women you can imagine and invited to agree how beautiful they are. Which of course you do, and then find yourself under pressure to take the beauty out !

Or as happened to me yesterday, I receive a call from a girl who has a "gorgeous" single friend. When I ask for a photo, she tells me it's better to meet in person, and further encouraged me to take her somewhere very special ! I had images of me sitting in a Michelin star restaurant with a hog....

Edited by britishjohn