Thai media, operators upbeat about "better than ever" Pattaya beach

webfact

19 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Has the lady in the first photo been handcuffed to the mic until she gives a glowing appraisal? and what about the rats are they pleased with their new surroundings?. 

The rats have praised CITY HALL for there useless performance and hope for a extended contract

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sead said:

6 years in Pattaya and 3 times in the sea. Disquisting is the right word...

Last time for me was New Year's eve in 1989, but only because we were pissed and couldn't spell "dermatology clinic". These days it's always Ban Saray

48 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

Beach looks nice!  But, I'd rather take a chance swimming in the riptides at Phuket than in the adjoining cesspit.

Even the Phuket beach crocs are friendlier than Pattaya rats!

It all looks lovely, until the tide brings in another couple tons of garbage. I am convinced that local garbage is being "barged" out to sea and dumped. What doesn't sink washes up on shore next day. If you notice - some days there is nothing floating up and on another ( ie. day after garbage-barge day) the beaches are filthy littered. Watch the skyline near sunset and on certain days you will see a "train" of barges being towed out to sea regularly. 

By Bekah Barlow

http://coastalcare.org/2009/10/ocean-pollution-and-ocean-polluters/ )

Did you know that it’s legal to dump trash in the ocean? Yes, there are limitations for what you can and cannot dump. But it is perfectly acceptable to dump your raw sewage, paper, rags, glass, metal, bottles, or similar refuse, as long as you are at least 12 miles away from the nearest shoreline. It is not permissible to dump plastics anywhere.

Well I say the Jomtein beach make over looks like hell. Food spills all over walkway and plenty of garbage on the beach.  And the tour buses parked sometimes 15 to 20 of them. The mass of speedboats launching in the morning with that fine blue smoke filling the air.

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

My grandsons are over for their first visit to Thailand.  I had to explain just why only the foolhardy swim in Pattaya bay.

But there is a roped off area safe from speedboats etc. 5555

19 hours ago, sead said:

19 hours ago, sead said:

15 years in Pattaya and 1 time in the sea, then caught an ear infection. Local doctor told me Falang must never go in sea at Pattaya and that was 15 yrs ago.

6 hours ago, Darcula said:

Pattaya1.jpg

They couldn't find a proper mic, so a dildo from a beach road shop has to be pushed in her face instead?

Yep, wondered why it was pixelated. Thought maybe it was smoking, drinking, a sharp edge, or too many thrusts. 555

• Haha 1

•  
  • IAMHERE
  •  
  •  
  8 hours ago, Darcula said:

Pattaya1.jpg

They couldn't find a proper mic, so a dildo from a beach road shop has to be pushed in her face instead?

Yep, wondered why it was pixelated. Thought maybe it was smoking, drinking, a sharp edge, or too many thrusts. 555

I think it was because the microphone had "NCPO" printed on it.

•  
  • Haha 2

I love Thailand 

I can always trust Thailand 

I can always believe Thailand 

Thailand always tell me the truth 

Thailand have the best beaches with clear water 

Thailand is the best holiday destination 

no scams or ripoffs 

Thailand is the land of smile 

P. S. Do I get money for this ???

No big secret. If wanting to have a swim in somewhat clean water: Head for Bang Saray.

Few people head for a swim on Pattaya Beach. It's the "Bamboo-Bar" that is so close. Who cares about the water-quality, who cares about the rats.

tall.jpg

The sandbag jetty that will decompose. The brown colored water is from the darker imported sand.

Forget about the water here you dont have to get in it. The long view is good and always will be.

The problem along the beach are the local lowlifes and dogs, like the group that camp around the Dusit  pt area. And all along the beachwalk. 

Edited by morrobay
add

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

I was more concerned about the sewage than the boats.

Me too! That's why I chuckled at this "great accomplishment". Solves a relative minor problem while ignoring the elephant in the room.