Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

What do you expect... They're incidents that go unoted by the refs ... What it does show tho is yet again how  unbelievably precious Liverpool fans are about your team.. it's a game wilia  that breeds disproportionate responces from people..bit like national ism. I've watched/talked and played footie in many different towns and cities Rio London,Newcastle. Liverpool. To name just  a few and  in quite a few  countries and NEVER have I come ax a group of fans so disassociated with reality when it comes to critism of their teams as Liverpool fans ... Precious and deluded ...mate.. as I said b4  in the friendliest possible way get a grip..

Haterz Gonna Hate????????????

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You made a statement without facts, because there aren't any relating to your statement, because it is not a truism of how Liverpool play. Someone pulls you up on it and you go all Karen about it. 

I made it QUITE clear that it was an observation..and yet  AGAIN your just reinforcing the absolute RIDICULOUS preciousness you and other Liverpool fans place on the team... As I pointed out to w... GET A GRIP..

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Ide prefer it if you didn't transpose your little own steriotypes onto my answers.. and the my above reply applies..

I'll wade into this top of the table tussle with a simple...loved mickeyland...being offered coke within 5 mins of arriving...watching a proper pair of Bootle birds killing each other at a club...and the skinniest bird I've ever eaten for Sunday lunch.

I like Liverpool...but you can take second this year.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Well its going to be a year of goals and gaffes that's for sure...and plenty of entertainment from our side so no complaints whatever happens.

Saw this 'joke'  with ' do all ect.ect. and the Tottenham bit replaced with  governments/ politicians. Both quite amusing...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Saw this 'joke'  with ' do all ect.ect. and the Tottenham bit replaced with  governments/ politicians. Both quite amusing...

Things are shaping up well for an amazing season...the lack of crowds is creating all kinds of bizarre results....obviously will be great to get back to WHL but fascinating to watch imho.

18 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'll wade into this top of the table tussle with a simple...loved mickeyland...being offered coke within 5 mins of arriving...watching a proper pair of Bootle birds killing each other at a club...and the skinniest bird I've ever eaten for Sunday lunch.

I like Liverpool...but you can take second this year.

In the mid 2000's. I got propositioned by a hooker at 9.30 on a Saturday morning in liverpool  as i was about to go for a running shorts ect ect ...only in Liverpool!!!   I liked Liverpool  though Tbh att  I don't think I'de seen such a crime riddled and socially and economically depriaved place in the UK since Brixton in the  mid 70's  . You can sort of see how and why the football clubs became disproportionately represented in Liverpudlians views ,. And  Despite Liverpool FC buying up half/most  of the grounds  surrounding houses  boarding them up and letting the area turn into a borderline  ghetto. The club could still do no wrong ... .  but I digress .. back to football 

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Things are shaping up well for an amazing season...the lack of crowds is creating all kinds of bizarre results....obviously will be great to get back to WHL but fascinating to watch imho.

Yeah... The lack of crowds are having a really weird effect on the players performances..they reckon it's dificult on a regular basis  to get themselves 'up' for the game.. they say it's a bit like playing in the reserves...sort of flat..  is Ali a victim of this?  Think its more to do with him not fitting into Jose's preferred steriotype..but I'm sure its a bit part  player and I'm wondering if  it's gonna be a new  factor manager for managers to look at? .. probably not.. but sort of an interesting train of  thought.  

38 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well it does seem that way. And, many results so far point to that. But already, there is move towards the top six places being filled with the 'top six'. If this is right, there are gonna be some big moves both ways from the top to midfield.

Tottenham are fourth in the end of season reckoning. Projected points first.

84 Man City

81 Liverpool

70 Chelsea

70 Spurs

65 Arsenal

64 Man U

Best of the rest Everton with 60 points.

To be relegated.

34 Burnley

33 WBA

30 Fulham

Blades just escape with 36 points.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well its going to be a year of goals and gaffes that's for sure...and plenty of entertainment from our side so no complaints whatever happens.

It's going to be an unusual exceptional season and it could well be Spurs best chance of a PL as I can't see City and/or Liverpool dominating as in past seasons. From the games I've seen, I'd put you in the hat with those 2 clubs.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's going to be an unusual exceptional season and it could well be Spurs best chance of a PL as I can't see City and/or Liverpool dominating as in past seasons. From the games I've seen, I'd put you in the hat with those 2 clubs.

Our defence isn't up to task.  To many errors. .

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Leicester also going by last nights performance. Considering that a lot of second string. Impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Leicester also going by last nights performance. Considering that a lot of second string. Impressive. 

Were not quite at the races without kane.. they're EVEN MORE so with vardy.  From what I saw last night he was the catalyst and earlier in the season without him they were  a bit toothless

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Were not quite at the races without kane.. they're EVEN MORE so with vardy.  From what I saw last night he was the catalyst and earlier in the season without him they were  a bit toothless

Yes agreed. Personally even though Kane’s goals speak for themself, Son is your catalyst and the one you keep to keep fit. 

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes agreed. Personally even though Kane’s goals speak for themself, Son is your catalyst and the one you keep to keep fit. 

Son has stepped his finishing and overall play  up a notch this season... But he COULD be replaced., Bale would do the same job, as well.? .. It's yet to be seen.. but my money would be he could  And lucus or Bergwijn would be MORE than good enuf down the right ... The ONE that controls it all .. is kane he drops. Deep allowin son to break and or picks him out with lovely touch's /or pass's... as yet he can't be replaced    Jose tried it with deli   and look where that got him!!! Injured and out of favour ...  as much as sons a  bloody good player.. he's NOT what makes spurs tick.. he a beneficiary of the system and it works for him WELL.. 

Oh... Don't know if you seen our new Brazilian no 9 ... Been rackin my brain as to whom he reminds me of... And it's Ronaldo .. the Brazilian cf.. the way he runs and overall game. V v v similar.. not Sayin he's EVER gonna be in the same lge but he does look decent..and there's a chance he'll give us some decent cover for the next time Hari gets injured...cos  As eggs are eggs its gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Son has stepped his finishing and overall play  up a notch this season... But he COULD be replaced., Bale would do the same job, as well.? .. It's yet to be seen.. but my money would be he could  And lucus or Bergwijn would be MORE than good enuf down the right ... The ONE that controls it all .. is kane he drops. Deep allowin son to break and or picks him out with lovely touch's /or pass's... as yet he can't be replaced    Jose tried it with deli   and look where that got him!!! Injured and out of favour ...  as much as sons a  bloody good player.. he's NOT what makes spurs tick.. he a beneficiary of the system and it works for him WELL.. 

Oh... Don't know if you seen our new Brazilian no 9 ... Been rackin my brain as to whom he reminds me of... And it's Ronaldo .. the Brazilian cf.. the way he runs and overall game. V v v similar.. not Sayin he's EVER gonna be in the same lge but he does look decent..and there's a chance he'll give us some decent cover for the next time Hari gets injured...cos  As eggs are eggs its gonna happen.

We can agree to disagree. The energy Som brings to your team is unparalleled. Bale replace him?  Not a chance imo. Nor the other two. Son would walk into most top European sides. The others would not  But hey, I don’t follow your team as much as you so you may be right. 

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

We can agree to disagree. The energy Som brings to your team is unparalleled. Bale replace him?  Not a chance imo. Nor the other two. Son would walk into most top European sides. The others would not  But hey, I don’t follow your team as much as you so you may be right. 

For energy and effort.. your right .. and given his stats... yeah atm he'd walk into most teams .. would he stay there for long ... Is another question,   the system at tottenham v much suits him  and to adapt to another ., I'm not convinced he would ,k technically he's got his limitations.. his touch as often as it works it lets him down equally  same with  his distribution.. as  for the others  lucus and beefy they  ARE top draw and would/ could and have played at a similar levels  for clubs and country   elswhere...  And will do again. Of that  I'm sure.. lucus is ONE HELL of a player.. ...as for bale... It's yet to be proven but i'de have money on him steppin up a gear .. four champions lge meds, winnin one with  a stunnin overhead kick and a smile bac on his face says he will.. but we'll c

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Nah nah, Kane is the main man and a better all round player, even more so since he has been dropping deeper. No one near him in the assist league ses everything.

See this is another example of my term pussified. Where is the guts and glory football fans. These cautionary wise words are not befitting of a football forum. You support your team you back them, you defend your thread you do whatever you can to ensure a positive voice is resonating about your team or you just be really honest of you don't back them but sitting on the fence with wise words is like half a fan.

Great manager, lads look buzzing, decent transfer activity new stadium it's upwards again For Spurs they will be there, I've seen enough. Back your team's do not be pussified like that man city thread.

• Like 1