Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everything is a lesson if one wants to learn. If one does not wish to learn from life one will stagnate.

For some it will be a lesson, for others not, and then we come back to Yin Yang. There is no absolute truth1 

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

For some it will be a lesson, for others not, and then we come back to Yin Yang. There is no absolute truth1 

Yes, but no, there must be an absolute truth, but apparently we can get only glimpses of it while trapped in a physical body.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

Yes, reading skills are needed here. There, I will help you....

"Or maybe we should all rather go to Soi 6 and get drunk, in the knowledge that this is our only life, so better not miss those valuable opportunities, right?"
It's obviously a general statement, but if you feel triggered by this, then that's your problem.

Then you go on spouting more nonsense in the futile attempt to climb the high horse.
I don't hold them (or anyone) in disdain, but I do believe they are wasting precious time. 

It's ok when you judge people who believe though, right? Do I need a special licence for that? ????

"Because when all these religious types and so called spiritualists die, they will never know that they were wrong and wasted valuable time on a fairy tale." KB

Now, if you have anything of value to add to this thread, be my guest. If you prefer to troll, then you can do that without me. 

So now a bloke that thinks the opposite to you is a Troll...Tut, tut....I think you have lost your point of view campaign with that assumption.. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Tagged said:

What is death if not an absolute truth?

The decay rate of atoms is an absolute truth.

If we put our hands in a fire we get burnt- that's an absolute truth.

12 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

That's your whole argument against the existence of a Higher Power? Because it "doesn't make sense" to you? Wow

Guess what, it makes sense to a lot of other people. 

But you know better because.....?

....because there is no proof, just guess work, mumbo jumbo from the gullible......

Re-incarnation....????

Now you show me just ONE fact about re-incarnation...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah...the old thread is still going I see.

In terms of the number of contributions it must be one of the most successful topics ever created on ThaiVisa.

Yes, I popped in this week to keep it going, as a couple of religious diehards need the exercise...????

1 minute ago, transam said:

....because there is no proof, just guess work, mumbo jumbo from the gullible......

Re-incarnation....????

I went to great lengths in previous posts to explain how one can understand that there is a higher power. I guess you didn't read them.

The soul does not die as the soul is part of God. Perhaps a soul can inhabit different bodies, as the Dali Llama believes. Perhaps you should go visit him and tell him he is wrong.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

So now a bloke that thinks the opposite to you is a Troll...Tut, tut....I think you have lost your point of view campaign with that assumption.. ????

Sorry, but being here on this great thread from the very beginning, I have to say that @Sunmaster has been very patient with everyone who is willing to discuss the topic in fairness, plus he's working harder than anyone to support his opinions with valid and various arguments. Not saying who is a troll and who is not, but there is indeed some consistent trolling going on here.

Back on topic, any other reason why you don't believe in the existence of an intelligent design ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I went to great lengths in previous posts to explain how one can understand that there is a higher power. I guess you didn't read them.

The soul does not die as the soul is part of God. Perhaps a soul can inhabit different bodies, as the Dali Llama believes. Perhaps you should go visit him and tell him he is wrong.

Yes I did read them, and Dali Llama is a bloke, thinks up his own stuff like the stuff religious folk follow.

Anyhoooo, man/animal can now be created in a test tube, a Mammoth could be on the cards, so where does that leave your god...? 

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Sorry, but being here on this great thread from the very beginning, I have to say that @Sunmaster has been very patient with everyone who is willing to discuss the topic in fairness, plus he's working harder than anyone to support his opinions with valid and various arguments. Not saying who is a troll and who is not, but there is indeed some consistent trolling going on here.

Back on topic, any other reason why you don't believe in the existence of an intelligent design ?

I hope you are not calling my input trolling because you don't like it.....????

16 minutes ago, transam said:

When you read the obnoxious posts of that Karen guy (have to admit he did choose a fitting alias) not contributing anything to the thread but just spouting his condescending opinions, I fully support @Sunmaster in exposing that guy's troll-bravado for what it is: negative click-bait only worth ignoring.

• Thanks 1

Just now, transam said:

Yes I did read them, and Dali Llama is a bloke, thinks up his own stuff like the stuff religious folk follow.

Anyhoooo, man/animal can now be created in a test tube, a Mammoth could be on the cards, so where does that leave your god...? 

LOL. God made everything, including mammoths, and man can't make a piece of meat in a test tube live. Cloning is using a live cell.

Get back to us when a technician can make a piece of meat live and reproduce.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

I hope you are not calling my input trolling because you don't like it.....????

Not at all, actually I know your posting history, and I have always appreciated your input, even when I completely disagree with your opinion. Yet, I have to beg you to stay on topic ☺

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

When you read the obnoxious posts of that Karen guy (have to admit he did choose a fitting alias) not contributing anything to the thread but just spouting his condescending opinions, I fully support @Sunmaster in exposing that guy's troll-bravado for what it is: negative click-bait only worth ignoring.

As I am person with opposite views to yourself, I disagree with you, I read his stuff from a similar perspective to mine, I know the thread title is asking why you believe in god but if it wasn't for the other side of the coin the thread would have finished looooooong ago...????

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. God made everything, including mammoths,

Did he make mosquitoes, because I think he gave them two souls.

They come back in increasing numbers.

Edited by Tanoshi

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I have not been talking about cars here..........????

Anyhooo, they are man made too..

Yes, a car can be compared to a sentient being, and the driver to the spiritual self.

The soul is represented by the connection between the physical body and the spiritual consciousness.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, transam said:

Re-incarnation....????

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I have not been talking about cars here..........????

Anyhooo, they are man made too..

> A two-in-one response

Acme New Age Auto Repair.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, but no, there must be an absolute truth, but apparently we can get only glimpses of it while trapped in a physical body.

I had a glimpse of my my past life while trapped in this physical body.

I was a 'rose', but when I died my soul was reincarnated into my present being.

However it was most disturbing to read my previous existence on the internet, described as;

'Not much good in a bed, but great up against the wall'  ????

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, transam said:

As I am person with opposite views to yourself, I disagree with you, I read his stuff from a similar perspective to mine, I know the thread title is asking why you believe in god but if it wasn't for the other side of the coin the thread would have finished looooooong ago...????

As the French say: 'C'est le ton qui fait la musique'.

No problem at all with differing views, that often helps re-calibrating your own thought-process.

But big problem with contemptuous and condescending remarks disguised as 'own opinion'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is death if not an absolute truth?

The decay rate of atoms is an absolute truth.

If we put our hands in a fire we get burnt- that's an absolute truth.

Its lovely to see you do not believe in afterlife? 

Recycling is no absolute death, and if you spread your genes? Even this planet will finely be recycled, the dnas from this planet will be spread with cosmic winds, travel on comets far out in the universe and finely infest  a new planet. We are all one remember?

1 hour ago, transam said:

Re-incarnation....????

We don't come back, and that's the point. God gives us one chance to do what he asks of us, and if we fail, we don't enter heaven.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

As the French say: 'C'est le ton qui fait la musique'.

No problem at all with differing views, that often helps re-calibrating your own thought-process.

But big problem with contemptuous and condescending remarks disguised as 'own opinion'.

I always hold dishonest people in contempt...........don't you? As for insults go back and read who started.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, a car can be compared to a sentient being, and the driver to the spiritual self.

The soul is represented by the connection between the physical body and the spiritual consciousness.

You've watched that film......????

• Haha 1