Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they don't believe in God. Why would "God" help people that don't believe? If you are not in the "club" you don't get the benefits.

Absolutely right, Religious countries are some of the wealthier countries in the world, I mean look at all the blessings god has bestowed upon Afghanistan and the Taliban. Not to mention Somalia the land of milk and honey.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

No need. Not running (or searching) but rather...Living. Perfectly comfortable, content, satisfied and peaceful. No further delving required. If it helps you achieve what you want or are searching for...great. Everyday my life is fulfilled with fun, excitement and adventure. 

Photography, nature, travel, red wine, sex and occasional stimulating conversation suits me fine. Would rather be photographing a new species of bird, bug, snake or flower. 

To each their own. Some look for "upward", some look inward, some look to drugs and/or alcohol, and some just look outside...at planet Earth...and all it's fascinating species and places on it. 

No sense fixing what doesn't need it. In other words, for me anyway,...life is short, precious and finite. So much to do and see, so gotta make the most of it every single day. 

My new camera awaits...

No one is so busy that they can't find time to look "upward", look inward, look outside...at planet Earth.

life is short, precious and finite

Life is short, but hardly precious, other than to the one concerned. Untold millions have died for nothing. Finite- you and I will not know the answer to that till we die. No living person knows that.

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Absolutely right, Religious countries are some of the wealthier countries in the world, I mean look at all the blessings god has bestowed upon Afghanistan and the Taliban. Not to mention Somalia the land of milk and honey.

What does religion have to do with "God"? We've been discussing that for 179 pages, but perhaps some haven't read them all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What does religion have to do with "God"? We've been discussing that for 179 pages, but perhaps some haven't read them all.

Religion and god? why nothing at all .

Sorry for my confusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

I believe there are 2 pivotal moments in our lives: when we are born and the day we die.

I'd add more.

The first time a man has GOOD sex as opposed to the mediocre sex most have. Not for nothing do the French call it the little death.

Seeing one's child for the first time must be high on the list as well. Not something I've experienced, but I was present at enough births to see the reaction of both parents.

BTW, how can dying be pivotal for life? It's the end of life, not an event in a life.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

I find sad, but in a way hilarious, that most of us humans are in fact money-worshippers, then they are quick to blame religions and gods when things go the wrong way.

Exactly. The prophet Jesus told us that those that love money will never know God.

Perhaps non believers will end up as nothing when they die- everything they are and dream become nothing, while those that do believe will experience an after life. No one living will know the answer to that.

Most humans like to blame something else for their own created problems.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they don't believe in God. Why would "God" help people that don't believe? If you are not in the "club" you don't get the benefits.

So none of those people killed in floods, earthquakes etc were devout Christians? Your argument is full of holes, but keep trying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly. The prophet Jesus told us that those that love money will never know God.

Perhaps non believers will end up as nothing when they die- everything they are and dream become nothing, while those that do believe will experience an after life. No one living will know the answer to that.

Most humans like to blame something else for their own created problems.

So most of the christians, Roman Catholics is "deleted" and same goes for buddhism, where most of the whole thing also is about gold and bling bling. 

Human nature is like gravity, never fails. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Tagged said:

So most of the christians, Roman Catholics is "deleted" and same goes for buddhism, where most of the whole thing also is about gold and bling bling. 

Human nature is like gravity, never fails. 

It's very difficult indeed detaching oneself from the fruits of the material world, and very rare the persons who accomplish it, but we can't say that we weren't warned.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No one is so busy that they can't find time to look "upward", look inward, look outside...at planet Earth.

life is short, precious and finite

Life is short, but hardly precious, other than to the one concerned. Untold millions have died for nothing. Finite- you and I will not know the answer to that till we die. No living person knows that.

For me, every day is full and precious...regardless of yours or your opinions. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

No need. Not running (or searching) but rather...Living. Perfectly comfortable, content, satisfied and peaceful. No further delving required. If it helps you achieve what you want or are searching for...great. Everyday my life is fulfilled with fun, excitement and adventure. 

Photography, nature, travel, red wine, sex and occasional stimulating conversation suits me fine. Would rather be photographing a new species of bird, bug, snake or flower. 

To each their own. Some look for "upward", some look inward, some look to drugs and/or alcohol, and some just look outside...at planet Earth...and all it's fascinating species and places on it. 

No sense fixing what doesn't need it. In other words, for me anyway,...life is short, precious and finite. So much to do and see, so gotta make the most of it every single day. 

My new camera awaits...

This is actually the most honest and balanced reply from you so far. I respect that and wish you all the best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd add more.

The first time a man has GOOD sex as opposed to the mediocre sex most have. Not for nothing do the French call it the little death.

Seeing one's child for the first time must be high on the list as well. Not something I've experienced, but I was present at enough births to see the reaction of both parents.

BTW, how can dying be pivotal for life? It's the end of life, not an event in a life.

You are right, and initially I had the birth of a child listed as well. In the endthough I decided to keep the 2 biggest ones. Not everybody experiences childbirth or supreme sex, everybody is born and dies.

I believe birth and death are just transitions of consciousness, moments of change. 

Death may be the end of your physical life but in the grand scheme of things is simply a transformation. If that is not the grandest of moments in our lives. I don't know what is.

Edited by Sunmaster

1 hour ago, Sunmaster said:

This is actually the most honest and balanced reply from you so far. I respect that and wish you all the best. 

All my posts are honest, if blunt and directly to the point. Just because you disagree or find them a bit abrasive, by no means are  they dishonest. Dishonest is one thing I've never been. Oftentimes blatant honesty hurts. No apologies coming from me. Just callin' em like I sees em!  A lot of straight-shootin' needed here! ????

And since we're BFF now 555 and doling out back-handed compliments...you're the sanest of the looney tunes brigade by far! ????

All the best back atcha. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

You are right, and initially I had the birth of a child listed as well. In the endthough I decided to keep the 2 biggest ones. Not everybody experiences childbirth or supreme sex, everybody is born and dies.

I believe birth and death are just transitions of consciousness, moments of change. 

Death may be the end of your physical life but in the grand scheme of things is simply a transformation. If that is not the grandest of moments in our lives. I don't know what is.

What happens to all the zillions creatures we kill every day to eat regarding  your theory...?

7 minutes ago, transam said:

What happens to all the zillions creatures we kill every day to eat regarding  your theory...?

What do you mean?

Regarding the creatures or regarding us eating them? 

Their deaths are transitions as well.

The first law of thermodynamics states "The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed."
So that means everything is already there (the building blocks of life = energy, particles) and is then simply organized into different shapes/ bodies until when they are again dissolved into energy.
Maybe not unlike what happens in Cymatics, where an input of different frequencies (Spirit) arranges the same bit of sand (building blocks) in all kinds of patterns (shapes&bodies). 

Perhaps our mortal lives are just a temporary, visible pattern of a universal frequency.

I will not argue if it's right or wrong to kill animals to sustain our bodies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

All my posts are honest, if blunt and directly to the point. Just because you disagree or find them a bit abrasive, by no means are  they dishonest. Dishonest is one thing I've never been. Oftentimes blatant honesty hurts. No apologies coming from me. Just callin' em like I sees em!  A lot of straight-shootin' needed here! ????

And since we're BFF now 555 and doling out back-handed compliments...you're the sanest of the looney tunes brigade by far! ????

All the best back atcha. 

Well, thanks 555

Btw, by honest I didn't mean to infer that your other posts were dishonest. I meant that for the first time you let us have a glimpse of who you are and that supported your ideas a lot more than all the other posts together.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

Sometimes we see strange phenomenon around us due to resonance frequencies.

The video below was taken a few years back by a passenger on the m62 motorway in the UK. It was a typical winters day with light to moderate winds, and yet the lamppost are swinging vigorously. It's a rare phenomenon we call 'Votex Shedding' where the wind speed exactly matches the resonance frequency of the lampposts. Had the winds been stronger or lighter, then the lampposts wouldn't be oscillating, the wind was just the right speed.

The guy taking the footage calls out "JESUS" because he's never seen it before, maybe he thinks there's some kind of divine intervention going on, a warning from 'GOD' telling motorists to slow down due to snowy conditions.????

Those lamppost now have strakes fitted to them, which dampens the effects of Vortex shedding.

19 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

For me, every day is full and precious...regardless of yours or your opinions. ????

but apparently not so precious that you can't find time to spend a lot of it on here disparaging those of us that have a different opinion to you. Seems a waste of time, to me, as you are not converting anyone. I doubt a single poster that has professed a belief in something larger than ourselves has been convinced by any of your posts to change their beliefs.

So much for "precious".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Elad said:

It was a typical winters day with light to moderate winds, and yet the lamppost are swinging vigorously.

Off topic but related ( slightly ) to your post.

I was in the changing room at work one day when the empty steel coat hangers all started swinging. I thought it was because I'd brushed against them, but they were still swinging 10 minutes later, and continued to do so till I left the room.

There was no rational explanation for it- our hospital did not have any large magnetic machines, and it never happened before of after. 

No doubt there was an explanation ( I don't believe "God" made it happen ) but not one that I ever discovered.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, transam said:

All animals, including humans, without the spark of life, are just meat, organs and bone.

The spark of life IMO is from God, but others will disagree, though I doubt they can explain where it does come from if not from "God". No scientist has ever made "life".

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

I will not argue if it's right or wrong to kill animals to sustain our bodies. 

If we were not designed to eat meat we wouldn't have canine teeth.

No prophet or religious figure has ever said ( to my knowledge ) that we should not eat meat or fish, and ancient religions killed animals to "feed" the god.

Just because some people forget that we are animals, does not mean that we all have to live on soy beans.

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

So none of those people killed in floods, earthquakes etc were devout Christians?

Turning up on Sunday to sing songs does not make one a true believer, though they may be devout. How many professed Christians do you know that have sold all they had to feed the poor, or given a coat to one without because they had 2?

No prophet or religious figure has ever said ( to my knowledge ) that we should not eat meat or fish, and ancient religions killed animals to "feed" the god.

Just because some people forget that we are animals, does not mean that we all have to live on soy beans.

In fact, your diet is your choice, but while the hunter-gatherers of ancient times have to sustain themselves with anything they could find, civilised people should do more ethical choices imo;

Apparently, the excessive production of meat is a lot more polluting and water-consuming than cereals and legumes production, so it would be an improvement for our planet if people were eating less meat.

On an added note, Lord Krishna, who has plenty of followers and devotees not only in India, but all over the world, recommended a vegetarian diet to the ones interested in expanding and elevating their consciousness, broadly speaking.

• Like 1

FYI...nearly all animals have canine teeth regardless of diet. The hippopotamus is strictly an herbivore and has the largest canines of all. Camels have large canines too, as do other herbivores)

1. Carnivores have sharp molars/humans and herbivores are flat
2. Carnivores have claws and paws/humans and herbivores hands or hooves
3. Carnivores have large oral cavities/humans small
4. Carnivores have short digestive tracts/humans and herbivores long
5. Carnivores pant to cool the body/humans and herbivores sweat
6. Carnivores lap liquids/humans and herbivores sip
7. Carnivores produce their own vitamin C/humans and herbivores get it from their diet
8. Carnivores don't chew much and saliva doesn't have digestive enzymes/humans and herbivores chew and saliva does have digestive enzymes
9. Carnivores are quick and cunning and kill with claws and teeth/humans are not and don't
10. Carnivores kill then eat raw meat/most humans buy pretty packages of pre-killed meat and usually cook it. 

Got it? 

Edited by Skeptic7