Why has Thai Visa mellowed?

elgenon

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

still happening. On almost every post anyone makes, at some point out will come the haters.    

Calling people "haters" was quite a popular accusation about 10 years ago and its a term not often used much these days , it was a one year fashionable word from about ten years ago 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Along with "racist".....????......

Which did make me smile when being called one, me an English chap married to an Asian taking care of Asian kids....????

It's called reverse racism, used as a tactic by non-Caucasians.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

I remember when Thai Visa forums were heavily occupied by ex-pats spewing hate and diatribe. What happened?

There seem to be regular stories of people joining the "Pattaya flying club" and theres also been a reduction of people spewing hate on these forums .

Is that just a coincidence ? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My ThaiVISA experience became so much better when I learned to use IGNORE.

Posters get to insult me once for free, then they're gone forever.

I've rid myself of around 30 now.

I'm happy for people to disagree with me, but I won't tolerate people insulting me.

I tend to do the same. Often I write a reply or a post with perfectly good intentions, and some of the replies are fairly bizarre. I have thick skin fortunately, as do many men with self esteem. So, water off a ducks back, as far as I am concerned. I cannot and will not take an insult from a stranger personally. It means less than zero to me.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

Just now, rumak said:

nowadays if you disagree with a member that constantly post the same "message" , and you challenge what they write (not by insults)..... well, there are one or two that run to mommy and somehow that works to keep me silent for a few days .  All that said,  i do appreciate that there are not so many posts starting with " what an idiotic"  statement .  

As long as an insult is witty it makes my day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some posts and responses removed.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• Haha 2