Teachers at daughters school wanting to visit our home.

sherwood

Our five year old daughter started year One at school last month and last night two young female teachers came for a visit about 1900 hrs.

We had prior warning but still, 7pm ??

We live in the Korat provience. Is this normal. Photos where taken and a little polite banter and of they went across the soi to visit the household of the kid who is in grade two at the same school.

I just wonder if this happens everywhere.

No big deal but we where all in our PJs when they called us and kind of upset the nightly routine 555 Just checking on the home enviornment I would imagine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

During my years as a teacher in Khon Kaen province, my school would regularly organize home visits. A group of around 4 or 5 teachers would visit maybe 6 homes in an evening. Basically to check that the information provided by the student was correct i.e. who they were living with and where. Nothing sinister, mind you that was students age 12 -18.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Colin. I don't feel the OP is having a whinge. He even inserts a bit of a giggle in the post, 5555. He's merely commenting on the visit & asking if it a normal procedure. I can't find any indication of a belly ache anywhere in the post. Sorry !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leither69 said:

You've a cheeky fecker, first of all, I wouldn't like my privacy invaded by teachers outwith school hours, I also don't see the need for this "big brother" treatment.  Teachers are for school hours only, what you do in your private life is none of their business!!

Agree , can’t believe folk so willing to be bent over, immigration, education.If you had any before you,ve lost em well n truly

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Very well said mate, i was shot down by a few members for posting similar, not as elequently put as you.

Er, Colin me old mate, eloquent is with an O. ????????????????????

But I do agree with all you say.

Edited by ianezy0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

And after getting "prior warning".

Prior warning of about 10 minutes by phone.

As I said no drama, just wanted to know if this was the norm.

Thanks for feedback gents.

• Like 1