"Suvarnabhumi is hell" screams Thailand's most famous English teacher

webfact

5 hours ago, Hawkman said:

Hmmm. At which point did Andrew Briggs call Thai people hell? He said the queues were hell for tourists, you idiot.

The obvious solution is manage it better and it can be done, with some common sense and planning and listening to others.

Common sense, planning and listening to others????... Never, never, never going to happen. On the other hand if it ever does. perhaps someone could lift me out of the box and prove it.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'd call that B.S.  I don't think I've ever cleared incoming Immigration in 50 seconds of the time from handing over my passport, and that was BEFORE they started their fingerprinting scheme, which clearly is making things longer.

Agree. And whats this about interview? Never happened to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Surasak said:

in English...By a typical Thai Immigration officer?   :cheesy:

That must be from 43-45 seconds in their 50 second allocation...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

The longest waits I have had in the past year or so are, in order : Siem Reap, Cochin in India and Gatwick.

I have never had a long wait in Siem Reap and have been in and out of there numerous times in recent years. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Its probably because they dont have time for the questioning..

Be careful what you wish for though.

4 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

IATA moved the goalposts. Fingerprints now required = more time required = need for more desks. Build them.

Where is it a requirement of IATA to have finger prints?

Australia has no finger print requirement.  Only photo scan is required.  It take about 10 seconds

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Frankly i'm surprised at this Andrew guy who by all account should have known better, what response was he expecting from Thai people other than 'if you don't like it go back home' and 'you are biting the hands that fed you all those years you ungrateful farang'... now Once and for all, Thai people in general do not give a stuff how a foreigner/farang feel or being treated in this country and it's futile to complain or try to make a point of it...

Yes agree.

And a poor choice to use the word "hell" knowing if translated into Thai language in the Thai media, would probably be taken a lot more serious with Thais.

Not as casual as we use it in English.

fool!

Anyway why did he not employ some fast-track or VIP service?

Not like he cant afford it

• Sad 1

Came into DMK last night at around 9pm, asked for the old people's line, nice tubby helper lady opened the diplomatic channel and showed me through with a smile, first in line, no scanner in its slot so no dabs taken, efficient lady IO, through in 60. Lovely!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

9 hours on the plane, whats another 55 mins wait in the Immigration queue?? ???? ????

But when you do a trip for example from Hongkong for 2 hours, and have to wait 2 hours again?

But I understand you like it.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Frankly i'm surprised at this Andrew guy who by all account should have known better, what response was he expecting from Thai people other than 'if you don't like it go back home' and 'you are biting the hands that fed you all those years you ungrateful farang'... now Once and for all, Thai people in general do not give a stuff how a foreigner/farang feel or being treated in this country and it's futile to complain or try to make a point of it...

i thought we where "guest"?  is this how they treat guest?  flew into LAX and it took 5 minutes with the kiosk.  

Edited by malibukid

5 hours ago, Hawkman said:

Well said. Heathrow is a nightmare, but not like this.

Surely they could improve things? For example, if they have to do EIGHT things, why not delegate it? Employ more people, two officers, let's say who work themselves up the queue and do the passport and visa check and interview. If anything not right, send them to another queue for further enquiry. That will leave the officers with about a ten second job and relieve the stress for the officers too.

busy out buying submarines