42 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

its modest these days compared to right when earth

came out of the last ice age, sea levels are confirming

we are at the moment at very stable temperatures

and sea level rise historically

temp 1880 2018.jpg

Holocene_Temperature_Variations.png

sea level rise.jpg

And yet more unattributed ripped content.

Please provide a link to where you got these images.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pegman said:

I should have known from your avatar pic.  It was my displeasure, for many years, to have to spend one or two weeks a month in Cowtown. The only good thing I remember about that place was Tuesday pasta nite at the Pallister Hotel lounge.  One of the worst days of my work career was when I found out the corporation i dealt with was moving their headquarters from the great city of Montreal to Calgary. I cried for a week. 

Not surprising, It's more of a traditional small town atmosphere, Real men with real jobs.  

On 10/18/2019 at 9:30 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The human % of CO2 is small compared to natural causes. I doubt anything we can do will make any difference whatsoever in the overall situation.

Try getting everyone with a fossil fuelled vehicle to buy a new electric one- impossible. They couldn't even make enough electric cars in the next 10 years and that's when the doom merchants say it's sayonara for us.

I gather the CEO of British Airways has asserted that data centres have as large a carbon footprint as air travel. Perhaps Thunberg and her pals should stop using social media

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

I should have known from your avatar pic.  It was my displeasure, for many years, to have to spend one or two weeks a month in Cowtown. The only good thing I remember about that place was Tuesday pasta nite at the Pallister Hotel lounge.  One of the worst days of my work career was when I found out the corporation i dealt with was moving their headquarters from the great city of Montreal to Calgary. I cried for a week. I should add Caesar's Steak House & Lounge have the best grilled steak in Canada.

Back on topic. Real  science  not paid for image.jpg.d64c54c06f451ed8f151de303372ec0d.jpgby the fossil fuel industry. 

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

I love that chart. All we need now is yet even more C02- like four times more, when during the Cretaceous period, life flourished.

As far as C02 not going over that line "for millennia"- not very impressive. A million years is only 0.0002% of Earth's timeline.

Not impressive at all.

I believe this is at the core of global warming hysterics. The figures bandied about are based on a human timeline when Earth's existence is on a geological timeline.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

You guys still going on about this.

The UN gathered the best climate scientists in the world. They investigated all the evidence and made their decision. 

The science is settled and no amount of posturing from pundits on here will change that.

Why do you think the UN has the authority to decide matters of science? And why would anyone be bound by any decision they do or don't make?

Oh and of course, the science is not settled. Constantly repeating it won't make it so.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Why do you think the UN has the authority to decide matters of science? And why would anyone be bound by any decision they do or don't make?

Oh and of course, the science is not settled. Constantly repeating it won't make it so.

196 COUNTRIES signed the Paris Accord. That's about all of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

I should have known from your avatar pic.  It was my displeasure, for many years, to have to spend one or two weeks a month in Cowtown. The only good thing I remember about that place was Tuesday pasta nite at the Pallister Hotel lounge.  One of the worst days of my work career was when I found out the corporation i dealt with was moving their headquarters from the great city of Montreal to Calgary. I cried for a week. I should add Caesar's Steak House & Lounge have the best grilled steak in Canada.

Back on topic. Real  science  not paid for image.jpg.d64c54c06f451ed8f151de303372ec0d.jpgby the fossil fuel industry. 

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

What that graph shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is that even when you increase CO2 by 40% you see no difference in warming that cannot be attributed to natural causes. It is the nail in the coffin for climate hysteria.

• Haha 1

I don't get the co2 chart what does it say the percentage is as part of the atmosphere? I thought it was 0.04% and of that a mere 3% was man made, hardly something for Greta to be pouting and shouting about. Looking at people trying to interview her without her handlers stopping them she cannot answer simple questions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

We are currently in an ice age with worsening periodic freeze ups (glaciations).  Each freeze up drops Earth's already historically low CO2 levels to the point of death. As things start dying, massive atmospheric dust starts melting the miles deep ice and the cycles continue. They don't call CO2 the molecule of life for no reason.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1674987116300305

Worsening periodic freeze ups, what ever they are.

Evidence please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

What that graph shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is that even when you increase CO2 by 40% you see no difference in warming that cannot be attributed to natural causes. It is the nail in the coffin for climate hysteria.

Perhaps you should read the linked article from where the graph was taken.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I don't get the co2 chart what does it say the percentage is as part of the atmosphere? I thought it was 0.04% and of that a mere 3% was man made, hardly something for Greta to be pouting and shouting about. Looking at people trying to interview her without her handlers stopping them she cannot answer simple questions.

Sorry to break this to you but Greta is not a climate scientist or a scientist of any kind.

She’s a child who has raised her voice and, as children often do, hit the nail on the head.

Hence her massive global following.

Out of the mouths of babes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry to break this to you but Greta is not a climate scientist or a scientist of any kind.

She’s a child who has raised her voice and, as children often do, hit the nail on the head.

Hence her massive global following.

Out of the mouths of babes.

So as I thought she does not know what she is talking about and is just a puppet being told what to say. Not worthy of any following.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Evidence please.

Weak response from my good friend and fellow academic researcher! Glad to see you don't refute my main premise that Earth's CO2 levels have been periodically hitting dangerous lows during man's accent in the last million years.

freeze ups: I defined in my post = glaciations.

Periodic cycles: see Milankovitch Cycles.

6 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Has she said a single thing that has not been said before, over and over again for years?

To you, she hit the nail on the head, translates to: She recited her lines perfectly.

Lots of kids have good memorization skills.

What does it matter if what she is saying has been said over and over again for years?

The Fact is she has millions of people across the globe listening to her.

I think her naysayers Harte on TVF have about 12 followers, and that includes each other.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

What does it matter if what she is saying has been said over and over again for years?

The Fact is she has millions of people across the globe listening to her.

Well you were explaining why she is special. Her words are actually quite mainstream. Which is why they resonate with you. Puppet love.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sujo said:

You guys still going on about this.

The UN gathered the best climate scientists in the world. They investigated all the evidence and made their decision. 

The science is settled and no amount of posturing from pundits on here will change that.

err, how about two of the chief reviewers

in their respective field in that ipcc report that got ignored

and voted down cause their expertise didnt 

fit ipcc agenda ?

from 12 min where they vent their displeasure

that ipcc ignored the experts and wrote the opposite

in the report

and here from 58 min, note how the cheeky sods

in ipcc still insist and pretend that the scientists

are behind the report.

scientists are upset they are silenced

to further ipcc agenda, and yet ipcc pretend

their report is based on the very same scientists that

told them their rap was junk

ipcc cencored.jpg

ipcc censored 1.jpg

ipcc censored 2.jpg

ipcc censored 3.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Weak response from my good friend and fellow academic researcher! Glad to see you don't refute my main premise that Earth's CO2 levels have been periodically hitting dangerous lows during man's accent in the last million years.

freeze ups: I defined in my post = glaciations.

Periodic cycles: see Milankovitch Cycles.

That’s not what I asked you.

I asked:

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Evidence please.

You referred to these, now let’s have your explanation of what they are and evidence they are happening?

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I asked:

You referred to these, now let’s have your explanation of what they are and evidence they are happening?

yes, have a wild guess what " Worsening periodic freeze ups "

might refer to ?

surely it cant be the reoccurring ice ages

can it ? and if it is, its due to the orbit around the sun somehow directly

influence co2 levels due to some

kind of attraction to co2,

...and then temperature follows co2,

or issit the other way around ?

blasphemy i say

620px-milankovitchcycles.jpg

800px-EPICA_temperature_plot.svg.png

milankovitch through history.jpg

ice age cycles.jpg

vostok ice cores.jpg

Edited by brokenbone
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I asked:

Evidence please.

Good news, I found my spoon.

5 MILLION YEARS OF WORSENING GLACIATIONS!  We are doomed without more CO2.

image.png.ca4f68f3b55c1e63bd1241065425dcc8.png

<Sediment records showing the fluctuating sequences of glacials and interglacials during the last several million years.>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age