New App for TM30 and 90 days reporting

44 minutes ago, chris_samui said:

Yes, I know.

But if you read the article, this is a new App still not out.

1 App for everything.

Yes I heard of this pending new app for foreigners in Thailand too, that will make life easier. Let us hope so. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I heard of this pending new app for foreigners in Thailand too, that will make life easier. Let us hope so. 

Let us all hope that Thai Imm' thoroughly, and I mean really thoroughly test this new app before they launch it. They have enough 'egg on their faces' following their previous attempt to 'ease our administrative burdens'.

Let's all hope so and please folks, 'don't knock it 'til you've tried it'.

• Confused 1

The apps for TM30 and 90 day reports has been available for several months now.
Bit off topic, but in Isaan we've switched from Sakorn Nakhon to Kalasin Imm offices. A friend did his 90 day at the Kalasin office and they said we have to do our 90 day at the office not online. Heard anything about this? Maybe just have to go and register the 90 day online app like with the TM 30 app.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, sumrit said:

The article suggests the new app will be for expats, not tourists, and changes might be geared to changes in information requirements meaning the expat can do everything themselves. Lets wait for the app to come out before looking for problems. 

God. If only common sense and a proper app can prevail, we will be able to chill again! Buuttt.... won't hold my breath as could not get the last one to work!! 5555

• Like 1

Bit off topic, but in Isaan we've switched from Sakorn Nakhon to Kalasin Imm offices. A friend did his 90 day at the Kalasin office and they said we have to do our 90 day at the office not online. Heard anything about this? Maybe just have to go and register the 90 day online app like with the TM 30 app.

Some immigration offices don’t “ do “ the 90 day reporting online.
My IO ( Ayutthaya ) doesn’t, yet I did a TM30 online which I presume they have some involvement ????

Does it actually work yet?
I have had really bad experiences with Thai Immigration websites. You fill in all the data and when you get to the end, it tells you there was a problem and the stat cannot be submitted.

I had a similar experience trying to report online ( TM30 ) , just got a generic error message.
I solved it by changing server but using exactly the same info.

Hopefully these apps will become streamlined with less issues .

7 hours ago, steve187 said:

the problem with a 'do both app' for some expats/tourists it that the 90 day needs to be done by the visitor, and the tm30 by someone else ie the wife.

I use actual mobile apps called "Section 30 "to report myself for TM30.

As long as my landlord did the original TM30, I can report as the Possessor of the residence.

I did report on 5 OCT and no problem.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

As long as my landlord did the original TM30, I can report as the Possessor of the residence.

yes but the app will be no good to do 2 things for some of us, who's wife does the tm30

I am still waiting for ny username and password for the Section 38 app. (TM30)

I applied and received a " confirm your e-mail address " on the 29th August. 

Confirmed and " have to wait for username and password " 

I tried re-applying , I have sent an e-mail . 

Still nothing.

90 day reporting online , I have had two approved and 4 times ignored out of six attempts.

I am afraid it is all very hit and miss for me.

Anything that involves online intellect has not reached our part of Thailand.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Did you mean mobile app section 30 or section 38?

15 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I suppose I might be the only one viewing that in person or on mobile requiring me to report within 24 hours, my return to the damage home address already on file is treating me the same as a criminal on parole.

Yes. And while they are doing that it is my experience that it is the IOs who like to 'bend the rules' and accept 'donations'. Ironic, isn't it. The criminals are the ones running the justice system.

• Like 2

Ninety day report online working fine for me. Four straight now.

Current ninety day report app; issue with TM 6, report to office. NO; revert to online! Approved✓

Let's get organised for next one.....TM 6 app; won't accept Flight No. Arrrrgh!

Is anyone using the Chonburi Immigration app to do extensions yet?

Can't wait to see what a two in one will do....amazing Thailand. I'm sure it will be interesting.

Screenshot_2019-10-14-18-15-53-021_com.android.vending.png

Edited by UncleMhee

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Does it actually work yet?

I have had really bad experiences with Thai Immigration websites. You fill in all the data and when you get to the end, it tells you there was a problem and the stat cannot be submitted.

I have problems with every Thai website and app.  It took me two hours to book a flight on Bangkok Air two days ago and I have never been able to get Air Asias site to work and always have to see a local agent. It's like these sites get designed by chimps and testing them is an afterthought. I have tried to do 90 day reports online for 5 years. Never works. Thank god I don't report to Phuket anymore and Samui Immigration did a 90 day report for me in 5 minutes last week and is only 5 minutes from my house. I downloaded the app but have low hopes. If I get good service like I did last week I won't even bother.

7 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

Is anyone using the Chonburi Immigration app to do extensions yet?

Not me, but even if you do you still need to attend in person.  For each of the different application types, it gives TM7 as a requirement and says must be done in person.  Maybe entering the other data makes it available to Immigration on line for a smoother process, but that's all I can think it does.

It’s all very well having the app, and getting approval. But it’s all pointless when after 3 months you still have had a username and password 
After you register, and wait for the username and PW, go in and see them and you should get it sorted. I read somewhere that the first time you should go see them.

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

After you register, and wait for the username and PW, go in and see them and you should get it sorted. I read somewhere that the first time you should go see them.

I remember an earlier post , some guy and his wife went in and asked for there username and password , the IO gave them it , the wife entered it into the app. it didn't accept the info. They showed the IO who just shrugged his shoulders and said " maybe problem ".

7 hours ago, carlyai said:

Just go in and see them is a whole days work. What’s the point of registration online, may as well just go there and do it

23 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Some immigration offices don’t “ do “ the 90 day reporting online.
My IO ( Ayutthaya ) doesn’t, yet I did a TM30 online which I presume they have some involvement ????

I went for my 90 day just this morning Oct 15) at Ayutthaya. I had all my papers just like always. Yet, much to my surprise they told me "do online." Huh.

An employee (not, I think, an officer since he was not in uniform) sat with me at a computer near the copy machine, asked for my passport and got on the website. Alas, it didn't work! He tried three times and an officer (in uniform) attempted once. No go. After that they directed me inside (where I normally go) and the nice lady that usually helps me did it all in about 5 minutes. But even she told me, next time "online" (TM30 too).

So? Is Ayutthaya doing the online thing? I guess they're trying, but I left with some trepidation.

Anyway, Andrew, as developments arise, keep posting. Ayutthaya doesn't get a lot of attention and it really is a pretty good office. I hope they work out the wrinkles.

• Like 1