Trump hails death of 'depraved' Islamic State leader Baghdadi in U.S. raid

webfact

Another "useful idiot" bites the dust. That's how leaders of the former Soviet Union described foreign dupes used to spread Communism by friendship or force.

Like the late Osama Bin Laden, Al Baghdadi, was an asset of US Intelligence. His job with the Alliance-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA) was to end the Syrian "civil war" by bringing down the Assad government.

Useful idiot Baghdadi made the same fatal mistake as his Al Qaeda predecessor, rashly biting the hand that fed. He deserted the FSA with a bunch of jihadist followers to carve out a brutal new Caliphate the world came to know as Islamic State (IS).

America does not have friends, only allies - and historically has been harshly unforgiving of turncoats. It was just a matter of time before Al Baghdadi's Western paymasters caught up with him, as they did Bin Laden, and handed him his redundancy notice. 

Khalas jayid.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Wasn't he killed several time before?

it was only a flesh wound?

anyways another one will pop up tomorrow, but you won't be able to tell the difference..

what an inheritance for the next one(s)

-  a quick boost... from Rags to ...Rags

6 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Sorry but mainstream media calling the vile Al Baghdadi an "austere religious scholar" and writing a lengthy glowing tribute to him is encouragement. The outpouring of hatred and abuse against President Trump who has done more for peace and prosperity in the Middle East than the last dozen presidents combined, yes, that is encouraging the remnants of ISIS too. People ought to be ashamed of their behavior following this incredible result by Trump. Full credit is due to him, anything else is encouraging terrorists.

can you link to the lengthy glowing tribute ?

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

ISIS is a religious ideology that people who have being traumatized by  events in the middle east  seek refuge in. As long as destabilizing conditions in the region exist so would the ISIS ideology, the names and leaders might change. but the song will remain the same.

And both they, and as will pay for it while those who profit from it will laugh all the way to the bank.

Although it's good to see Trump spreading positive feelings about religion among so many, ISIL is not as you suggest.  According to the UN, the actions of ISIL (Daesh) cannot and should not be associated with any religion, nationality or civilization.

ISIL is considered to have the worst record of human atrocities in all of modern history. They used death threats, torture and mutilation to compel conversion to Islam, and are responsible for the ethnic cleansing of ethnic and religious minority groups on a "historic scale". 

They routinely dominated captured peoples through terror, indoctrination, torture, mutilation, sexual violence. They are also guilty of killing children as young as 12 by using them in fighting, trading women and girls as sex slaves, rape, selling women at markets, burning people to death, the international distribution of snuff videos, and it just goes on and on.

Don't think they were providing solace.

Background:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_ISIL-controlled_territoryhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_ISIL-controlled_territory

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Although it's good to see Trump spreading positive feelings about religion among so many, ISIL is not as you suggest.  According to the UN, the actions of ISIL (Daesh) cannot and should not be associated with any religion, nationality or civilization.

ISIL is considered to have the worst record of human atrocities in all of modern history. They used death threats, torture and mutilation to compel conversion to Islam, and are responsible for the ethnic cleansing of ethnic and religious minority groups on a "historic scale". 

They routinely dominated captured peoples through terror, indoctrination, torture, mutilation, sexual violence. They are also guilty of killing children as young as 12 by using them in fighting, trading women and girls as sex slaves  , rape, selling women at markets, burning people to death, the international distribution of snuff videos, and it just goes on and on.

Background:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_ISIL-controlled_territoryhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_ISIL-controlled_territory

I said nothing about what ISIS does or made any value judgments bhut simply that it is a way of life as an alternative to existing regional dynamics . It is an Idea a ,perhaps a bad idea as you seem to think, and a good idea as they seem to think, but still an idea. and  can only be eradicated by a better idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

They routinely dominated captured peoples through terror, indoctrination, torture, mutilation, sexual violence. They are also guilty of killing children as young as 12 by using them in fighting, trading women and girls as sex slaves  , rape, selling women at markets, burning people to death, the international distribution of snuff videos, and it just goes on and on.

Background:

Agreed. However, what I find disturbing is Trump's media 'gloating' which is typical of American behavioral habits which 'invokes' retribution from terrorists, especially ISIL 

Mark my words, the backlash from ISIL towards the US will be monumental. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

According to a timeline posted earlier he oversaw the operation not even on TV but from the golf course.

I originally posted that comment with tongue in cheek.

Interesting that no one's gone anywhere near my main comment that Trump admitted, nay bragged, that it was all about seizing the Syrian/kurdish oilfields for US/US oil companies to exploit.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I heard on BBC News that there was an 'instant test' which confirmed this dead guy's identity.

Is there an instant method of testing DNA as I read that 24 - 72 hours in a lab is the quickest.

Instant tests are confined to US propaganda only.  But I am not sure if they performed instant tests all of the other times they claimed to have taken him out.  I also imagine, like in Bin Laden's case, there wont be a body to prove he's dead,  The two of them are probably soaking up the sun on some tropical beach enjoying life on the pensions they receive as reward for the hard work they have performed for the US over the years.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Maybe there is an expectation Trump should have been in the Situation Room as the troops were packing their socks and toothbrushes?

Yes as expected the commander in chief should know about the preparation so before he gives a green light he is fully appraised. 

Just because its normal to know all you need when making a decision. Not having your mind on a missed 3ft putt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My take on this:

Baghdadi deserved this.

The women and children with him didn't but that's on him. 

45 deserves some credit as he is the acting commander in chief.

45 made a big thing before that Obama deserved no credit for killing Bin Laden.

That was wrong and hypocritical as 45 is now clearly expecting full credit for Baghdadi.

BOTH deserved some credit.

45's speech was vulgar, bullying, and a thing of deep shame to all decent American people. 

There is ZERO percent chance that 45's speech didn't contain numerous lies about details but for now I

I gotta agree. Let's keep things real. I fully expect a president to give the order to kill terrorists. And the credit is as follow: it's good the president gave the order and the troops that carried it out are bad ass <deleted>ers that deserve a round of applause. As for the collateral damage, I'm we do what we can to minimize it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Yes as expected the commander in chief should know about the preparation so before he gives a green light he is fully appraised. 

Just because its normal to know all you need when making a decision. Not having your mind on a missed 3ft putt.

As it really happened, time line by the Associated Press. A good read, for  most.

-- Events developed quickly once the White House learned on Thursday there was “a high probability” that al-Baghdadi would be at an Idlib province compound.

-- By Friday, Trump had military options on his desk.

-- By Saturday morning, the administration at last had “actionable intelligence” it could exploit.

https://apnews.com/89e8716887514b95af5fea38d604ee30

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nice to see the Trump haters struggling to say something negative, if he brought world peace and ended poverty some would still moan and whine. He's not a very nice person but is a great President and that's all you need him to be.

I need the president of my country to be a very nice person.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1