EU leaders remind Britain: No membership, no benefits

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Forethat said:

Well, I guess we've finally arrived at B-Day. If remainers are to be believed, beginning at midnight, we can expect the following:

1. No international flights will be able to land in the UK

2. Immediate shortage of medicines

3. Immediate food shortage resulting in mass starvation

4. Riots, looting and political turmoil

5. Financial collapse and stock market crash

6. All European citizens kicked out of the country, effective immediately (especially the non-white ones)

7. Chaos at our borders

8. Streets of London will be deserted

9. Super gonorrhea outbreaks in UK

And Brexiteers are the ones being compared to "The People's Front of Judea"...? :cheesy::cheesy:

I think you know fine well that every one of your first seven points is either a vast exaggeration or over-simplification of the concerns about what might have happened if we had crashed out of the EU with no deal (which would also have meant no transition arrangement). The last two though, are just completely made up.

As others have already pointed out, we have now entered a one year transition period during which - at least to start with, nothing really changes. Whether or not (and to what extent) some of the other concerns might materialise now depends on what the final, long-term deal consists of.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

What a bunch of arrogant d1kcheads, headed by yet another crook. 

Lets wait and see; as a non-European I am banking on the UK; after getting things sorted you will see in two, three years from now, how the UK will be heading back to its rightful position. 

The EU needs more from the UK then vice versa and for the UK it is comforting to know, that they can deal with the entire rest of Planet Earth without listening to those hogs in Bruxelles who breathe down the UK neck all the time ......... 

Put the UK back to where it was prior to 1973 - I, for one, believe in their independence and abilities ???? 

Put the UK back to where it was prior to 1973? Back being the sick man of Europe? I guess you are right. It's where the nation, formerly called as United Kingdom, soon to be called as Wangland, is about to head.

VPW2u7h.thumb.jpg.4eca2c0134498bb1a9bd8d54a6f485fd.jpg

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

What a bunch of arrogant d1kcheads, headed by yet another crook. 

Lets wait and see; as a non-European I am banking on the UK; after getting things sorted you will see in two, three years from now, how the UK will be heading back to its rightful position. 

The EU needs more from the UK then vice versa and for the UK it is comforting to know, that they can deal with the entire rest of Planet Earth without listening to those hogs in Bruxelles who breathe down the UK neck all the time ......... 

Put the UK back to where it was prior to 1973 - I, for one, believe in their independence and abilities ???? 

Agreed. Let's see where we are in 3 and a half years time, (ie the same distance as we currently are from 23 Jun 16 when Bercow & Co set about pulling the rug when we 'got it wrong'!).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Put the UK back to where it was prior to 1973? Back being the sick man of Europe? I guess you are right. It's where the nation, formerly called as United Kingdom, soon to be called as Wangland, is about to head.

VPW2u7h.thumb.jpg.4eca2c0134498bb1a9bd8d54a6f485fd.jpg

I think many of the EU members are the ones in your Wangland, you know, hands out for handouts...????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

No!  The brexiters promised the same benefits without immigration!  Great Britain is now just another 2nd rank country and they can kiss the Scots goodbye!.

You mean the half island state of Wangland?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

For me no, just glad its finally happened...

Dont be so dissapointed.....you  have a re run on 31December...a real one ..this was only a preview...???? Like winning Euromillions ..but must wait 11 month's for the money on bank arriving....

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Forethat said:

They're made up? Where have you been living for the past couple of years? Isolated in Antarctica? In a mine shaft 20,000 feet below? On Mars? 

Everything on that list are legitimate claims from whining remainers. The financial crash was due the day after the referendum in case the leave side won.

Now, granted the "28 days later" parodies where kind of daft, nevertheless, I think we can safely assume they weren't products of any Brexit campaigners. As for the super gonorrhea outbreaks, I kind of agree with you; it sounds so bizarre you'd think it's not true, but...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-could-lead-to-spread-of-infectious-diseases-such-as-supergonorrhoea-health-chief-warns-a3898186.html

I have to give it to you remainers, though, you certainly know how to entertain! Keep the laughs coming! :cheesy:

11 month's of laughter coming .....promise......next monday probably first batch after both sides at same time on their media go announce their negotiation drafts .... ????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

11 month's of laughter coming .....promise......next monday probably first batch after both sides at same time on their media go announce their negotiation drafts .... ????

Goodness me...don't tell me you'll bite my legs off?

8 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Goodness me...don't tell me you'll bite my legs off?

sometimes British humor pass my understanding ….this is such a example  moment ....

I liked "Minister … minister " very much long time ago  had always that double bottom thinking needed to understand in full , marvelous British humor that time....yeah that time … not now any more …. forgone glory 

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, david555 said:

Dont be so dissapointed.....you  have a re run on 31December...a real one ..this was only a preview...???? Like winning Euromillions ..but must wait 11 month's for the money on bank arriving....

Let's not forget the soon coming "cliffedge" decision of June 30 when then UK PM will decide if he or she wishes to continue transition period for further 12 or 24 months. 

Let's also not forget that during this transition period, UK EU relation has changed only the way that UK is now officially a vassal state of EU domination. 

It's going to be hilarious to see how long the people of Wangland will allow this to go on. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Let's not forget the soon coming "cliffedge" decision of June 30 when then UK PM will decide if he or she wishes to continue transition period for further 12 or 24 months. 

Let's also not forget that during this transition period, UK EU relation has changed only the way that UK is now officially a vassal state of EU domination. 

It's going to be hilarious to see how long the people of Wangland will allow this to go on. 

You mean this timetable only 6 month's negotiation time in real...?

2020-02-01_163753.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

No worries, I'll help you out.

1. You get beat.

2. You don't realise you've been beat.

3. You get beat again.

4. You still don't realise you've been beat.

5. You get mocked for not realising you've been beat.

6. You get beat again. 

7. You still don't get it and instead claim that you've won.

Believe me, it's funny as he**, we're laughing our <deleted> off...

I think all the beating is done by the righteous ones. Brexit is Brexit. 

In a way, this is what taking back full control looks like. 

Enjoy. I know you do. 

735px-Nuremberg_chronicles_-_Flagellants_(CCXVr).jpg.04e9e72682efc7ff44e196ef89a48dd7.jpg

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

You mean this timetable only 6 month's negotiation time in real...?

2020-02-01_163753.png

Pretty much so. It depends how far are the negotiations by that time. 

In reality it means that there is no any kind of comprehensive deal between EU and UK by the time transition period ends. I'm pretty sure EU is already preparing for this eventuality. 

It's also natural that now, that UK has finally Brexited, EU nations will start openly asking for companies based in UK, to move to the continent where they can still have access to the EU markets. 

Brexiteers got what they wanted. They just didn't understood what they wanted really was about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Silencer said:

For supporters of Brexit, do you suppose B-Day will have a similiar feel as Independence Day in the US?

No, but 23 June will do in future if Bill Cash's private members bill to make it a bank holiday passes through the house as expected.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Absolutely deluded.

Yes I believe those who gave out the political rhetoric during the referendum should be held to account over what is actually delivered. Or are you saying it was all lies? Because I can believe that.

The pound has lost value against the Euro since the referendum. But you knew that already.

Soon to be 6th largest. And it depends on how you measure it.

Tax legislation? Ah now we are getting to the crux of the matter. Brexit is and always was about the ability of the rich to evade tax in the face of tightening EU legislation over tax havens.

Free floating currency? The UK never lost that.

Global trade deals from a position of weakness.

The biggest financial powerhouse is already moving assets to Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin. All that remains will be passported at the expense of the fishermen you lauded so much in the referendum.

Eu regulations? You mean EU standards that you are quite happy to see the UK undercut and spiral to the bottom. Along with workers rights.

The UK lost. Rich tax evading fatcats won.

Interesting.

Follow the TransferWise mid market rates between the GBP and the Euro here,

The GBP has already gained 2 cents on the Euro during January 2020.

https://transferwise.com/us/currency-converter/gbp-to-eur-rate?amount=1

• Like 2