Thailand 10 Things

Vietem

On 3/3/2020 at 10:12 AM, Vietem said:

The plumber says he’ll be round in the morning so you go out, knowing that he’ll come in the afternoon (or tomorrow).

Where is this "plumber" located, I have yet to find one in all my years in Thailand!

#8. I agree with, take a stick and put a couple of rocks in your pocket as well! - just in case.

• Like 2

...you just assume your steam rice in a restaurant will be delivered 15-20 minutes before the two dishes you ordered 

...you get accustomed to the gecko brown markings on the interior of your house walls

... expecting the sound of “ma-mee” (no have) when asking for a particular item in a store (a shop will wait until they run out before stocking up the particular brand name item)

... no shock seeing Thais laugh at obese, handicap, or mentally handicap people in comedies

....not shocked seeing Buddhist wats more interested in their building projects than helping the needy

... being scolded showing the bottom of your feet; meanwhile it’s ok for locals to itch the bottom of their feet while eating

• Like 2

You lock yourself in the bathroom while showering even though n one else is home.

You cannot hear anyone yelling for you (even if they are just outside the door and yelling 'fire') when you are showering in the locked bathroom.

Happened to me the other day when I realised I was getting excited about the opening of a

new 7-11 down the road from us.........wonder what products they are going to have which are

completely different from the five other 7-11s in our locale. 

Edited by dick turpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Where is this "plumber" located, I have yet to find one in all my years in Thailand!

#8. I agree with, take a stick and put a couple of rocks in your pocket as well! - just in case.

I've noticed that in my native UK there's a website you can use to find a decent plumber, electrician etc, in your area with reviews of the service they give. Wouldn't it be great if they had that in Thailand?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

My barometer is watching how foreigners drive, both on motorbikes and cars. A lot of them here go native on the roads and start driving like the locals. Just an observation. 

Maybe the only way to survive.

• Like 2