Air Asia cancelled flight.

wildpikey

Is anyone else having a absolute nightmare trying to get the "account credit" from Air Asia after they have cancelled the flight?

All they have now is some artificial intelliegence chat that does not have much intelligence. It seems to me that they are doing their absolute upmost to put people of being able to get a refund or even take a credit note for flights in the future.

i have similar but not AA,

I booked Nok Air for one trip they ''Suspended flight'' and have not been keen on refunding my money

i have recently had an Email from Chirayut [email protected] basically saying i can get

a refund after 45 working days ? (this was after messing me about so i involved my CC issuing bank and all of a sudden they replied)

my other flights were with Thai Lion Air who when i contacted they told me to contact my travel agent ? i went back over my booking and no mention of any travel agent until i paid but my total booking was made with TLA and i think i got an Email from Air-Paz or similar confirming the flight i had just booked? so they seemed to be wriggling from day one.

the Hotel refunded my money after bank contacted them, still trying for the other four flights.

i basically got music played day after day they wanted me to take a voucher but i have heard in the past other airlines have doubled the flight price so vouchers can be iffy.

Amazon refund within a day???         

Well. for years I have been doing my own bookings, but after this experience, (still ongoing but I am about to give up for my own sanity!) I think I will use an agent ongoing so I have a point of contact.

This is literally the most frustrating thing I have had to do in as long as I can remember, and no closer to a solution yet.

7 minutes ago, zoza said:

i have recently had an Email from Chirayut [email protected] basically saying i can get

a refund after 45 working days

Hey, I know that one!  So you contact them after 45 days and tell them about it, and they say you waited too long, these things must be settled within 14 days (or some such).

"But I contacted you on (insert date here)"

"We have no record of that."

Best of luck with this mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bendejo said:

Hey, I know that one!  So you contact them after 45 days and tell them about it, and they say you waited too long, these things must be settled within 14 days (or some such).

That would pretty much explain ths situation somewhat...   Not that I would wish it on anyone, but does feel a bit better knowing its not only me!

I persevered with Ava, first with the covid choice and then cancelled flight. The complication I had was using my Big rewards number. But I persisted eventually getting a number to quote about it. Sure it took time given so many of these. They replied about credit for later flights even though a cancellation if a refund. I've used them over ten years and accept their a budget airline but rarely had issues and do all my bookings myself.

2 minutes ago, bendejo said:

i purchase most things on my UK credit card they are normally Quite good and i ask for

Charge Back if they mess them about (hopefully they do) then it becomes a <deleted>-take and 

they have come good twice before and i had one were they never replied back but that was

not a charge back, the Airlines are taking the <deleted>. as they do nowadays.  

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Still waiting for 'credit notes' on 4 Air Asia cancelled flights.

Not much hope really.

I think I am in agreement. Think walking away is the best option. Oh and of course never fly with them again.. thats if they survive this situation anyway.... LoL

A message from Tony

When Kamarudin and I started AirAsia nearly 20 years ago, we had a dream of allowing everyone the opportunity to fly. Sadly, that opportunity has now been taken away from us for now. 

It’s an uncertain time. Never could I have imagined it, no one could have predicted it and yet everyone has been touched by it. So I want to be open and transparent with you in this time of uncertainty.

There’s no denying that our industry has been hit hard, and we are no exception. This is possibly the biggest challenge we have ever had to face. We have no revenue coming in, 96% of our fleet is grounded and we still have significant ongoing financial commitments such as fuel suppliers and leasing agents. 

We are doing everything possible to reduce costs during this time so we can come back fighting as fast as possible and continue to be the world’s best low cost carrier, enabling everyone the ability to fly with our great value and service. 

We are one of the few airlines world over who has kept all of our staff on. AirAsia is a family and there are tens of thousands of Allstars who depend on the business for their livelihoods and the wellbeing of their own families. Kamarudin and I will not be taking a salary during this period and Allstars from across the business have accepted temporary pay reductions of anywhere between 15-75%, depending on seniority, to share the impact this is having on our business. I thank them for their sacrifice and in keeping the big picture in mind as we navigate this together.

In spite of all these challenges, I want to assure you that AirAsia is strong and remains firmly focused on the future and serving you, our guests. I also want to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all of you for your loyalty to AirAsia and I hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and well throughout this trying time. I’m truly sorry that many of your travel plans have been affected. Like all airlines, AirAsia had no choice but to cancel a large number of flights due to government restrictions in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. 

I know many of you have expressed frustration with not receiving a refund for your flights but I encourage you to accept a credit as a good alternative. More than 80 percent of you have accepted our credit offer and we truly appreciate this. Please know that our policy is in line with many operators in the travel industry and reflects our focus on coming out the other side of this difficult period and flying with you again as soon as possible. We have ensured that we adhere to all regulations and requirements of respective governments and consumer authorities and believe this is the best solution. You are among the over 600 million guests who have flown AirAsia and can’t wait to fly with you again once this is over.

While we strongly encourage you to accept the credit which is instant and comes with a 365-day validity and allows you to change your flight date for an unlimited number of times, we do accept requests for refund on a case by case basis. However, due to the overwhelming number of requests that we have received, it may take a long process of between 12 to 16 weeks.

I also want to acknowledge the comments I’ve seen about our virtual Allstar AVA. Please know that we take your feedback seriously and my team is making improvements to the system daily. Currently, our team and AVA are handling 10 times the normal volume of queries, which is now at about half a million guests on a daily basis. 

We are working tirelessly, around the clock, to provide assistance to each and every one of you. We’ve mobilised additional support to our customer happiness team, including 1,800 Allstars from other functions, who have rolled up their sleeves and volunteered to help, so more live agents are available to assist you via our LiveChat, Facebook Messenger, Twitter & WeChat 24/7. 

We’ve never had a time like this before and we are doing our best. We are not always perfect but we strive to do all we can for our people and our customers at all times. This is unprecedented but it is also temporary and we will be back, stronger than before, repainting the skies red and making sure everyone can fly again.

Until then…

Stay home. Be safe. And look to the future.

#InThisTogether

Lots of love,
Tony

** Follow AirAsia on Twitter (@AirAsia) and Facebook (facebook.com/AirAsia) for the latest updates, or contact our customer support team at support.airasia.com. Check your flight status at airasia.com/flightstatus for live updates. 

Please refer to the COVID-19 Guide to check your eligibility and for information on how to submit your preferred alternate travel request.

Download our apps now: iOS | Android
My Bookings | Check-in | Flight status | Support
©2020 AirAsia Group Berhad

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I have never gotten a refund from any Thailand domestic airline.

Spend hours in the past calling, going to the airport, etc.

Now, just move on not worth the hassle for 30 or 40 bucks.

Id agree with that one, but my flights were worth US 300, so gave it a shot, but again, 300 still isnt loosing my mind over, anyway, oh well,

Air Asia, no cooperation.   And yes, there AI is worthless.   On the other hand Hotwire and Qatar Airlines have been awesome.  Got flight credits for future flights.   And they initiated the credits.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TC17 said:

And they initiated the credits.

You were probably entitled to a refund so they initiated the credits to try and swerve doing that.  Can't blame them IMO, as not many would have the ability to pay so much in such a short period of time.

I use Air Asia quite often. For all my paid flights i did not flying ( were about 7 or 8flights through all the years) i got back my airport taxes, before Covid. Now actually i have 4 flights cancelled due to Covid. For all i requested Credit account. One i got already 1.700 THB waiting time was 4 weeks. For the other 3 cancelled flight i requested 3 weeks ago and i am sure i will get the credit, too. Its a litle bit complicated to request for it but i did never had any problems. Nok Air and Thai Lion never gave me airport taxes back.   

Star airline in my flight refund debacle is Bangkok airways back in my bank inside a week no such luck with BA or Finair with BA not paying back any taxes just £97 for a bkk-lhr rtn covid is a charter for corporate thieving  ???? 

Apply for a credit note using the AVA function. Once you can see your request registered - called Cases to AA - then it's just a matter of time before your funds are deposited. I had 5 flights booked around Malaysia during March and to date 2 have been credited and amount is exactly what I paid.

Phone calls and e mails are a waste of time. Use the system and the correct codes and you'll get your credit but patience most certainly is required.

22 hours ago, izod10 said:

A message from Tony

When Kamarudin and I started AirAsia nearly 20 years ago, we had a dream of allowing everyone the opportunity to fly. Sadly, that opportunity has now been taken away from us for now. 

It’s an uncertain time. Never could I have imagined it, no one could have predicted it and yet everyone has been touched by it. So I want to be open and transparent with you in this time of uncertainty.

There’s no denying that our industry has been hit hard, and we are no exception. This is possibly the biggest challenge we have ever had to face. We have no revenue coming in, 96% of our fleet is grounded and we still have significant ongoing financial commitments such as fuel suppliers and leasing agents. 

We are doing everything possible to reduce costs during this time so we can come back fighting as fast as possible and continue to be the world’s best low cost carrier, enabling everyone the ability to fly with our great value and service. 

We are one of the few airlines world over who has kept all of our staff on. AirAsia is a family and there are tens of thousands of Allstars who depend on the business for their livelihoods and the wellbeing of their own families. Kamarudin and I will not be taking a salary during this period and Allstars from across the business have accepted temporary pay reductions of anywhere between 15-75%, depending on seniority, to share the impact this is having on our business. I thank them for their sacrifice and in keeping the big picture in mind as we navigate this together.

In spite of all these challenges, I want to assure you that AirAsia is strong and remains firmly focused on the future and serving you, our guests. I also want to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all of you for your loyalty to AirAsia and I hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and well throughout this trying time. I’m truly sorry that many of your travel plans have been affected. Like all airlines, AirAsia had no choice but to cancel a large number of flights due to government restrictions in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. 

I know many of you have expressed frustration with not receiving a refund for your flights but I encourage you to accept a credit as a good alternative. More than 80 percent of you have accepted our credit offer and we truly appreciate this. Please know that our policy is in line with many operators in the travel industry and reflects our focus on coming out the other side of this difficult period and flying with you again as soon as possible. We have ensured that we adhere to all regulations and requirements of respective governments and consumer authorities and believe this is the best solution. You are among the over 600 million guests who have flown AirAsia and can’t wait to fly with you again once this is over.

While we strongly encourage you to accept the credit which is instant and comes with a 365-day validity and allows you to change your flight date for an unlimited number of times, we do accept requests for refund on a case by case basis. However, due to the overwhelming number of requests that we have received, it may take a long process of between 12 to 16 weeks.

I also want to acknowledge the comments I’ve seen about our virtual Allstar AVA. Please know that we take your feedback seriously and my team is making improvements to the system daily. Currently, our team and AVA are handling 10 times the normal volume of queries, which is now at about half a million guests on a daily basis. 

We are working tirelessly, around the clock, to provide assistance to each and every one of you. We’ve mobilised additional support to our customer happiness team, including 1,800 Allstars from other functions, who have rolled up their sleeves and volunteered to help, so more live agents are available to assist you via our LiveChat, Facebook Messenger, Twitter & WeChat 24/7. 

We’ve never had a time like this before and we are doing our best. We are not always perfect but we strive to do all we can for our people and our customers at all times. This is unprecedented but it is also temporary and we will be back, stronger than before, repainting the skies red and making sure everyone can fly again.

Until then…

Stay home. Be safe. And look to the future.

#InThisTogether

Lots of love,
Tony

** Follow AirAsia on Twitter (@AirAsia) and Facebook (facebook.com/AirAsia) for the latest updates, or contact our customer support team at support.airasia.com. Check your flight status at airasia.com/flightstatus for live updates. 

Please refer to the COVID-19 Guide to check your eligibility and for information on how to submit your preferred alternate travel request.

Download our apps now: iOS | Android
My Bookings | Check-in | Flight status | Support
©2020 AirAsia Group Berhad

Nice way of saying f@#@ you, I'm keeping your money whether you like it or not...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AA cancelled my flight international flight Sydney to Thailand.

I used 'AVA' on 10 March to try to get a credit and I thought they were just hiding behind 'Ava' to ignore but.

But on 31 March I got a message apologizing for the delay to attend to my communication and suggesting I take credit for the flights they cancelled. I responded immediately confirming I want the credit.

On 18 April I got their confirmation credit will be processed.

Nothing further since so, unfortunately it looks like it takes a very long time to get it all completed. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 8:15 AM, scorecard said:

On 18 April I got their confirmation credit will be processed.

Nothing further since so, unfortunately it looks like it takes a very long time to get it all completed. 

Received same and was advised it takes 30 calendar days to complete. Go to love how AA sign off on these credit e mails:

Regards, 
Customer Happiness 
AirAsiaservlet.ImageServer?oid=00D7F0000002WjH&esid=0182v00000oaemM

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2020 at 1:20 PM, Neeranam said:

I'm not wasting any more time,about 2 hours already, which just costs me more in lost earnings. 

I had good service, like when they sold me 16 tickets for 99 baht each but now, fk them.

I have had email after email and they totally contradict themselves, That Ava is totally a front to decieve also. Following this escapade I can honestly say that they are the most dispicable company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I really hope they go bust!

An absolute shambles.

(And no I havent received the credit)

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 12:16 AM, RubbaJohnny said:

To be positive about Nok I received a refund in about 10 days

BA took almost 6 months last time I dealt with them  and a lawyer's intervention.

I have a voucher from BA. I hope that I will be able to use it before March.