Foreigners caught on Pattaya beach face year in jail or heavy fines, says police chief

rooster59

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Where will the BiB get the most tea money, on Beach Road or setting up check points on any busy road you care to mention?

my point that I have made for years on TVF - you cannot detect the majority of moving traffic violations that cause deaths on the roads here at a static checkpoint - the roads in Thailand are generally unpoliced and people drive what ever way they want without fear of detection 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, smedly said:

my point that I have made for years on TVF - you cannot detect the majority of moving traffic violations that cause deaths on the roads here at a static checkpoint - the roads in Thailand are generally unpoliced and people drive what ever way they want without fear of detection 

Yes, your dead right, I was just making a choice of where the BiB would collect the most tea money.

3 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Nearly choked on my home made Baileys (thanks Brit Man too) when I read the bit about beautiful and environmental... mental maybe!????

Well a link to the recipe would have been nice !

Then I could read the news with a more relaxed attitude as well !!

Fake Bailey's ........

1 teaspoon red cup coffee, 2 teaspoons Milo 3 in 1, fill to 1/2 cup with hot water.

Add 3 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk and 80ml Hong Thong rum (or or SangSom or whiskey), throw in blender with ice, whizz until smooth.

Serve over ice, best drunk quickly while it's still smooth and frothy (usually not a problem).

Edited April 17 by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 6:58 AM, bbi1 said:

Seems like it

On 4/25/2020 at 6:38 AM, sungod said:

'Khemmarin told Sophon Cable TV that Pattaya was a beautiful, environmental place but the public had to understand that we are in the grip of a pandemic. '

Theres not much cash to go around,

However cant defend that type of statement, Pattaya is great for many things but a beautiful environmental place is not at the top of my list!

Halong Bay, Vietnam.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Weird times when they are more concerned about the odd person on the beach than the 1000s needing food

This is the status quo, not the exception. The population is not part of the Thai equation.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:18 AM, jack7106 said:

I am sorry but you are incorrect mate. One of my Thai friends was threatened with a 100,000 Baht fine but was told by police they will accept the 30,000 Baht payoff or she is going to jail????????‍♂️????????????

Looks like she saved you 70k. ???? 

On 4/25/2020 at 12:30 PM, rooster59 said:

both Thais and foreigners were among people arrested for violating the ban on congregating at the beach,

And yet the 'foreigners' are the ones that garner the headlines!  I wonder why?  Could there be some subtle, or not so subtle racism involved?