Lockdown update

SidJames

23 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Do you (and everyone else who trots this out) ever stop to consider that maybe the restrictions that have been put in place are the reason, or contributing enormously to the fact that there are so few deaths here?

PH

You seem a bit naive who actually believe the numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You seem a bit naive who actually believe the numbers. 

Pretty sure I have not said that.

Dunno where you are from, but UK Government recently called out over their failure to be upfront on their numbers - only deaths from covid in hospital have been counted in their 20000 dead figures.  And let's not start on the daily diet of lies from the US administration.  Or maybe that's what you were referring to?

I have commented that I think it remarkable that Thai hospitals do not seem to be inundated with very ill people in stark contrast to USA, UK and numerous other "advanced" countries.

PH

There is over-reporting of deaths in every country - people counted as corona deaths even if they died of something else.

However, there is also under-reporting in every country - people that apparently died of something else when no one suspected that they were infected and that the virus was the real cause of death.

The best way to see the effect of the virus is to compare the number of all deaths in a country with the numbers in the past years. Often, that will mean having to wait a year or two; however, the Euromomo has early reporting for the EU countries already:
https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

Edited by farang51
  • Like 2

Time for countries other than Sweden to begin Phase 2, minimizing deaths as much as possible.  

Motorcycles, heart conditions, poor health in general takes decades before killing. 

This virus is quick and deadly for those at-risk.

"This virus has turned chronic health liabilities into an acute threat."

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 2

I think the alcohol band as far as bars ( because no social distancing) will be extended but will be able to buy at supermarkets. Guess you will have to invite maybe no more than 3  friends over  and be quiet if you need companionship/budddies to drink with. I know more fun to drink in wolf pack than home alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

I have commented that I think it remarkable that Thai hospitals do not seem to be inundated with very ill people in stark contrast to USA, UK and numerous other "advanced" countries.

How many Thai hospitals have you gone to see?

I think ...

4 May: Small outdoor shops, outdoor food vendors, and public parks.

18 May: Small general shops that are air-conditioned and outdoor exercise venues. 

1 June: Department stores, malls, markets, barbers & beauty clinics, dentists & swimming pools

15 June: High risk premises like movie theaters, massage shops, stadiums, pubs, karaokes, gyms, schools.

EWnqdvNUwAEFpVi.jpg.ddc87f512ae9ae2a1187e45806d779ee.jpg

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Just had word that apparently they aren't doing the checkpoints today ?

A friend that goes to Pattaya Klang almost daily just mention it. Thought maybe it was because of the rain.

Your post was made on Monday and feedback from my Mrs contradicted that. Early Monday she wanted to get to a market in Naklua and was given a bit of a hard time by a checkpoint on Sukhumvit near the Banglamung police station. Said due to the prior days higher number of new cases, 50 or so, they were tightening up! It didn't help that she forgot her driving licence and her ID shows Korat as residence. They let her through of course, maybe the M/C plates helped. She gave me some all in Thai form she told me I would need if I tried to go into town, I said hadn't needed that the day or 2 before. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 4/26/2020 at 7:56 PM, Phulublub said:

Do you (and everyone else who trots this out) ever stop to consider that maybe the restrictions that have been put in place are the reason, or contributing enormously to the fact that there are so few deaths here?

PH

Maybe consider moving to Saoudi Arabia????? 55555555

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

She gave me some all in Thai form she told me I would need if I tried to go into town

Went today, from Soi Siam Country Club to Foodland, around noon, with a Thai driver.

At control point Sukhumvit, she had to show her I.D. card. 

I nothing ( I had my passport, pink I.D. card, Yellow Book, with me ).

Temperature was taken from both of us.

Control was done by volunteers, I assume.

On the way back no any form of control.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Went today, from Soi Siam Country Club to Foodland, around noon, with a Thai driver.

At control point Sukhumvit, she had to show her I.D. card. 

I nothing ( I had my passport, pink I.D. card, Yellow Book, with me ).

Temperature was taken from both of us.

Control was done by volunteers, I assume.

On the way back no any form of control.

I had the same experience there a few days ago, simply a temperature check and on my way.

9 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Tomorrow will be the 14th day with a no new cases of coronavirus in Pattaya.

According to the post in the newletter a couple hours ago, we are only at 10 days currently.

Pattaya virus-free for 10th day as Covid-19 testing continues - https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1161869-pattaya-virus-free-for-10th-day-as-covid-19-testing-continues/?do=findComment&comment=15352128

Still, rather be at 10 (or 14) than be hearing about dozens of new infections being detected.

Drove into Pattaya from the south yesterday, checkpoint on Sukumvit, checked wife driving licence and temp as she was driving also my temperature.  That was all, on our way with less than two minute delay.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Drove into Pattaya from the south yesterday, checkpoint on Sukumvit, checked wife driving licence and temp as she was driving also my temperature.  That was all, on our way with less than two minute delay.

That's exactly what happened to me.

I wonder now what the purpose is anymore or if indeed there was any except to keep paying lip service

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SidJames said:

Announcements are expected later tonight about what will happen on Friday 1st May.

They do like a late night announcement which gives plenty of time for the rumour mongers to get fully into stride.

Actually no...it,s so they can do a runner just before curfew time thus avoiding any possible protests.....:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, SidJames said:

Announcements are expected later tonight about what will happen on Friday 1st May.

They do like a late night announcement which gives plenty of time for the rumour mongers to get fully into stride.

Same with the UK government.  The last lockdown extension of three weeks was subtly dropped to the press at least four days before the official announcement two weeks ago.  It's specifically designed to soften the populous up to the idea and by the time it becomes official we're already acclimatised to the fact, which is how you'd deal with a child.

23 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

specifically designed to soften the populous up to the idea and by the time it becomes official we're already acclimatised to the fact, which is how you'd deal with a child

I agree, but if they told people at the beginning it will take 2 months in the house and another two with restrictions, people would have gone mental and there would be way more people in the street, which would defeat the purpose.

Over here in Europe, I knew from the first week that the tenants of the mall were told two months, shops closed.

If you look at Thailand's schedule, the major openings really start on June 1st.

Even the red one 15 June is misleading with stadiums, stadiums will NOT open June 15 in my opinion, maybe 1st September (IF).

International flights will likely begin 15 June - July 1st, on select routes. Look something like this on Qatar:

Screenshot_20200430-003626_Qatar Airways.jpg

Edited by lkv

16 minutes ago, Terek said:

when go go bars re-opening? maybe someone have idea . I am very OK with situation personally, saving a lot of money :)) but I know also girls are bored and want to work

Bangkok is 15th June apparently