Thai govt issues order extending emergency measures - alcohol ban unclear

webfact

1 minute ago, Yadon Toploy said:

This, at best, misleading.  That announcement refers to government measures.  The alcohol farce is the decision of individual provincial governors, so is not covered by that announcements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Is yeast available at our local Makro?

Not sure.  Got  mine at Big C. Look in the cake and bakery part. near the flour and cake mixes.   

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

Rule by law or rule of law - make your choice voters.

They certainly tried last time, and through redistricting, discrepancies, and recounts, the guy who wanted to win did. Soon after, he made the opposition go away. I wonder what else the voters might have to do.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Do you honestly think that the voters will be given a fair chance at voting? The rules will be changed to ensure that this group stay in power.

Surely not ?? How could they do that ??  

Oh, wait...........

1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

It will only cause misery or even death to alcoholics who have a physical dependance on alcohol.  For the majority of people, there are plenty of other refreshing, healthy, drinks available, e.g. natural fruit juices!

Yep. You cant beat a natural fruit juice  with your dinner.

Goes well with curry. ????

Edited by fishtank
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The government must be really confident about the ability of their tanks and helicopters. Another month of unemployment, no income and no food is not going to sit well with many Thais.

Army are warming up the Strykers ready for use in the near future.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, johno49 said:

This is just "Prayut the poof" just loves the power he has and loves his little nanny state where he can keep his children in line.

He is safe, for now, until the new Military boss gets xxxxxx off with him, then we will see how powerful he really is, or isn't. 

And I bet every single governor and politician supporting this has a suitably large stash of wine / beer / whiskey at home and cannot see for a moment what the issue is..and I would include Prayut in that as soliders whether serving, ex (or in prayut case both) are well know to like a pint or two...just saying. 

As a previous poster mentioned this is about power and control, not co-vid. I hope people remember this when it comes to the next election. Rule by law or rule of law - make your choice voters. 

Election don't do sht because in senate has already 250 members from royal thai army! And 489 seats!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

It's important to point out, that while 50k doesn't sound like much, he is likely receiving similar amounts from many other companies. 

Police get they most extra "salary" from traffic stops! And now when people not move so much they money have much decrease! And normal police salary is sht! Only 15k/month. Reason need get extra!

31 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The lack of planning is frightening. Yesterday, beautiful, colorful graphics were published, which shops were allowed to open and when. Now out of nowhere and without justification the whole thing is tipped over and postponed indefinitely. I would like a clear, logically coordinated approach. Unfortunately, the deficits of a haphazard leadership adds now to the tiresome virus.

But the alcohol ban is not included in any of this extension,. it is not a national ruling, it is done on a province by province basis, so any extension to any alcohol ban MUST come as an official announcement from the provincial governor.

Considering all measures in our province have had plenty of notice, so for me i think the alcohol ban will be lifted after tonight.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, transam said:

Unfortunately, "Big Brother" seems a bit confused at the mo, but here, quite normal .......................:coffee1:

Alcohol ban just been officially confirmed....."until further notice" :sad:

Without wanting to take the thread off course. 

The answer is yes, those who support these dinosaurs, are like there erstwhile politcial name sakes are dying off due to old age, so their voter base is shrinking. I think the youth are far more savvy and determined than most on TVF give them credit for, and as we saw with the momentous result of FFP in the last election (which scared the pants of the establishedment who were completely broadsided by the 8 million odd votes FFP got)  despite is dissolution, their voter base still remains strong and will vote along similar lines next time. Give the governments shocking handling of the social and economic fallout of co-vid 19, I can see PTP taking back many of the votes they lost and people deserting the coalition parties like rats off a sinking ship.

I may be wrong but i think PPP and Prayut have blown is spectacularly - added to this the internal power struggles in PPP with Prawit being lined up to leader of the party, and unsurp Utamas, that party itself could well fracture and splinter along power cliche lines as the places at the trough are rearranged. 

The dinosaurs are looking to the sky and the asteroid is getting closer.  

Anyway back to topic - Advice to the PM - Damage limitation advice - make beer available. 

I wish I shared you optomism. This is nothing against the young Thais who I work with and I know are savvy. I talk about that rules of the election will be changed. Look at the last one how the list candidate system was rigged so that PTP got no seats. And like you said the FFP scared the hell out of them and are now dissolved. There will be many more rules in place before the next election ensuring that the same does not happen again.

If the last election had been free and fair this lot would not be in power now, and we might be able to get a drink.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, one supermarket in Bangkok put notices in store on Wednesday to announce that it would not be selling alcohol throughout May.

Hope people don't buy anything else there it must be an covid 19 infected place then, if you can't go in to buy a beer how come you can buy food.

• Like 1