Government set to revive tourism

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

I am doing my part.

I have another Thai Friendly tour all planned out. 

I don't have a complete list of performance dates yet but I will be in Kalasin June 14th.  

Did you remember the 'Stoning the foreigners' and 'Motorcycle wheelie' competitions?

Can't be a success without those...

Oh, and don't forget to dig some holes for them to poop in. Essential if you're selling alcohol or tickets to the cock fights....

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

According to Booking.com next month the country which is looking the most is Russia we can always rely on our Russian friends 

We got two Russian bookings yesterday, the first in a few weeks, both for January.

Odds on they will cancel but you're right, if anyone returns it will be the Russians...quarantine rules in both places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Domestic tourism, when half of the country is living hand to mouth, right now?

Closed airports and 14 day quaranteen and 100.000 $ health insurance?

Just say it: we only want the Chinese back, because they are all that matters!

Prebooked tours and meals, in Chinese owned hotels and restaurants and by Chinese owned companies!

Yeah...thast'll help Somchai back on hios feet!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Make it as attractive as you like. Take your time as you’ve got plenty of it. No one is gonna fly to a country for 14 days isolation to return home for another 14 days when they get back. 

there will not be any "self-isolation" or quarantine.  Testing can be done like Iceland is doing. 

"From June 15, however, tourists and Icelandic residents will be allowed to enter the country from outside the Schengen area, and all travellers given the option to get tested upon entering instead of undergoing quarantine. Authorities expect test results to be available the same day, and those who test negative for SARS-CoV-2 will not be required to quarantine themselves.

If travellers have a reliable certificate confirming they have recently tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 they will also be exempt from undergoing quarantine."  https://www.icelandreview.com/travel/iceland-to-open-borders-on-june-15/

The world Covid 19 numbers are going down steadily and testing is ramping up steadily

• Like 1

Look at the picture in the OP.

Flag swinger in front followed by the herd.

And that is exactly what you can expect as soon as flight ban is lifted!

They already paved the way by removing China from the list of risk countries.

So you - the westerner - are the risk and might end in hotel quarantine :biggrin:

I hope and pray that I will have a chance to pioneer by doing some domestic tour BEFORE the flight ban is lifted!

One former work mate is already off the list (wanted to Ko Samui in June).

Another one to Jomtien in July. Chances are thin.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Msybe a better idea to give half if thus money to the poor here in Thailand.. Pointless to expect overseas tourists for a long time yet. The other half could be spent on cleaning up the seas air rivers and land so as to promote sustainable tourism in the future.

There will be plenty of people willing to go to Thailand. Most people don't share the anxiety of the (older) Thai expat community.

6 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Awww! That's so cute! ????❤️

The scams have to stop. Now. All of them.

If they do then the moniker LOS (Land of Scams) would not be any good anymore...The Thais can not have that happen, they need the scams to continue....