Over 90% of Thai people want a total ban on foreign arrivals

webfact

16 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

My daughter, having been born in Vietnam of a Vietnamese mother, watches videos and the news from Vietnam every day.  There seems to be a concensus emerging among the people who worked in the tourist trade that they will go back to tilling the land.  There are not many material comforts to be had when you subsist on the land but it's not a bad lifestyle. It's an old argument but the sacrifices people pay for a materialistic life style are many.  Actually, Thailand in the 1960s was pretty nice. People were more relaxed and loved to chat.  Maybe Thailand could get by with very little tourism.  

Perhaps your right. Id like to see a reverse in globalization. Its ruining real LIFE.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AlexJohanson said:

Its best to just keep you ahead down and don't question the Thai Government. 

Aliens / farangs .

Have no input at all, into the Thai Goverments decisions process .

We can just moan about it on TVforums ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Funny thing about that.  Came back from a trip down to Phuket.  Upon exiting Suvarnabhumi airport, I went out to get a cab. First two in the que refused my fare for whatever reason, only going to Lumpini Park.  Next one the girlfriend took the ticket up to the Taxiand told him where to go, as soon as I got inside the driver started asking 20 questions. Where you from? You finish quarantine? Why you come as tourist to visit now with Covid. Had to show the stupid git my pink id card before he would believe I had not just come into the country. Truth be told it made me feel like he was scared I was infected......not a good sign.

I bet the driver had a sticker in the window saying " WE LOVE FARNG" ❤️ We speak Ingrish!!!

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

94.45% are most concerned about losing their jobs, 92.05% are worry most about business closures

So, 90% want to ban foreigners and lose their jobs at the same time ? 

I wonder how the figures would vary if they held the polls in Pattaya or Phuket?

All polls are subject to where precisely they are held and the actual questions that are asked.  In other words they are not representative of public opinion in general.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

I hope that this goes around all over the world!!!!!!

Let the world know, how un-welcome you are in Thailand.

There are plenty of other countries to have a nice holiday without dual pricing etc.

I hope the tourist industry will totally collaps over this fascist spirit !!!!!

Please, all tourists: Consider and look for another destination.

Your crazy you see the destitute people squatting all over Pattaya because the are destitute. Thats just the beginning. Why are you so afraid of the CV? Where are you getting your information from. The govt is playing its citizens and manipulating them.

19 minutes ago, johnray said:

Maybe they should mention the millions of dollars boost in the economy that tourists bring and see if the answers change.

I know ive invested over $30k US in the Thai medical and fertility industry. How many Thais contribute that kind of money to Thailand. Im an American with a Thai wife.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:
2 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I agree, nonsenses [sic].

Wrong again... Ignorance 

You misunderstand, I wasn't saying that the partial equation that you so carefully copied and pasted was "nonsenses" [sic]! 

It seems that you don't know that there has to be two sides to an equation, for example, a = x/y.   "x/y" on it's own (just like the "equation" you copied, pasted and posted) means nothing.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Haha 1

I mean what is the reason for those polls two time per week? Anyway worldwide tourism will not be restored in normal atleast to end of 2021, other side of that is people who own condominium, house who have families, business is mean 90% of Thai people dont want these people to return right? I expected this long time ago, they showing real face but as i said i was expecting this a lot sooner...

Edited by NB1986
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Categorizing ALL people fron Covid Countries is complete Idiocy!

I am now in one of those countries and am very careful, live in the countryside away from the stupid yahoos...

I hope the Governments around the world realize that some of us are responsible, and just require a test and quarantine to enter and educate their countryman to that fact.

Blanket statements are detrimental to smart reopening. 

This is a nice thought. Most of the reporting does not cover this and they cover apples to oranges, not comparing per capita cases and deaths, but rather comparing the whole country to another country, such as the Netherlands to the USA.

World governments must think about how to open up and stay safe, with the virus still around

46 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You misunderstand, I wasn't saying that the partial equation that you so carefully copied and pasted was "nonsenses" [sic]! 

It seems that you don't know that there has to be two sides to an equation, for example, a = x/y.   "x/y" on it's own (just like the "equation" you copied, pasted and posted) means nothing.

???? Well; I obviously the “copy and paste” which I made , is wroten for someone who knows better than you the equation, and something that you didn’t understood yet is my criticism of OP's wrong and manipulated expression;  "More than 90% of Thais want a total ban on foreign arrivals."

BTW... bored.

• Haha 1

When they is no one in hotels or tourist coming.taxis to everything else no money for anyone.The virus has affected  every country.no service jobs  everywhere.Then they will realise that having  tourist helps them out with jobs and anything else that comes with tourist.

The young ladies from issan who had bar jobs  would love the tourist back as we all know.money for the family and a new iphone for them.it also stops the parents on the phone asking them for money or get a job that pays them.One time I knew a bar girl her parents rang her needed money as usual,A car payment was due and just money for the mum.it was 7000 baht in about a week,that is alot so she did what she had to do.She found her customers and paid her parents.

Lets see what happens at the end of the year when the virus is almost done and still no tourist

• Like 2

I feel for the Thais in our island struggling big time, but, I’m loving the quiet empty roads (pretty much), empty clean beaches, and gym devoid of the usual circus. Fine for me if it stay this way for another few months.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

I feel for the Thais in our island struggling big time, but, I’m loving the quiet empty roads (pretty much), empty clean beaches, and gym devoid of the usual circus. Fine for me if it stay this way for another few months.

Oh you'll have more than a few months sonny.  ????

• Thanks 1