One killed, three injured in clash between families

webfact

One killed, three injured in clash between families

By THE NATION

800_c4c2eec72ab3855.jpg?v=1597979761

One person was killed and three of his family members injured in Surat Thani province after a violent confrontation with another family.

Phra Saeng Police Station on Wednesday (August 19) was alerted to a shooting incident at a house in Bang Sawan subdistrict.

At the scene, they found the body of Jaran (last name withheld), aged 49, lying dead on the ground with a gunshot wound. Three other persons -- Nurak, 63, Phurirak, 22, and Theeraphong, 20, had knife wounds. The deceased and injured persons are from the same family.

The alleged shooter, Traithep (last name withheld), 46, was waiting to turn himself in to police at the crime scene, while his son Krai, 14, had allegedly attacked the three victims with the knife.

640_jeeaeaecg7efdfbajge8i.jpg

Preliminary investigation revealed that the incident stemmed from a quarrel between Krai and a nephew of Jaran that escalated into a fistfight, after which Jaran together with his sons, Phurirak and Theeraphong, and father-in-law Nurak came to Traithep’s house, which led to a violent altercation.

Police charged Traithep with murder and Krai with assault with a weapon. They reportedly confessed to their crimes.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393302

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-21

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You've never met a Thai when the fuse is lit?

Sense doesn't come into it.

nothing unique to thailand, happens pretty much everywhere in the world. just be grateful thais can control themselves more than than, for example, US citizens with ready access to guns...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

No different that a bunch of wild animals.
No education - no brains - nothing to lose.  

I'm not sure that is correct. So far as I have seen in my 13 years living here, Thais do receive something called, by those who deliver it, "education". It has been delivered to several generations, and perpetuated by those previous generations who have "benefitted" from it.

The recipients of the so called "education" manifestly do have brains, given the skills shown in many diverse, if (to us) unacceptable, directions: scams, shirking, etc.

Nothing to loose: well, that's just brainwashing, Bhuddism, Islam, Christianity, my imaginary friend stuff, all same same world over. It's an innate part of the package!

Bottom line, Those in high places who rule the roost, do not want, and would be are terrified of the consequences to their wealth and power, if "education" suddenly became EDUCATION.

Much as I detest Faecebook and it's ilk, it may well be the undoing of this culture of control by miseducation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

...and those in high places dont want the masses learning english; the international language, to stop them from learning about the outside world.

Oh, but Great Leader told us Thai was the next language of diplomacy......no need to bother with (spit, spit) Engrish.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Jaran together with his sons, Phurirak and Theeraphong, and father-in-law Nurak came to Traithep’s house, which led to a violent altercation.

So they showed up at the shooters house to continue their dispute with a 14 year old boy...ok. 

Edited by Bluespunk