Giving up on Pattaya

aussiexpat

6 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Not everything can be easily  understood by everybody.     Jingthing has tried to give you an elementary education.

Somewhere in the past, I've read that some of those who protest the loudest about ladyboys, gays and such likely have strong latent homosexual tendencies.

yes ,that always gives me a laugh .

11 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

The marriages where neither partner strays, seem to work best of all......

Not sure they exist, apart from in the minds of a few elderly posters.

Certainly not in Pattaya where anything goes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Just now, aussiexpat said:

expats that would rather stay in their room than drink in girly bars

Would point out not all of us live in small rooms, some of us even have gardens to sit in.

Not to mention the beach, you can always sit on the beach and watch the sea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well that's a great thing, I was only stating the supposed bad things in post above ????

Edited by aussiexpat

On 8/27/2020 at 12:03 AM, ukrules said:

I think it's highly ironic that Australia is keeping everyone locked up again, especially when you consider how it started out as a prison colony ????

More ironic is that most people in the world would choose to live in Australia then in the UK. Kinda says it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out not all of us live in small rooms, some of us even have gardens to sit in.

The ladies off Thaifriendly do like to have a drink by my pool and get their gear off for some skinny dip action.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The ladies off Thaifriendly do like to have a drink by my pool and get their gear off for some skinny dip action.

Grrr! I'm locked away in a duplex with no pool and no thai friendly in Australia. Is it okay if I hate you right now?

Edited by aussiexpat

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

More ironic is that most people in the world would choose to live in Australia then in the UK. Kinda says it all.

I'm not sure that's true, some probably have an idyllic view of Australia who have never been there, but it's funny how many aussies want to be in Thailand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not sure that's true, some probably have an idyllic view of Australia who have never been there, but it's funny how many aussies want to be in Thailand

Ridiculous statement imo. If I had wife, kids and grandkids in Australia I'd never leave. No matter what country you are from Thailand gives you the chance to re-invent yourself when you don't have the above. Pretty simple really.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Grrr! I'm locked away in a duplex with no pool and no thai friendly in Australia. Is it okay if I hate you right now?

Why don't you visit your nearest Thai massage place?  I'm sure it will end happily.  ????

29 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Ridiculous statement imo. If I had wife, kids and grandkids in Australia I'd never leave. No matter what country you are from Thailand gives you the chance to re-invent yourself when you don't have the above. Pretty simple really.

If you are in Pattaya to find a wife you need to give yourself a good shake

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The marriages where the Thai girl turns a blind eye and the man sees girls on the side seem to work, anyway who sets these morals? 

and don't forget girls have secret thai boyfriends too

Does the wife know. My wife tells me she has dreams that I am having an affair. I tell her she is enough trouble without having 2. I always pick the less attractive giks cause I don't want someone to compete with her. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I have two outta three and much prefer Thailand ????

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you are in Pattaya to find a wife you need to give yourself a good shake

How did you get that I'm looking for a wife in Pattaya?

Almost as random as all the ladyboy posts in this thread lol

Edited by aussiexpat

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

"If I had wife, kids and grandkids in Australia I'd never leave"

Reading between the lines, do let us know if you marry a bar girl

I said if I had in Australia? Nothing to do with Thailand bar girls or otherwise?

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Ridiculous statement imo. If I had wife, kids and grandkids in Australia I'd never leave.

But that's just you. I'm sure we could find many Aussie males who wouldn't agree that a wife & kids in Australia, whether Aussie themselves or not, are necessarily the keys to bliss.

If I had wife, kids and grandkids in Australia I'd never leave.

Well, but then you've have obligations, which you might take seriously. Still, many an expat has left his home country for Thailand after the kids are grown.

And you could have those in Thailand as well. That's exactly what an older Aussie friend of mine did. He married a really nice university-educated office girl in Pattaya--plenty of such around in Pattaya working in various businesses. They have 2 lovely daughters who attend private school and are turning out wonderfully. He never, ever wants to go back to Australia.

No matter what country you are from Thailand gives you the chance to re-invent yourself when you don't have the above. Pretty simple really.

So my friend did, and he has the above (except for grandkids yet) right here. Maybe it's just simple-mindedness that finds things "pretty simple."

Funny all the petty demonizing and rationalization needed to create excuses for not loving Pattaya.????

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

They have 2 lovely daughters who attend private school and are turning out wonderfully. He never, ever wants to go back to Australia.

Their education is not recognised in the west. 

Many expats move back to their home country for the education of their children, even older guys who pictured a happy retirement in Thailand in their twilight years have moved back home for the benefit of their children.

His decision not to go back to Australia for the children holds back their future employment opportunities and earning potential.  Such a decision is often viewed as selfish.

I don't blame him, and I am not saying his decision is was right or wrong.  Just saying.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Aren't you in Chiang Mai??? - I only ask because I'm in Bangkok but pretty sure I'm much closer to the beach than you are ???? 

10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Aren't you in Chiang Mai??? - I only ask because I'm in Bangkok but pretty sure I'm much closer to the beach than you are ???? 

If he is in Chiang Mai, I'm pretty sure he's closer to a garden than you are.  ????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Usual promulgation of abysmal stereotypical ignorance. You don't even know what school they attend, of course.????

I've known several examples personally where Thailand diplomas/degrees were in fact accepted in the West. One business owner's daughter was accepted by USC, graduated with an engineering degree, and now works as a professional engineer. Fact. She doesn't regard her father as selfish. Another, an adopted Thai, after attending a purely Thai school, later graduated from ABAC w/ a business degree and was accepted in career path positions in the States and is now in pilot training w/ the USA military. 

His daughters go to quite a good school, are doing well, and seem to be learning more than they would in the usual taxpayer-funded public school in the West, which is where returning expats typically park their kids. They're also not learning a lot of the undesirable characteristics of Western students and it certainly shows.

They may continue uni or graduate school in the West, as countless Thai students do, Or they may enroll in one of the many dual degree programs in offered by Thai unis in cooperation w/ Western. I've known of a successful example of that as well. So, if they're really interested in a particular career, and have some aptitude, I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to pursue it (as in the examples above). In any case, they may not wish to live and work in the West anyway. All those bigots over there, as you know well.

9,000 baht a month salary versus GBP/EURO/USD/AUD etc etc.  I know which one I would chose for my children.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

9,000 baht a month salary versus GBP/EURO/USD/AUD etc etc.  I know which one I would chose for my children.

Again, you're merely thinking of bar girls around Soi Buakhao. As inconceivable as it is here, a lot of Thais make good money in Thailand, and when costs of living are factored in, they may well be able to afford a better lifestyle here than there. Being paid in GBPesos hardly guarantees a great lifestyle, as so many of baked-beans-on-toast tourists and expats can attest.

Though reared in Thailand, they may still have their choice as noted above. Up to them, not you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Again, you're merely thinking of bar girls around Soi Buakhao.

Ok.  15,000 baht a month versus GBP/EURO/USD/AUD etc etc.  ????

I bet you know guys that moved back home for their new child, we all do, probably several.  So why didn't they stay, if Thailand is such a great place to raise your child?  

Each to their own, but I know more guys that moved back home than stayed.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Confused 1